If a buyer isn’t going to happen, would you rather?

In rhe event we can't fund a nee owner, what would you rather happen?

Poll ended at 25 Mar 2024 13:37
The club limp on next season under Dai, in L1 or 2, with more pounts deductions and financial woes.
67%
The club was liquidated and put out of its misery.
33%

Total votes: 36
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

If a buyer isn’t going to happen, would you rather?

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2024 13:37

Obviously what we all want is for a good owner to buy us, the team to stay up, and us to be looking at new dawn where we can recover and rebuild.

But let's assume for a second that isn't an option.

What would you rather?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: If a buyer isn’t going to happen, would you rather?

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Mar 2024 13:42

Limp on. Perhaps Dai has a stroke or gets arrested in China for corruption. Or the government finally implements a regulator who can save us. So long as we’re alive we have a chance of being the next Luton, even if we're on life support.

Whereas it would take a phoenix a dedace of hard work with a bit of luck thrown in to get back to even where we are now, let alone previous highs.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Mar 2024 13:47

Couldn`t possibly vote to stay as we are now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2024 13:47

WestYorksRoyal Limp on. Perhaps Dai has a stroke or gets arrested in China for corruption. Or the government finally implements a regulator who can save us. So long as we’re alive we have a chance of being the next Luton, even if we're on life support.

Whereas it would take a phoenix a dedace of hard work with a bit of luck thrown in to get back to even where we are now, let alone previous highs.

This is objectively the right answer, while you're going there's always hope no matter how slim.

I'm just not sure I can take it any longer. But I also can't just walk away while the club is on life support.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2024 13:53

I guess it's a bit like choosing between being murdered or tortured (and probably eventually murdered at some point in the future - but hoping the cops might still arrive to save you at some point.)

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Mar 2024 14:24

A oxf*rd tough question.

Sadly, I’d rather liquidation. The thought of limping on for another season or two is soul destroying. I will be finished with football for good and find something else to do.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Mar 2024 14:28

Being a casual observer who gets up for international tournaments doesn't sound bad. But I fear that the feeling of betrayal would make that impossible. Dai is a cnut, but the football authorities have collectively created a landscape where there is no escape for us and sit in front of parliament arguing everything is fine.

I will be watching Liverpool v City later, but ultimately they are 2 clubs who sit at the top of the pyramid structure that has betrayed us. Fcuk them both.

Esteban

by Esteban » 10 Mar 2024 16:13

Limp on, without a shadow of a doubt. Clubs are made of more than just stadiums and training grounds, grass and goalposts. As long as there are fans with breath left in their lungs, the club is relevant and still exists, regardless of whether that's 10,000 fans or just one.

oxf*rd giving Dai Yongge an easy way out, fight on and hold on to hope. Wild horses couldn't rip this club out of my heart and that crook definitely won't.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Mar 2024 18:21

A community-owned team.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Mar 2024 18:37

Realky had enough of it all, just want the idiot gone and something decided so we can all move on.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Mar 2024 21:24

Limp on and blindly hope for a miracle.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Mar 2024 22:20

If the limp on happens, it could take decades. What if we're a club who don't own the stadium or training ground and can't afford our academy? Brighton are a feelgood story now, but they were in the doldrums for about 20 years.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Mar 2024 06:21

Ian Royal

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 11 Mar 2024 08:51

WestYorksRoyal If the limp on happens, it could take decades. What if we're a club who don't own the stadium or training ground and can't afford our academy? Brighton are a feelgood story now, but they were in the doldrums for about 20 years.

Look at Oxford ... not owning their stadium has been a terrible situation for them for years.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Mar 2024 09:11

Really hard to imagine this town without a team, it`s been here all mine and every else`s life, Saturday afternoon, WTF do we do?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2024 09:25

Whilst I am done expecting a new owner and think we will be liquidated/chucked out the league before August - if it is somehow possible to limp on until someone can make the club stable, even outside the EFL then that has to be the hope.

A well managed club, even one bouncing around the lower leagues seems like a fantasy at the moment.

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 11 Mar 2024 09:33

Liquidate.

I can't deal with another season like this, especially as next year we wont even have this team.

If we do die, that's me done with football on all levels.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2024 10:32

blythspartan A oxf*rd tough question.

Sadly, I’d rather liquidation. The thought of limping on for another season or two is soul destroying. I will be finished with football for good and find something else to do.

I'm beginning to think that way too. I know it's damn stupid but after supporting the club for 50+ years, this ongoing miserable saga really is starting to depress me and ruin my day to day life. If it happens, I will ditch top level professional football in this country, switch to MLS (where, despite all its perceived faults, at least the playing field is a lot more level), and our local village semi-pro team.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Mar 2024 10:38

I won`t abandon football altogether, but it will be a hard initially that`s for sure, Saturday afternoon watching up to date scores with no Reading football club will seem surreal.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 11 Mar 2024 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Mar 2024 10:39

I cannot see that limping on beyond the end if this season is a likely outcome.

The owner for whatever reason is clearly not spending any more money on the club and so if he does not sell before next season it is very unlikely we will be allowed to start the season in either L1 or L2 as we would be unsustainable. The next few months are make or break for the club and I am not optimistic at this stage.

Selling Bearwood might prolong the agony for a few more months but makes the club even less attractive to a new buyer and even more likely to be liquidated and so that would seem a counterproductive option. But as the owner seems to have zero business acumen who knows what he might do.