Wycombe will be culpable.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Wycombe will be culpable.

by Greatwesternline » 15 Mar 2024 11:47

WestYorksRoyal
Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal I don't know about the history of Cork City, but a quick glance on Wikipedia says they upgraded their stadium in 2006 which suggests they were hardly at death's door.

Correct you dont know about the history of Cork City. Wind your google search forward to 2008

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 92914.html

I'll help you.

So that was after the original signing? So when we originally bought out the clause, they weren't in trouble? Presumably Doyle asked for it hoping that a club in England may trigger it? And if they needed the sell on cash in 2008, us buying it out may have helped given we didn't sell him until 2009.

I thought all our player sales in January were fair game. But buying a training ground which is too big for your club to support a leech of an owner asset stripping and tanking a potential takeover the club desperately needs is a completely different ball game.

It is a different ball game i agree. But i was just providing some colour to a comment thread about the extent to which clubs swooping in for other distressed clubs assets makes them culpable.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 11:49

Royal_jimmy
Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal I don't know about the history of Cork City, but a quick glance on Wikipedia says they upgraded their stadium in 2006 which suggests they were hardly at death's door.

Correct you dont know about the history of Cork City. Wind your google search forward to 2008

I'll help you.

Players leave and come. It was sad to see us sell players and yes clubs took advantage in the Jan window. But saying a stadium or training ground sale to a league rival is a different matter entirely. So it's ridiculous to compare this to us taking advantage of Cork's situation.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd feel genuinely uncomfortable seeing the club do this. It's morally wrong especially when we know not a penny will go to the club but into Dai's pocket. We'll be in the same financial position as now but with no stadium or training ground. Just a brand name with a few players and employees.

I think it's the money going into Dai's pocket that sticks. If this was brokered by an administrator with the remit of trying to save the club, it would be a very different matter. But this will do next to nothing to save us, and Wycombe are trying to use a fig leaf to make themselves look like the good guys. Their fans and local journos seem to be buying it too. Guess they don't have the experience of being lied to for 7 years.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2024 11:52

Mid Sussex Royal We trained in Prospect Park well into the 1980's

Other than runs, I don't think that is quite correct. They used to train next to my school in Sonning Lane. I know because I kept getting told off for looking out of the window and not paying attention in lessons!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 12:00

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8750/sug ... ur-club/p2

Looks like their fans are as divided on this issue as we are. Some certainly supportive and very uncomfortable. But some seem to think we deserve it because we played in the Premier League once.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Mar 2024 12:06

WestYorksRoyal
Royal_jimmy
Greatwesternline

I'll help you.

Players leave and come. It was sad to see us sell players and yes clubs took advantage in the Jan window. But saying a stadium or training ground sale to a league rival is a different matter entirely. So it's ridiculous to compare this to us taking advantage of Cork's situation.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd feel genuinely uncomfortable seeing the club do this. It's morally wrong especially when we know not a penny will go to the club but into Dai's pocket. We'll be in the same financial position as now but with no stadium or training ground. Just a brand name with a few players and employees.

I think it's the money going into Dai's pocket that sticks. If this was brokered by an administrator with the remit of trying to save the club, it would be a very different matter. But this will do next to nothing to save us, and Wycombe are trying to use a fig leaf to make themselves look like the good guys. Their fans and local journos seem to be buying it too. Guess they don't have the experience of being lied to for 7 years.

It's possible it does save the club till the end of the season. I think its important to note that in the absence of cash from somewhere, RFC go out of business this month because we dont have any cash and players and HMRC need to get paid.

The RFC we all know and love essentially collapsed this month, it died. In the absence of any external funding. This sale does probably keep the club alive till end of season, at which point there are 3-4 months to find a new buyer for the club.

There were a few options this month:

A) Dai puts more money in this month to save us - Not happening
B) Dai sells clubs and new owner keeps club alive - could have happened but sounds like timings were too tight and no one wanted to commit
C) Sells anything worth money to save us temporarily - Happening
D) Club defaults on wages and Tax this month - club dissolves
E) club defaults on wages and tax but players keep on playing for free for 10 more games. Maybe that was a scenario, who knows. But who would be paying stewards and police?

