Wycombe will be culpable.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Wycombe will be culpable.

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2024 15:00

I don’t care what they say, if WW take advantage of this asset stripping operation they will be as guilty of anything that happens to Reading FC later on as DY is.

Disgusting of them to deconstruct Reading FC for their own benefit.

Build your own f/cking training ground you chair making c/nts.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wycombe will be culpable.

by Reading4eva » 14 Mar 2024 16:40

St Pauli I don’t care what they say, if WW take advantage of this asset stripping operation they will be as guilty of anything that happens to Reading FC later on as DY is.

I wish they got relegated instead of even Bristol Rovers now. They wouldn't have come back out of non league.

Now at some point in the future I hope history repeats itself and they are sunk into Non League, stuck playing Dorking, Fylde and whoever else.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 14 Mar 2024 16:58

They’re a business. They’ll be getting an excellent training ground, I assume on the cheap because of our desperation. They owe us nothing. Our club has been absolutely shafted by a series of utter tossers, if Wycombe can take advantage of that to give themselves a competitive advantage, good luck to them. I’ll be disappointed in the impact on our club, but will hold no animosity toward them or their fans as a result.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 17:05

St Pauli I don’t care what they say, if WW take advantage of this asset stripping operation they will be as guilty of anything that happens to Reading FC later on as DY is.

Stop trolling the cretins St P.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 17:31

Sebastian the Red They’re a business. They’ll be getting an excellent training ground, I assume on the cheap because of our desperation. They owe us nothing. Our club has been absolutely shafted by a series of utter tossers, if Wycombe can take advantage of that to give themselves a competitive advantage, good luck to them. I’ll be disappointed in the impact on our club, but will hold no animosity toward them or their fans as a result.

So long as attitudes like this exist, there will be more clubs in our situation. Clubs are valuable assets in the community and cannot simply be a business, and therefore we should hold owners to a different standard.

And the evidence is that they're not businesses in the traditional sense. What are the collective losses across the PL, EFL and NL? Eye watering amounts. If they were genuinely run as businesses we would also not be in this situation. They are vanity projects for the super rich, and all but 6 or 7 are just one bad sale away from being in our position. As one user on Twitter put it, we drew a short straw and there's a box of more straws waiting to be drawn.

Maybe the Wycombe owner thinks he's made a good deal, but as a club they're as vulnerable as the rest of the EFL. I expect many of their fans are sitting uncomfortably at this.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Mar 2024 17:41

Where exactly do they think Reading are going to training after it's sold? There's clearly no plan at present. Other than renting our facilities back off them all the alternatives are pretty dire for a professional team.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2024 17:46

We trained in Prospect Park well into the 1980's

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Mar 2024 17:55

Mid Sussex Royal We trained in Prospect Park well into the 1980's

Football was a different game then than it is now, with Sports Science, nutrition, better levels of fitness, and better tactics. Trying to do that on a park pitch is a big ask.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 18:16

Guessing they’ll hire Bisham, Wycombes current facilities or some of Bearwood

No local club have the facilities. Just for example they looked at sonning again with all its pitches and new 4G - would not only cost them a fortune but also kill off a load of grassroots team at the same time

under the tin

by under the tin » 14 Mar 2024 19:20

PieEater
Mid Sussex Royal We trained in Prospect Park well into the 1980's

Football was a different game then than it is now, with Sports Science, nutrition, better levels of fitness, and better tactics. Trying to do that on a park pitch is a big ask.

With respect, you're talking about Reading as if we were still a top end Champ club.
The reality is that even if we were to survive this season, next season we could well be facing Barrow (no disrespect intended) in the same division.
I sincerely doubt that our peers in the league (with very, very few exceptions) will have sports scientists, nutritionists, deluxe training facilities, a plethora of coaches, directors of football, etc etc etc.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 14 Mar 2024 19:43

WestYorksRoyal
Sebastian the Red They’re a business. They’ll be getting an excellent training ground, I assume on the cheap because of our desperation. They owe us nothing. Our club has been absolutely shafted by a series of utter tossers, if Wycombe can take advantage of that to give themselves a competitive advantage, good luck to them. I’ll be disappointed in the impact on our club, but will hold no animosity toward them or their fans as a result.

