by Clyde1998 » 16 Apr 2024 21:51

After tonight's results, I think it's 0 (1) now. :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Magic Number Thread

by Stranded » 17 Apr 2024 08:20

Clyde1998 After tonight's results, I think it's 0 (1) now. :lol:

If we want to keep it going in case of the extra 2 points then the deduction total is 2.

We would be on 48 - Burton can get to 49 - so any result there on Saturday removes any modicum of concern that that deduction could impact us.

Only thing that could cause us an issue now is the club being put in Admin in the next 10 days and us finishing less than 12 points clear but this seems very unlikely unless the proposed purchase totally collapses.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Apr 2024 08:24

I imagine the only way we go into administration is if the deal collapses and Chiron put us in with their charge on the training ground.

At which point the Administrators come in and sell to Chiron for a lower fee than currently agreed in principle. Assuming they'd still want us in L2.

Otherwise RIP Reading.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Apr 2024 16:03

Snowflake Royal I imagine the only way we go into administration is if the deal collapses and Chiron put us in with their charge on the training ground.

At which point the Administrators come in and sell to Chiron for a lower fee than currently agreed in principle. Assuming they'd still want us in L2.

Otherwise RIP Reading.
Might be in their interest to drag things out until the season changeover if that was the case then we start with -12 in League One I assume instead of starting on 0 in League Two.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 18 Apr 2024 16:17

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal I imagine the only way we go into administration is if the deal collapses and Chiron put us in with their charge on the training ground.

Otherwise RIP Reading.
Might be in their interest to drag things out until the season changeover if that was the case then we start with -12 in League One I assume instead of starting on 0 in League Two.

Not sure which is worse though - League 2 on 0 points may be an immediate return to L1 but L1 on -12 may be a horrible season with a relegation at the end of it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Apr 2024 16:46

MartinRdg
Forbury Lion

Otherwise RIP Reading.

Not sure which is worse though - League 2 on 0 points may be an immediate return to L1 but L1 on -12 may be a horrible season with a relegation at the end of it.

Given the season we’ve just had and the expectations of a quick return prior to the start, whatever makes anyone think we’d get an immediate return from L2

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 18 Apr 2024 17:03

Franchise FC
MartinRdg
Forbury Lion Might be in their interest to drag things out until the season changeover if that was the case then we start with -12 in League One I assume instead of starting on 0 in League Two.

Given the season we’ve just had and the expectations of a quick return prior to the start, whatever makes anyone think we’d get an immediate return from L2

Just my opinion that with a level playing field it would be easier but obviously subject to whether we kept a core of the players we have (and whether there was an owner in place)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2024 17:19

Franchise FC
MartinRdg
Forbury Lion Might be in their interest to drag things out until the season changeover if that was the case then we start with -12 in League One I assume instead of starting on 0 in League Two.

Because our youth team could beat L2 sides in the Trophy?

188 posts