A message from BBC Radio Berkshire

301 posts
Smillie's Dive

by Smillie's Dive » 21 Jul 2006 20:32

How did Reading 107 have enough Royalty Points to buy the radio rights?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 21 Jul 2006 20:42

107 annoy me as much as all those jump on the bandwagon halfseason ticket holders...

They decided at the start of the season to can the Royal box and as soon as it looked like we were promoted they jumped back on the bandwagon. Grrrrrrrrr they make me so angry..

Not that it makes much difference as I will be at most of the games next season I just hate the way that People always seem to be jumping on the bandwagon.

Where were these people when we were playing Cambridge in the old second division infront of a Bumper Madstad crowd of about 4000 people????

Rsoles :evil: :evil:

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 21 Jul 2006 20:58

Skin
thefruits If there was a petition launched to try and get the club to stop being so completely short sighted I'd sign it now.

here's one:

http://www.petitiononline.com/BBCBERKS/petition.html

Signed. And so should every one else.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 21 Jul 2006 21:14

I got home from speedway last night to read this news that Radio Berkshire have lost their coverage of RFC matches.

Totally ruined an otherwise good day.

Total crap.

Radio Berks coverage is different class compared to 107. They will be sadly missed. I have regularly tuned into Joel and Tim for away games for the past few years, and must admit they are both superb commentators and broadcasters.

They both also do an excellent job at Smallmead each week. The only saving grace is that perhaps they will increae their already great coverage of Reading Speedway.

To whom this may concern (Madejski/ Howe)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2006 21:23

SpaceCruiser Bollocks to the radio, when will we have our own Reading FC tv channel?
pointless post Spacey

They will not have commentry for the deaf

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2006 21:29

Stranded
thefruits I actually think its shocking that the club are being so tight fisted as to stop fans in places such as Thatcham, Newbury, Basingstoke etc to listen to commentary. Reading 107 is a sad excuse for a radio station and I shalln't listen to the commentary at all. JM... wake up and smell the coffee... this is WRONG.

As a season ticket holder who has supported reading for over 20 years I'm starting to get bloody fed up with Mr Mad's whining and now his complete STUPIDITY as to sanction such a move.

We should be happily looking forward to the start of the season but the club seem hell bent on screwing the fans time and time again (new strip, over-priced sub standard dvd, higher season tickets and now this).

If there was a petition launched to try and get the club to stop being so completely short sighted I'd sign it now. We should be trying to capture a bigger audience.. not alienate their existing fans time and time again.

Now, you see, there's this thing called the internet. You can listen to this particular radio station on it.

Seriously people, of all the things to get peeved about this is so far down the list it doesn't even register.

If you want to here the commentary you can, yes Joel was good and if he's that good he'll move to 107, who seem to be making moves in his direction surmising from what I've read.

You will hear the games if you want to. Move on.
Pratt........a whole way of life has been devalued (my footballing routine ended with that announcement)

107 lost the "Local" interest 18 months ago

F**k me we have 2 Two Ten Fms now

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jul 2006 21:33

Stranded
thefruits I actually think its shocking that the club are being so tight fisted as to stop fans in places such as Thatcham, Newbury, Basingstoke etc to listen to commentary. Reading 107 is a sad excuse for a radio station and I shalln't listen to the commentary at all. JM... wake up and smell the coffee... this is WRONG.

As a season ticket holder who has supported reading for over 20 years I'm starting to get bloody fed up with Mr Mad's whining and now his complete STUPIDITY as to sanction such a move.

We should be happily looking forward to the start of the season but the club seem hell bent on screwing the fans time and time again (new strip, over-priced sub standard dvd, higher season tickets and now this).

If there was a petition launched to try and get the club to stop being so completely short sighted I'd sign it now. We should be trying to capture a bigger audience.. not alienate their existing fans time and time again.

Now, you see, there's this thing called the internet. You can listen to this particular radio station on it.

Seriously people, of all the things to get peeved about this is so far down the list it doesn't even register.

If you want to here the commentary you can, yes Joel was good and if he's that good he'll move to 107, who seem to be making moves in his direction surmising from what I've read.

You keep peddling this line but have not yet shown any evidence at all that coverage will be streamed live on 107 for free.

Instead, all indications are that internet commentary will be solely by ReadingWorld and therefore by paid subscription only.