So long as attitudes like this exist, there will be more clubs in our situation. Clubs are valuable assets in the community and cannot simply be a business, and therefore we should hold owners to a different standard.

And the evidence is that they're not businesses in the traditional sense. What are the collective losses across the PL, EFL and NL? Eye watering amounts. If they were genuinely run as businesses we would also not be in this situation. They are vanity projects for the super rich, and all but 6 or 7 are just one bad sale away from being in our position. As one user on Twitter put it, we drew a short straw and there's a box of more straws waiting to be drawn.

Maybe the Wycombe owner thinks he's made a good deal, but as a club they're as vulnerable as the rest of the EFL. I expect many of their fans are sitting uncomfortably at this.

Yeah, I agree, there are definitely too many professional clubs for the English football structure to remain sustainable in the modern world.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2024 19:50

As posted above, anyone getting into football as a business, is a f/cking shit businessman.

It’s a sport maintained by philanthropists operating at a loss, who at best can hope to get close to breaking even and not lose too much money.

As such clubs and fans are completely at the mercy of whatever or whoever decides to buy them, as one philanthropist after another tries to get out of the massively expensive hobby they’ve landed themselves with, and sells to anyone who can say the right thing to the right authority for the 15 minutes of the ‘fit and proper persons’ test.

As such, if you happen to be a club that is not run and owned by complete c/nts, it’s not beyond the realms of expectation for other fans of other clubs to expect you not to behave like a complete c/nt. And if you behave like a c/nt, it’s fully within other people’s rights to think of you as being a c/nt, and declare you publicly, a c/nt.

traff

by traff » 14 Mar 2024 19:57

PieEater Where exactly do they think Reading are going to training after it's sold? There's clearly no plan at present. Other than renting our facilities back off them all the alternatives are pretty dire for a professional team.

Think you have answered your own question. They neither think nor care where Reading will train as they neither think nor care if weexist beyond next week,

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Mar 2024 20:52

PieEater Where exactly do they think Reading are going to training after it's sold? There's clearly no plan at present. Other than renting our facilities back off them all the alternatives are pretty dire for a professional team.

Unless of course Wycombe's sugar daddy is thinking about a club merger. After all the distance between clubs is nothing to Americans and buying the training ground is a good way of getting your foot in the door....
The Royal Wanderers......

I am joking of course.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 14 Mar 2024 21:40

Well, might Wycombe also be interested in buying a decent local-ish stadium close to a major motorway at a bargain price too? Adams Park is small capacity and difficult to access and so is limiting for a club with ambitions to rise up the leagues. Maybe the phoenix club can pick both the stadium and training ground back up for a song when their overseas billionaire loses interest in a few years time?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Mar 2024 22:48

dontbedaft Well, might Wycombe also be interested in buying a decent local-ish stadium close to a major motorway at a bargain price too? Adams Park is small capacity and difficult to access and so is limiting for a club with ambitions to rise up the leagues. Maybe the phoenix club can pick both the stadium and training ground back up for a song when their overseas billionaire loses interest in a few years time?

Come to think of it, their name and logo aren't exactly great either.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 23:15

Ascotexgunner

Unless of course Wycombe's sugar daddy is thinking about a club merger. After all the distance between clubs is nothing to Americans and buying the training ground is a good way of getting your foot in the door....
The Royal Wanderers......

I am joking of course.

Wycombe Royals

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 23:15

dontbedaft Well, might Wycombe also be interested in buying a decent local-ish stadium close to a major motorway at a bargain price too? Adams Park is small capacity and difficult to access and so is limiting for a club with ambitions to rise up the leagues. Maybe the phoenix club can pick both the stadium and training ground back up for a song when their overseas billionaire loses interest in a few years time?

Don’t be daft

Needle

by Needle » 14 Mar 2024 23:19

If these pcunts kill our club I be on their pitch first game of next season. I could take a banning order.

And then again whenever it's served.

And then again.

Reading 'til I die

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Mar 2024 23:33

Dare I say it, these thunderc*nts from Buckinghamshire have gone straight in at Number 1 in the hatred chart.

In a playoff final between Wycombe and Oxford, dare I say it I'd be hoping for Oxford to win. In fact I'd want Pox to thrash W*nkcumbe W*ankerers