MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (h)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (h)

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2024 13:04

windermereROYAL Green park bridge yesterday :D

You have to wonder at the intelligence of those who design these things, they must have known flooding is a strong possibility there so why build a bridge not high enough to see people over any flooding that happens :lol:

Just be happy that they didn't opt for a subway instead.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 Mar 2024 15:23

Sutekh
windermereROYAL Green park bridge yesterday :D

You have to wonder at the intelligence of those who design these things, they must have known flooding is a strong possibility there so why build a bridge not high enough to see people over any flooding that happens :lol:

Just be happy that they didn't opt for a subway instead.

Working out how high to build a bridge that would get over ‘any’ flooding would be really hard.
Presumably they allow for expected flooding then add a bit, but they can’t cater for every possibility surely ? Especially for a trivial situation….

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Mar 2024 16:04

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal His deal expires in 2025, so from a pure business sense a new owner should be looking to sign him up or sell. What's a fair price? £2m up front, with achievable add ons for an extra £1m plus a hefty sell on clause?

If the takeover doesn't happen a pack of doritos and a bottle of pepsi max should do it.

I do think he'd struggle to be first choice in a Champ side yet.

I always think players are better off proving themselves over two good seasons before moving up. One good season is so often hard to replicate in a new environment, often at a harder level. And a lot end up as failed flash in the pans.

Don't disagree with this, but we shouldn't expose ourselves to losing him for free when we have an academy producing talent and the ability to replace on the cheap which is not hard in L1.

Not easy to churn out players with the ability to withstand the physicality and nous of the demands pf league one at a young age. How many academy players does the club have out on loan gaining experience , i.e, in the pipeline ?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Mar 2024 16:17

Lower West
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal I do think he'd struggle to be first choice in a Champ side yet.

I always think players are better off proving themselves over two good seasons before moving up. One good season is so often hard to replicate in a new environment, often at a harder level. And a lot end up as failed flash in the pans.

Don't disagree with this, but we shouldn't expose ourselves to losing him for free when we have an academy producing talent and the ability to replace on the cheap which is not hard in L1.

Not easy to churn out players with the ability to withstand the physicality and nous of the demands pf league one at a young age. How many academy players does the club have out on loan gaining experience , i.e, in the pipeline ?

Even if the club concludes that nobody internal is ready, we've seen the quality of signing you can do on a free at this level, and we'll be in an even better position this summer if the takeover is completed.

I'd love to see Bindon grow with us, win promotion, play in the Championship and become a club legend. But if he can't commit to that for 2 - 3 years at the start of his career, he should be sold and replaced.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Mar 2024 17:47

stealthpapes He got another drop ball correct and I can only assume people don't know the rules about drop balls since they changed.

What is the latest rule? I thought it was still the last team that touched the ball when play was stopped got the drop ball.

He pulled it back to where the player was down - which seems like an easy win for cheats.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... rt-of-play

The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:

the ball was in the penalty area or
the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area

In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Mar 2024 18:01

PieEater
stealthpapes He got another drop ball correct and I can only assume people don't know the rules about drop balls since they changed.

What is the latest rule? I thought it was still the last team that touched the ball when play was stopped got the drop ball.

He pulled it back to where the player was down - which seems like an easy win for cheats.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... rt-of-play

The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:

the ball was in the penalty area or
the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area

In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official

From memory, the player was down in the box, the drop ball on the edge of the box. Maybe I missed a touch, happy to concede that.

The one where it hit him was also correct, just a few seconds late.

biff

by biff » 31 Mar 2024 22:17

Did the prix at BBCRB still credit "ettyobattyman" for the goal, or have they been let go for genuine journalists?