So - put up or shut up.

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 21 Jul 2006 22:06

More to the point, who wants to sit at a PC to listen to web streaming?

When BeebRB was through DAB etc and could be heard almost anywhere in the house.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Jul 2006 22:06

Platypuss You keep peddling this line but have not yet shown any evidence at all that coverage will be streamed live on 107 for free.

Instead, all indications are that internet commentary will be solely by ReadingWorld and therefore by paid subscription only.

So - put up or shut up.

Exactly. I'd be absolutely amazed if 107 was allowed to do a free of charge web commentray, as the rights for this is bundled into the Premium TV deal - i.e. branded as "Reading World" nd an important revenue stream that they won't undercut with anything free of charge.

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 21 Jul 2006 22:21

I wish to add my voice to the dissenters of this crazy decision by RFC. Bring back Radio Berkshire.

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 21 Jul 2006 22:28

Fubar I wish to add my voice to the dissenters of this crazy decision by RFC. Bring back Radio Berkshire.

Sign the petition then ;)

http://www.petitiononline.com/BBCBERKS/petition.html

topfuller

by topfuller » 21 Jul 2006 23:10

What have you read ? and why the hell would a half decent jurno move from the BBC to 107... I Mr Mad said so it would fold tomorrow... Not so the BBC

theroyals_eh

by theroyals_eh » 22 Jul 2006 00:26

There is a thing called the internet!? However if you live in Canada you get:

Sorry
You must be in the United Kingdom to listen to the Reading 107fm stream.
Your IP address appears to be from 'Canada'.
Why can I no longer listen?

Oh well! What is all this fuss about? Boy if you lot got behind the team like you get behind BBC Radio Berkshire we could be winning the Prem! I don't listen to either 107fm anymore or BBC Radio Berks - instead I have to put up with TSN, Fox Sports and Rogers Sportsnet.......all bad - But I survive! Enjoy 107 you guys\girls who can't make it to the games! :lol:

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Jul 2006 00:41

Gordons Cumming It would be interesting to hear the club's real side to this decision.

But we won't....................... :wink:

Quote From Our Club. . .

"We greatly value our long term partnership with BBC Radio Berkshire, but unfortunately on this occasion they haven't been able to match the valuation for live commentary rights"

How much was it then??

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 22 Jul 2006 00:49

Cookie
Gordons Cumming It would be interesting to hear the club's real side to this decision.

But we won't....................... :wink:

Quote From Our Club. . .

"We greatly value our long term partnership with BBC Radio Berkshire, but unfortunately on this occasion they haven't been able to match the valuation for live commentary rights"

How much was it then??

3 x what it was last yr, whatever that was.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Jul 2006 01:30

**Newsflash** - Boyd Butler threw himself from the roof of the Madejski this evening in what appears to have been a failed suicide bid over the Radio Berkshiregate scandal. Thankfully, Mr Butler was spared serious injury having landed in a skip full of last seasons home shirts.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Jul 2006 03:19

Rest assured Joel I will still be tuning in before and after games. Thanks for the great service you have provided over the years.

thefruits

by thefruits » 22 Jul 2006 07:06

CocoPops More to the point, who wants to sit at a PC to listen to web streaming?

When BeebRB was through DAB etc and could be heard almost anywhere in the house.

Exactly, we will be unable to continue to listen to the commentary whilst washing the car / sitting in the garden / or even whilst driving anywhere other than in central reading (basically within the IDR)

This is an incredibly short sighted, stupid & crass move by JM I'd urge everyone to try to contact JM at reading just to let them know just how stupid this decision really is. Anyone have his email address.. I don't mind getting the ball rolling.

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 22 Jul 2006 07:32

SpaceCruiser when will we have our own Reading FC tv channel?

We did have once didn't we.... seem to remember back in 1998 Andy West fronting a weekly local cable programme about the Royals, only lasted about 6 months but at least we've tried it

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 22 Jul 2006 07:50

Alan Titchmarsh
SpaceCruiser when will we have our own Reading FC tv channel?

We did have once didn't we.... seem to remember back in 1998 Andy West fronting a weekly local cable programme about the Royals, only lasted about 6 months but at least we've tried it

Oi Oi , now we're Premiership, we should give it another try

301 posts