Giant Ruben flag...

107 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Giant Ruben flag...

by skipper » 04 Mar 2024 11:06

Hi gang,

Some fans on Facebook suggested getting a giant Ruben flag made, so show some respect to the man for what he has achieved this season.

They're remarkably cheap, so I've put together a fundraiser, link below.

Please consider chucking a £5er in.

Aim to release at the Lincoln home game.... if not before.

I haven't contacted the club yet, but I will....

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/ruben-selles-barmy-army-flag

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Giant Ruben flag...

by NathStPaul » 04 Mar 2024 11:09

This has scam written all over it. Don't trust people with your money if you don't know them.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2024 11:18

NathStPaul This has scam written all over it. Don't trust people with your money if you don't know them.

It will look pretty shit if it's got scam written all over it.

More seriously, the guy has put his name to the fundraiser and, assuming he hasn't stolen Kieran Moore's identity can easily be found on things like LinkedIn. Given his profession, I doubt he'd want his reputation damaged by running a scam for a Ruben flag fundraiser.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2024 12:33

Nice idea, not one for me, but fair play skipper.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Mar 2024 16:03

RoyalBlue
NathStPaul This has scam written all over it. Don't trust people with your money if you don't know them.

More seriously, the guy has put his name to the fundraiser and, assuming he hasn't stolen Kieran Moore's identity can easily be found on things like LinkedIn. Given his profession, I doubt he'd want his reputation damaged by running a scam for a Ruben flag fundraiser.

That's me! Technical Manager at Komedia in Bath. If anyone is ever in Bath and wants a Comedy show, drop me a line ;-)

True story, last night I was with Reginald D Hunter. Mid-show he asked for some house light, which he didn't pre-warn me. In my haste to get the house lights on a low light, I crushed my testicals on the booth chair. Anyway, after about a minute of him waiting (which is a looooooooong time when the audience are waiting!), he finally got his house lights, and I breathed through the pain.

After the show I apologise profusely and share the story. He says, "I once got pulled over in New Orleans for speeding, when the officer asked what the hurry was, I replied "I NEED A SHIT!" and they let him go.

My job is literally a whale of a time. I love it.

Oh, I'm also an events organiser under the name Sheer Music. Hence the phrase "if you want something done, ask a busy person".

This was a piece of cake, and was relatively easy.

**UPDATE** Club have replied. No abusive language (they thought it was an anti Dai flag...) and it needs to be fire retardant. >obviously<

So, so far.... so good.

I need to ask STAR or someone if they want it afterwards. Or if it can be re-used.... as I don't want to keep it! It's not mine, but the fans/clubs.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Mar 2024 16:05

RoyalBlue

Also, I blocked that douche, Nath. Every opportunity they get, they embarrass themselves.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2024 16:13

Unable to put any money towards it, but I’d recommend doing this if and when we’re safe. Similar to what we did for Gomes a few years ago.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Mar 2024 16:37

skipper Hi gang,

Some fans on Facebook suggested getting a giant Ruben flag made, so show some respect to the man for what he has achieved this season.

They're remarkably cheap, so I've put together a fundraiser, link below.

Please consider chucking a £5er in.

Aim to release at the Lincoln home game.... if not before.

I haven't contacted the club yet, but I will....

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/ruben-selles-barmy-army-flag

Tbf, it’s a decent idea so I made a small donation. I just hope we get the chance to display it during one or two of our home games.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2024 17:01

Hendo Unable to put any money towards it, but I’d recommend doing this if and when we’re safe. Similar to what we did for Gomes a few years ago.

I guess he'll have to reach out to the two-faced merchant bankers at the EFL then to ask them whether we will ever be safe or whether they'll just hit us with some more deductions everytime we look like we're heading to safety.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2024 17:04

skipper
RoyalBlue

That's me! Technical Manager at Komedia in Bath. If anyone is ever in Bath and wants a Comedy show, drop me a line ;-)

True story, last night I was with Reginald D Hunter. Mid-show he asked for some house light, which he didn't pre-warn me. In my haste to get the house lights on a low light, I crushed my testicals on the booth chair. Anyway, after about a minute of him waiting (which is a looooooooong time when the audience are waiting!), he finally got his house lights, and I breathed through the pain.

After the show I apologise profusely and share the story. He says, "I once got pulled over in New Orleans for speeding, when the officer asked what the hurry was, I replied "I NEED A SHIT!" and they let him go.

