Have your go at being ITK

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Have your go at being ITK

by morganb » 22 Mar 2024 18:29

As we all know there were a flurry of ITKs (In The Knows) last week on Twitter/X

As we have seen, none of them proved to be correct but it looked like jolly good fun so why don't you have a go?

Can you predict/guess what is going to happen with the takeover next week/next month?

We can revisit this thread to see who, if anyone, was right.

This should separate the ITKs from the ANIs (Absolutely No Ideas)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Have your go at being ITK

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2024 18:33

Piece of piss. Lots of noise, no concrete progress.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Mar 2024 18:41

No exclusivity announcement and the season will end with confirmation that takeover talks have collapsed. Whether we can start the 2024/25 season will become a hot topic on HNA.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 22 Mar 2024 18:53

All the buyers pull out of talks, At the end of the season Dai says he can't afford to keep us afloat any longer and liquidates the club. HNA goes into meltdown and an attempt to form a Phoenix Club does not rise from the ashes.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Mar 2024 19:18

The 2 most important things with ITKing are:

1. be a bit vague so as to try and claim something fairly unrelated announced in the future is exactly what you were talking about

2. Give yourself a small get out that you can point back to in case your guesswork is proven to be wildly out

Example:

'I am hearing from sources within the potential takeover group that things are really moving forward with talks now. They are trying to push this through quickly, but the efl and Dai will likely make it take longer. Reasons to be positive now for RFC fans, though we've been here before and we all know what Dai has been like pulling these things once talks have started'

There you go. Some classic ITK 101. Something might happen, but something also might not, and it might be quick but it might be slow. All bases covered. Whatever happens in the future I will make sure I quote myself back here and remind you all that I was ITK

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Mar 2024 19:52

Winston Biscuit The 2 most important things with ITKing are:

1. be a bit vague so as to try and claim something fairly unrelated announced in the future is exactly what you were talking about

2. Give yourself a small get out that you can point back to in case your guesswork is proven to be wildly out

Example:

'I am hearing from sources within the potential takeover group that things are really moving forward with talks now. They are trying to push this through quickly, but the efl and Dai will likely make it take longer. Reasons to be positive now for RFC fans, though we've been here before and we all know what Dai has been like pulling these things once talks have started'

There you go. Some classic ITK 101. Something might happen, but something also might not, and it might be quick but it might be slow. All bases covered. Whatever happens in the future I will make sure I quote myself back here and remind you all that I was ITK

That ChatGPT is made for this

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Mar 2024 20:06

Winston Biscuit The 2 most important things with ITKing are:

Example:

This is key. If you fly kites and fail you can blame sources or other people, if you throw enough mud and some sticks yiu can claim credit

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Mar 2024 21:56

I have some predictions for next week:

- People might think there will be news on Monday, but no.
- On Tuesday, the sun will rise and set.
- THere will be a Wednesday as scheduled.
- Sources indicate Thursday
- There will be no Friday due to the Bank Holiday

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Mar 2024 23:04

SCIAG I have some predictions for next week:

- People might think there will be news on Monday, but no.
- On Tuesday, the sun will rise and set.
- THere will be a Wednesday as scheduled.
- Sources indicate Thursday
- There will be no Friday due to the Bank Holiday

Agree with this.

With the club / Howe putting out comms saying this is a long process, progress is being made blah blah blah

The owner has no interest in selling, end of :cry:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Mar 2024 00:01

The Royal Forester All the buyers pull out of talks, At the end of the season Dai says he can't afford to keep us afloat any longer and liquidates the club.

To liqudate the club he'll need to find buyers for the assets. :roll:

Wycombe pay £15 million as the only bidders for the training complex. Offer Reading fans a free season ticket for 24/25 to Adams Park as a thank you. :shock:

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 23 Mar 2024 09:01

Lower West
The Royal Forester All the buyers pull out of talks, At the end of the season Dai says he can't afford to keep us afloat any longer and liquidates the club.

To liqudate the club he'll need to find buyers for the assets. :roll:

Wycombe pay £15 million as the only bidders for the training complex. Offer Reading fans a free season ticket for 24/25 to Adams Park as a thank you. :shock:

Can you imagine the scenes at Adams Park on the day of the opening fixture? Pitch invasion would be the least of the headlines!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Mar 2024 09:11

I don't put rumours up.

On Mondya I had a sensible friend who is connected with a bunch of players and staff tell me he got a message from someone (I didnt ask who) that there's going to be an official announcement within 48hours about exclusivity/takeover. I considered putting it up but there's too much of this crap going on at the moment so I thought better of it thankfully.

When we finally get a takeover though in a few months time I reserve the right to signpost people to the above and claim I was in the know all along.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Mar 2024 10:11

I'd guess only a handful of ITKs are making things up. Most will know somebody and will have heard something. But even in a normal M&A situation things move quickly and you risk being made to look a fool, let alone when Dai is involved. Earnshaw is viewed as reputable but his 24 - 48 hours has proven to be wrong too.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Mar 2024 10:23

I still think those rumours were deliberately put out by the club to stop and fan protest at the last game, following the scandalous sale of the training ground.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Mar 2024 10:26

My ITK attempt.

All bidders back off after getting pissed off by Dai and wait for our liquidation. When Dai can't pay the bills next month we get liquidated and call in the administrators. They sell to one of the consortiums for half what they offered Dai, but we are relegated following the points deduction for administration.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 23 Mar 2024 13:42

According to my sources, we don't need to worry about a thing because every little thing is going to be alright.

Exclusivity will be announced in the near future and apparently the new owners are rich and from somewhere overseas. All our financial worries will be over and we will be able to issue new long term contracts to the players.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Mar 2024 14:00

morganb According to my sources, we don't need to worry about a thing because every little thing is going to be alright.

Exclusivity will be announced in the near future and apparently the new owners are rich and from somewhere overseas. All our financial worries will be over and we will be able to issue new long term contracts to the players.

According to mine, he told me don’t worry, be happy

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 23 Mar 2024 14:02

Franchise FC
morganb According to my sources, we don't need to worry about a thing because every little thing is going to be alright.

Did you hear it through the grapevine?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Mar 2024 14:34

morganb
Franchise FC

My source also expects there to be an exodus

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Mar 2024 16:53

Franchise FC
morganb
Franchise FC According to mine, he told me don’t worry, be happy

My source also expects there to be an exodus

That matches up with my source, who said that he shot the sheriff but not the deputy. I took this to mean that Dayong Pang is still alive.