MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a)

203 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a)

by Hound » 13 Mar 2024 12:43

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal
Armadillo Roadkill The referee saw a coming together. So he gave it. What he couldnt see is the handball. So he can't give a handball if he didnt see it a handball. Pereira might feel hard done by, but a better lesson to draw from this is, dont rush out and give referees decisions to make.

If he sees a coming together, he has to be sure Pereira got there second. He got there first, so not a penalty, irrespective of Gayle's handball.

He doesn’t have to get there second, he has to unfairly impede Gayle, maybe through excessive or reckless force doing so.

indeed, getting the ball isnt enough any more. Seems some people watch MOTD and various highlights but dont take in what they are being told.

Interpretations of rules change but many people's comprehension of this lags 5 or more years behind.[/quote]

If Pereira gets there first then it’s not a foul. Simple as. He isn’t coming in dangerously, he’s approaching the ball in the same way Gayle is, neither have possession. There was no excessive force etc

It’s ok to say the ref made a bad decision. He did. He was conned but he made a bad call. It happens; it doesn’t mean he is corrupt, cheating whatever - he just made a bad call

Again I’d like to hear what he thought actually happened as I can’t see how he can make a pen call from that

I also think it’s slightly ridiculous to be blaming a keeper for getting the ball punched out of his hands as he claims a through ball. He actually judged it perfectly and would have been excellent keeping without the cheating

Anyway pretty sure you’re just on the wind up now anyway so will say no more on it

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Mar 2024 13:07

WestYorksRoyal Maybe refereeing is a good career. How many jobs can you be utterly shit in without any consequences?

nervous glances

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 13 Mar 2024 13:10

Something else I've noticed. Certain people on here will just go against the majority seemingly for the sake of it. Like they just love being or want to be controversial. Even Derby fans I know said it was a shocking ref and they felt they had to apologise for the poor decisions. So if Reading fans are saying the fault is with our players, not the ref/derby players they either ( a ) don't know football at all or ( b ) just really want some attention on this board for some reason.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 13 Mar 2024 13:21

Hound If Pereira gets there first then it’s not a foul. Simple as. He isn’t coming in dangerously, he’s approaching the ball in the same way Gayle is, neither have possession. There was no excessive force etc

It’s ok to say the ref made a bad decision. He did. He was conned but he made a bad call. It happens; it doesn’t mean he is corrupt, cheating whatever - he just made a bad call

Again I’d like to hear what he thought actually happened as I can’t see how he can make a pen call from that

I also think it’s slightly ridiculous to be blaming a keeper for getting the ball punched out of his hands as he claims a through ball. He actually judged it perfectly and would have been excellent keeping without the cheating

Anyway pretty sure you’re just on the wind up now anyway so will say no more on it

Why not? From his point of view he sees a player running towards goal, and a keeper come out. From his point of view keeper does not get the ball, the players come together. Foul. He can't see through Gayle's back. he is not side on like the camera.

I'm bemused by 90% of all football fans going straight to the ref is shit, when what happened was a Reading keeper made a risky decision, the opposition player cheated, but its the ref that gets the blame. Being a great professional footballer and being an ok one is as much about decision making than it is technical ability. If you make decisions that lead to penalties, you are partly to blame.

I've got no problem with people not wanting to dunk on a Reading player. But dunking on the ref and give the player a free pass i dont agree with.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Mar 2024 13:23

WestYorksRoyal Maybe refereeing is a good career. How many jobs can you be utterly shit in without any consequences?

Civil Service ?
Teaching ?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Mar 2024 13:25

Greatwesternline
Sutekh
RoyalBlue
JP had every chance of getting his hands on the ball and may well have done, if the two players then collide then how is that an offence. Is JP not allowed to run as quickly as Gayle. If Gayle handles the ball before any collision then that is the first offence and the point at which the ref should blow.

And while I can appreciate he might not quite have seen it, when you see his Bolton screw up you have to wonder and are certainly less likely to give him the benefit. Any proper views on his Yiadom foul up?

Player dived and conned the ref. They see things at full speed. Its a hard job. If he gives the foul it has to be a yellow.

Yiadom as an experienced player should know you only lunge in and go to ground if you are certain you will get the ball.