Oh, I'm also an events organiser under the name Sheer Music. Hence the phrase "if you want something done, ask a busy person".

**UPDATE** Club have replied. No abusive language (they thought it was an anti Dai flag...) and it needs to be fire retardant. >obviously<

So, so far.... so good.

I need to ask STAR or someone if they want it afterwards. Or if it can be re-used.... as I don't want to keep it! It's not mine, but the fans/clubs.

You might want to check the spelling (you've got two versions on the Crowdfunder page) before you place the order! :wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2024 17:45

RoyalBlue
Hendo Unable to put any money towards it, but I’d recommend doing this if and when we’re safe. Similar to what we did for Gomes a few years ago.

I guess he'll have to reach out to the two-faced merchant bankers at the EFL then to ask them whether we will ever be safe or whether they'll just hit us with some more deductions everytime we look like we're heading to safety.

Not to de-rail another thread with this... but why are the EFL two-faced? Still waiting for a real good argument as to why they're the big bad...

But anyway, back to the flag - good luck with it!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2024 18:09

RoyalBlue

Maybe if we stopped breaking the rules the penalties would stop RB, I know that's groundbreaking thinking in some parts admittedly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2024 18:54

Hendo
RoyalBlue

Not to de-rail another thread with this... but why are the EFL two-faced? Still waiting for a real good argument as to why they're the big bad...

But anyway, back to the flag - good luck with it!

Have you not read a previous STAR report on a meeting with the EFL where Rick Parry went on about not wanting to punish the wrong people i.e. players, supporters and club employees and also stated that it was pointless fining Dai Yongge?

Just weeks later he and his mates were pushing for the independent commission to hit us with a further four point deduction and at the same time had Dai fined another £100K. Seems very two-faced to me.

Also, why did the EFL take so long to engage with STAR? Seems to me that they only did so once they started to get a bad press and that they only met with them at that point so that they could highlight how they were the good guys engaging with the supporters!

Finally, Rick Parry was highly instrumental in creating the boom and bust culture within football that he now bemoans. It was he who helped establish the EPL and negotiated the initial TV deals with Sky, which left club owners highly incentivised to spend big bucks in an attempt to get to/remain in the EPL. It is his creation that is now starting to undermine and destroy the lower levels of the football pyramid.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2024 18:59

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

Maybe if we stopped breaking the rules the penalties would stop RB, I know that's groundbreaking thinking in some parts admittedly.

And some appear to be struggling to grasp the concept that penalising the wrong people does absolutely sweet FA to stop rogue owners like Dai who were let in by the very people now dishing out the punishments. What rules did the supporters, manager, players and virtually all of the employees (with exception of the directors and possibly Financial Controller) break? Yet it is they, not the rule breakers who being punished.

It seems to me that if, God forbid, our club ceases to exist, some of our own fanbase will still assert that the EFL were blameless and did a good job!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Mar 2024 19:55

RoyalBlue
skipper
RoyalBlue

So, so far.... so good.

You might want to check the spelling (you've got two versions on the Crowdfunder page) before you place the order! :wink:

Promise that I will.

I often blame fat fingers, but on that occasion it was on a laptop.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Mar 2024 12:10

25% of the way to the 2 grand target.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 05 Mar 2024 12:29

windermereROYAL 25% of the way to the 2 grand target.

Thanks for the update, I wasn't keeping track! Not bad for the first day ;-)

I'll get onnto BBC Berkshire, see if they will mention it on the old wireless.

If nothing else, during the commentary of the next game!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Mar 2024 13:14

skipper
windermereROYAL 25% of the way to the 2 grand target.

Thanks for the update, I wasn't keeping track! Not bad for the first day ;-)

I'll get onnto BBC Berkshire, see if they will mention it on the old wireless.

If nothing else, during the commentary of the next game!

Great idea, great post, excellent update. Well done Skipper. I will donate.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Mar 2024 13:24

Of course you will............ :roll:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Mar 2024 23:17

skipper That's me! Technical Manager at Komedia in Bath. If anyone is ever in Bath and wants a Comedy show, drop me a line ;-)

Probably not as good a story as your Reginald D Hunter one but ...

I was speaking with my son earlier on this evening and as he goes to Bath University and likes live comedy I happened to mention that the Technical Manager of Komedia in Bath happens to post on Hobnob.

To my surprise he came back with "I'm performing there on Tuesday"!

I wondered if he'd suddenly taken up a sideline in stand-up but no, there's a university Jazz Night on and he'll be one of the trombonists performing.

107 posts