Should Hobnob contribute to the Club, or one of the supporter groups like SBWD?

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Should Hobnob contribute to the Club, or one of the supporter groups like SBWD?

by St Pauli » 19 Mar 2024 09:48

Given the turmoil surrounding the club, there have been few winners and much suffering.

But one individual has gained from all this. Hobnob.

The increased traffic through the board as a result of Reading fan distress has no doubt swelled the coffers at Hobnob Towers.

I feel quite some unease at Hobnob profiting from our hardship.

The question is, should the appropriate donation go to the club directly of one of the supporters groups such as SBWD?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Should Hobnob contribute to the Club, or one of the supporter groups like SBWD?

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 10:02

Why is there no poll?

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Should Hobnob contribute to the Club, or one of the supporter groups like SBWD?

by jd82 » 19 Mar 2024 10:03

Maybe Graham is head of the takeover consortium :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Mar 2024 10:13

HobNob to buy RFC, Ian in as chairman, DoF and manager

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 19 Mar 2024 10:28

Sutekh HobNob to buy RFC, Ian in as chairman, DoF and manager

Sutekh head of matchday marketing.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 19 Mar 2024 10:33

SouthDownsRoyal Why is there no poll?

Good point might try and add one later

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 10:50

St Pauli
SouthDownsRoyal Why is there no poll?

Good point might try and add one later

TB is open to all so essentially the whole world can view it so a poll to gauge opinion would be of use.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Mar 2024 10:58

How do we know that he doesn't already?

hobnob
Site Admin

by hobnob » 19 Mar 2024 10:59

A very fair point! I'll have to check the numbers! Back in the day this used to run at a loss and I'd have to put my own money in to pay for what was (back then) obscene bandwidth. That was when I had to put in restrictions on images and avatar sizes to restrict what I was paying out. Thankfully bandwidth is much cheaper nowdays, and the site no longer runs at a loss. We have previously donated directly into Reading Football Club and also to the Reading FC Community Trust. Personally I would like to contribute more to the community trust, which is a registered charity, where I suspect there is less money as the club are unable to help as they have in the past. With (hopefully) the imminent sale of the club, something like the community trust could directly benefit from even small donations. Hopefully everyone is happy with that suggestion.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Mar 2024 11:00

hi hobnob

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 19 Mar 2024 11:18

hobnob A very fair point! I'll have to check the numbers! Back in the day this used to run at a loss and I'd have to put my own money in to pay for what was (back then) obscene bandwidth. That was when I had to put in restrictions on images and avatar sizes to restrict what I was paying out. Thankfully bandwidth is much cheaper nowdays, and the site no longer runs at a loss. We have previously donated directly into Reading Football Club and also to the Reading FC Community Trust. Personally I would like to contribute more to the community trust, which is a registered charity, where I suspect there is less money as the club are unable to help as they have in the past. With (hopefully) the imminent sale of the club, something like the community trust could directly benefit from even small donations. Hopefully everyone is happy with that suggestion.

Sounds like an admirable suggestion

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 11:19

hobnob A very fair point! I'll have to check the numbers! Back in the day this used to run at a loss and I'd have to put my own money in to pay for what was (back then) obscene bandwidth. That was when I had to put in restrictions on images and avatar sizes to restrict what I was paying out. Thankfully bandwidth is much cheaper nowdays, and the site no longer runs at a loss. We have previously donated directly into Reading Football Club and also to the Reading FC Community Trust. Personally I would like to contribute more to the community trust, which is a registered charity, where I suspect there is less money as the club are unable to help as they have in the past. With (hopefully) the imminent sale of the club, something like the community trust could directly benefit from even small donations. Hopefully everyone is happy with that suggestion.

8)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Mar 2024 11:45

Maybe we can also have a collection and make a donation from Hobnob Users?.... unless it's a really crap amount, in which case we can donate it on the quiet.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 19 Mar 2024 12:03

Thanks.

Now, to our next demand, when can we have new mods on AE?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Mar 2024 15:06

Sutekh HobNob to buy RFC, Ian in as chairman, DoF and manager

and first on the team-sheet

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Mar 2024 18:28

I don't actually think it was a fair point (suspect it was entirely facetious) - but if you do feel like you want to donate then I'd agree that the Community Trust makes the most sense.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Mar 2024 19:03

Hobnob could sponsor a player for £1k and IR could write the hand delivered letter.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 19 Mar 2024 22:53

@hobnob

Here is an idea

Why don't you arrange a meat up day of us users at a park or something

£5 chip in for a bbq and a football game and drink up

I'll be there for sure!!!!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 00:22

Why should fans have to bankroll a club owned by a millionaire?

Shambles

Just sell up @dai

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1