MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

144 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by Uke » 28 Apr 2024 12:05

South Coast Royal
Brogue Azeez and Bindon are off. Clearly farewell vibes to their celebrations and lap of honour

I wonder if Azeez will still go to Plymouth if they get relegated which is a possibility.

Surely a Champ club would want Bindon and ,if so, it would be a big gap for us to fill.
Hopefully we would get a good fee which I guess is more likely if new owners are in and we aren't the desperate beggars that we have been.

Isn’t Bindon still under contract until end of last season?

Maybe the Turtle last night will sway his mind?

Last edited by Uke on 28 Apr 2024 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2024 12:09

Best choice for him in terms of development is to stay put and develop in a consistent environment. Hopefully step up a level with us to make the transition easier.

Best choice for him in terms of maximising immediate earnings is go and sit in a Championship reserve side.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Apr 2024 12:21

Snowflake Royal Best choice for him in terms of development is to stay put and develop in a consistent environment. Hopefully step up a level with us to make the transition easier.

Best choice for him in terms of maximising immediate earnings is go and sit in a Championship reserve side.

I think he could be a starter in a Championship side.
Don't want to talk him up too much as I would love him to stay.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2024 13:01

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue Azeez and Bindon are off. Clearly farewell vibes to their celebrations and lap of honour

Interesting take.

I got the exact opposite vibe from Azeez, that he's really enjoying being here and connected very well with the fans.

And nothing either way from Bindon.

Holmes was definitely saying goodbye. :wink:

Azeez was crying

Strange; I've just watched some video I took as they came past the Dolan Stand and Y21 and he's laughing and larking around.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2024 13:20

RoyalBlue
Brogue
Snowflake Royal Interesting take.

I got the exact opposite vibe from Azeez, that he's really enjoying being here and connected very well with the fans.

And nothing either way from Bindon.

Holmes was definitely saying goodbye. :wink:

Azeez was crying

Strange; I've just watched some video I took as they came past the Dolan Stand and Y21 and he's laughing and larking around.

Hmmm. Brogue trolling?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 28 Apr 2024 13:50

Brogue Pcunts have put the prices up for the last game cashing in before the new contractors come in. £6.60 for a pint of Heineken from the fan park :| was about £5.60 the last home game :evil:

But Brogue! The El Jefe beer was £1.50 cheaper!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 28 Apr 2024 13:54

Loafer Was anybody else at the game?

Yes, I was doing the flag wasn't I!

Fantastic atmosphere. If we can keep this squad and moral together, we go into the new season a lot stronger.

Really Pumped for our special showdown with Wrexham next year. Obviously if Parky doesn't last, it'll all be meaningless.

If we can just start the games a bit brighter, then we would be a much more complete package.

Sam Smith is so good at this level and plays with near constant focus and passion for the shirt. So glad to have him back.

Prey we can keep hold of Azeez!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Apr 2024 19:24

Uke
South Coast Royal

I wonder if Azeez will still go to Plymouth if they get relegated which is a possibility.

Surely a Champ club would want Bindon and ,if so, it would be a big gap for us to fill.
Hopefully we would get a good fee which I guess is more likely if new owners are in and we aren't the desperate beggars that we have been.

I envy everyone there last night

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2024 21:33

skipper

Yes, I was doing the flag wasn't I!

Fantastic atmosphere. If we can keep this squad and moral together, we go into the new season a lot stronger.

Really Pumped for our special showdown with Wrexham next year. Obviously if Parky doesn't last, it'll all be meaningless.

If we can just start the games a bit brighter, then we would be a much more complete package.

Sam Smith is so good at this level and plays with near constant focus and passion for the shirt. So glad to have him back.

Prey we can keep hold of Azeez!

The flag thing went well but a bit disappointing c1871 were omitted from it,, what`s going to happen to it now? 2 grand for a 20 minute show seems a bit excessive.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 28 Apr 2024 22:23

LUX

Me
Y21

No, I wasn't. Unfortunately.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Apr 2024 00:00

I was Upper West as usual. Didn't see Brogue despite keeping my eyes out for the rogue.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Apr 2024 05:36

Royal_jimmy
Uke
South Coast Royal

I envy everyone there last night

Why? A bunch of sweaty virgins

And some reading fans :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Apr 2024 08:57

Not going to add much more but to note that this is the first time we have finished a season with a win since the season we made the Champ Play-off Final under Stam. We won at Burton on 7th May 2017 - not won on the final day since until Saturday.

The last time we won the last league game, and had no other competitive games to play was the 3-0 win at Derby in May 2015.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Apr 2024 09:09

Stranded Not going to add much more but to note that this is the first time we have finished a season with a win since the season we made the Champ Play-off Final under Stam. We won at Burton on 7th May 2017 - not won on the final day since until Saturday.

The last time we won the last league game, and had no other competitive games to play was the 3-0 win at Derby in May 2015.

Said to Lady Hendo (who was there on Saturday and throughly enjoyed herself) that it was the best last home game of the season for ages and ages and usually there isn't anyone staying for the lap of appreciation because the last game is such a damp squib.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Apr 2024 09:10

Surprised I haven't seen more piss taking for celebrating like we won the league on Saturday when we finished 17th. Obviously those who have experienced the past few years know exactly why, but still an easy cheap shot to make.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2024 09:34

Hendo
Stranded Not going to add much more but to note that this is the first time we have finished a season with a win since the season we made the Champ Play-off Final under Stam. We won at Burton on 7th May 2017 - not won on the final day since until Saturday.

Said to Lady Hendo (who was there on Saturday and throughly enjoyed herself) that it was the best last home game of the season for ages and ages and usually there isn't anyone staying for the lap of appreciation because the last game is such a damp squib.

I remember the 0-4 vs Ipswich where a few hundred of us stayed for an hour or so refusing to leave until the players came back out.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 29 Apr 2024 09:38

WestYorksRoyal Surprised I haven't seen more piss taking for celebrating like we won the league on Saturday when we finished 17th. Obviously those who have experienced the past few years know exactly why, but still an easy cheap shot to make.

It didn’t really have celebration vibes, though, just last-day applause to the fans (and potential farewells to a few of the squad).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2024 09:39

WestYorksRoyal Surprised I haven't seen more piss taking for celebrating like we won the league on Saturday when we finished 17th. Obviously those who have experienced the past few years know exactly why, but still an easy cheap shot to make.

Related note, forgot to say how impressed I was with Charlie Savage handling that moron teen who ran on the pitch.

Just quietly walked over, told him words to the effect of stop being an idiot, get off the pitch, we have a suspended points deduction for this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2024 09:40

rabidbee

It didn’t really have celebration vibes, though, just last-day applause to the fans (and potential farewells to a few of the squad).

Tbf, the usual Mbengue celebrations do look a bit like a Play Off semi win celebration. :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Apr 2024 09:41

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

I remember the 0-4 vs Ipswich where a few hundred of us stayed for an hour or so refusing to leave until the players came back out.

Last time we won the final home game of the season was when we made the play-off final in 2017 - Yann Kermorgant's giving us a 1-0 win over Wigan.

Before that, we last won our final home game of the season in the 2010/11 play-off season - we beat Derby 2-1 on the final day to confirm 5th spot.

In fact, starting from 99/00 to capture all final home games this century - we have managed 6 wins in 24 years in our final home game & just 3 in the last 14 (which both time weren't actually a last home game as we had a play-off semi as well).

144 posts