Have you actually seen the incident ?
Point to the bit where Yiadom goes to ground, please

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Mar 2024 14:20

BarryWhiteRFC Something else I've noticed. Certain people on here will just go against the majority seemingly for the sake of it. Like they just love being or want to be controversial. Even Derby fans I know said it was a shocking ref and they felt they had to apologise for the poor decisions. So if Reading fans are saying the fault is with our players, not the ref/derby players they either ( a ) don't know football at all or ( b ) just really want some attention on this board for some reason.

I have to say, I almost have a grudging admiration for those on here that are so wholeheartedly determined to be wrong, and vocal about it, in the face of overwhelming evidence to disprove them, from the laws of the game, and from both the cameras and eye-witness accounts.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2024 14:28

Greatwesternline
Hound If Pereira gets there first then it’s not a foul. Simple as. He isn’t coming in dangerously, he’s approaching the ball in the same way Gayle is, neither have possession. There was no excessive force etc

Why not? From his point of view he sees a player running towards goal, and a keeper come out. From his point of view keeper does not get the ball, the players come together. Foul. He can't see through Gayle's back. he is not side on like the camera.

I'm bemused by 90% of all football fans going straight to the ref is shit, when what happened was a Reading keeper made a risky decision, the opposition player cheated, but its the ref that gets the blame. Being a great professional footballer and being an ok one is as much about decision making than it is technical ability. If you make decisions that lead to penalties, you are partly to blame.

I've got no problem with people not wanting to dunk on a Reading player. But dunking on the ref and give the player a free pass i dont agree with.

Because of the angle of the ball after connection. How has Gayle got a legal touch on that to make the ball go in that direction without the keeper getting a big chunk of it (in which case isn’t a pen)?

In real time it looks like JP has punched the ball away even if you don’t see Gayles handball. I can’t see any scenario in which JP misses the ball and takes Gayle out

Hence why I’d be interested to know what the ref thought had happened. Obvs we’ll never know

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2024 16:34

Not sure this angle of the "foul" has been posted yet. Ouch.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Lipniski/statu ... 7613096394

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2024 16:40

Stranded Not sure this angle of the "foul" has been posted yet. Ouch.

He's right fucking there as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2024 16:43

I didn’t think there was contact on the first one.

The ref has to write that up as a complete disaster and recommend the yellow is rescinded surely.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2024 16:47

Yesterday was a game we expected to lose. What's more outrageous is that we'll miss Yiadom for 2 massive home games because you can't rescind a 2nd yellow. Will be a big miss.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Mar 2024 16:56

I can see now why GWL thinks Yids got what he deserved, standing there not even tackling the bloke

Fezza

by Fezza » 13 Mar 2024 17:12

I assume that the diving players will be punished retrospectively for simulation?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Mar 2024 17:13

Silver Fox

I can see now why GWL thinks Yids got what he deserved, standing there not even tackling the bloke

GWL stated that Yids ‘lunged in’ and ‘went to ground’
I think he should’ve gone to Specsavers

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 13 Mar 2024 17:30

That is truly terrible; the player should get a 3 match retrospective ban for clear simulation there!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2024 17:53

Mr Angry

That is truly terrible; the player should get a 3 match retrospective ban for clear simulation there!

Thing is, the decision is so bad I'm not convinced you can even penalise the Derby player for diving. Its not exactly a classic dive, he just gives up on the ball, because his first touch plays it straight to a defender, and goes to ground. He could argue there's no effort to deceive the ref and he can't be held accountable for the official's utter incompetence.

I assume the ref's defence will be Yiadom's challenge impeded him because he tried to avoid it and so couldn't stay on his feet and get a ball he otherwise would.

Which we all know is bollocks, but has just enough veneer of legitimacy for the refs to all fall in behind him and pretend they're all great.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Mar 2024 18:15

Unfortunately, we have to take bad referee decisions on the chin. I am expecting the sh*t to get sh*tter.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Mar 2024 19:09

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Ginger Is the crap ref leaning slightly our way tonight? That’s novel.

Bruh

Yeah…that turned a bit.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 13 Mar 2024 23:30

Sorry if you lot were robbed last night. We could have done with you getting summat out of Derby.

203 posts