I have quite an optimistic outlook and I'm trying to say to myself, we couldnt get A or B, so C is better to have happened than D. And then hope in the Summer something turns up.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 12:15

I don't know what it means for the club if it falls through. You don't get liquidated immediately after 1 default. It would mean the 2 points deducted, potentially administration and relegation. But all these options are better than losing Bearwood, it's great news if it forces Dai to sell the club as a package. Plus we'd all enjoy the massive fcuk you to Pang and Dai. We should absolutely be trying to fight this even if it's futile.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Mar 2024 12:17

WestYorksRoyal I don't know what it means for the club if it falls through. You don't get liquidated immediately after 1 default. It would mean the 2 points deducted, potentially administration and relegation. But all these options are better than losing Bearwood, it's great news if it forces Dai to sell the club as a package. Plus we'd all enjoy the massive fcuk you to Pang and Dai. We should absolutely be trying to fight this even if it's futile.

You dont get liquidated after 1 default, but you dont know how many players keep playing after not getting paid, and you dont know how quickly HMRC pulls the plug if it can see an asset strip happening in broad daylight.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2024 12:26

Based on what Lewis Wing's partners been saying on Twitter, it does look like the worst is near. Even if the players were paid late/not at all again it gives me a sense they'll keep at it until the end of the season.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2024 12:56

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli I don’t care what they say, if WW take advantage of this asset stripping operation they will be as guilty of anything that happens to Reading FC later on as DY is.

Disgusting of them to deconstruct Reading FC for their own benefit.

Build your own f/cking training ground you chair making c/nts.

Stop trolling the cretins St P.

+1

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2024 12:56

Needle If these pcunts kill our club I be on their pitch first game of next season. I could take a banning order.

And then again whenever it's served.

And then again.

Reading 'til I die

Lol

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Mar 2024 12:57

I always thought we'd be too big to go under but I'm now starting to think we have too much baggage and no prospective owner wants to take that on with the sale of the training ground making us even more unattractive.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2024 12:59

genome

:lol:

Murder ffs

Quick let's get Agatha Christie on the case to solve the crime :lol:

Pathetic wet wipes

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 15 Mar 2024 13:16

Greatwesternline When Reading bought Kevin Doyle for £60k, and then bought out the remaining clauses in the contract from Cork for a pittance when they were about to go out of business, and it was obvious to everyone that he was worth multiple millions, were we culpable?

Yes i suppose. But we still did it.

No that is a completely different situation.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 15 Mar 2024 13:21

Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal
Royal_jimmy

It's possible it does save the club till the end of the season. I think its important to note that in the absence of cash from somewhere, RFC go out of business this month because we dont have any cash and players and HMRC need to get paid.

The RFC we all know and love essentially collapsed this month, it died. In the absence of any external funding. This sale does probably keep the club alive till end of season, at which point there are 3-4 months to find a new buyer for the club.

There were a few options this month:

A) Dai puts more money in this month to save us - Not happening
B) Dai sells clubs and new owner keeps club alive - could have happened but sounds like timings were too tight and no one wanted to commit
C) Sells anything worth money to save us temporarily - Happening
D) Club defaults on wages and Tax this month - club dissolves
E) club defaults on wages and tax but players keep on playing for free for 10 more games. Maybe that was a scenario, who knows. But who would be paying stewards and police?

I have quite an optimistic outlook and I'm trying to say to myself, we couldnt get A or B, so C is better to have happened than D. And then hope in the Summer something turns up.

We don’t need stewards or police. Let fans sort it out themselves.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 15 Mar 2024 13:23

Needle If these pcunts kill our club I be on their pitch first game of next season. I could take a banning order.

And then again.

Reading 'til I die

That’s the spirit Needle!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:33

Loafer

And then again.

Reading 'til I die

Lol

LOL

corrected for you

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:35

We’ve waited months and months for any news of a sale of the club nothing has happened and clearly that’s what dai wants sellling bearwood will put off anyone interested or at best set back the sale back so it’s pretty clear where we are headed

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2024 13:47

tidus_mi2 I always thought we'd be too big to go under but I'm now starting to think we have too much baggage and no prospective owner wants to take that on with the sale of the training ground making us even more unattractive.

No business is ever too big to go under. The football club that Sir John built brick by brick is a shell. No assets left to speak of. Other than heritage.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2024 13:51

SouthDownsRoyal We’ve waited months and months for any news of a sale of the club nothing has happened and clearly that’s what dai wants sellling bearwood will put off anyone interested or at best set back the sale back so it’s pretty clear where we are headed

The club is rapidly heading towards a financial cliff edge. Firesale of assets to survive is all that's left. Vultures bide their time. No one ever pays more than they need to. Dai has had no influence or control over this game for a very long time.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2024 14:02

SouthDownsRoyal
Loafer

And then again.

Reading 'til I die

Lol

LOL

corrected for you

thanks

The pathetic nature and whining of our fans never ceasars to amaze me