leroy'd like a lota goals

wehateoxford

leroy'd like a lota goals

by wehateoxford » 24 Jul 2006 10:45

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... otta+goals

Reading hit-man Leroy Lita is targeting a flood of goals this season after missing out on the end of last season's campaign through injury.

The England Under-21 international has made a big impression at The Madejski since moving to the club a year ago from Bristol City.

He had a ratio of a goal every other game in The Championship, chipping in with 11 league goals, but missed the run-in after breaking his leg against Burnley.

The £1 million man now has his sights set on taking that form into The Premiership.

"I believe I can score against anyone and it doesn't matter who it is, each game I go into I want to score and I will keep doing that next season as well," Lita explained.

"My finishing is my number one asset and I believe I can score from most of my chances."

The Congo-born striker scored and made a goal in The Royals' 4-1 pre-season victory at Northampton on Saturday and he has been philosophical about last season's personal disappointments.

"I played my part so it wasn't too frustrating to have missed the end of last season," he reflected.

"Players are always going to get injured but I thought I had played my part when it happened."

Manager Steve Coppell is the man ultimately responsible for securing the club's newly acquired top flight status and he knows he will need the quality of players like Lita to keep them there.

"We are being ultra-cautious with him. He broke his leg last season and has had some pain around the break since he has got back but that's a by-product of the hard pitches around more than anything," Coppell commented.

"He had an opportunity to finish a few things off, which is what he is there for. The goal will give him confidence and we can give him a few minutes in the next week or so."

The Royals face Millwall in their next pre-season friendly match on Wednesday.

have to say, he has a great attitude, just the sort of young and hungry attitude you'd expect from a reading player, but patient too.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 24 Jul 2006 11:01

Great attitude on the pitch. Pity about his attitude off it. Namely his attitude to fans. The way he treated me when I asked for his autograph the other week, talk about dismissive!! He won't ever be a legend with attitude like that. Arrogance is for on the pitch leroy, not off it as well.

By the by however, he's still a good player playing for Reading and will receive 100% support from me when he's on the pitch. Played well on Saturday, scored a well taken equaliser and set up Doyle. Should have had a 2nd after a fantastic move, but missed from 6 yards! playing well at the moment, should hopefully make an impact on the Premiership.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jul 2006 11:06

handbags_harris Great attitude on the pitch. Pity about his attitude off it. Namely his attitude to fans. The way he treated me when I asked for his autograph the other week, talk about dismissive!! He won't ever be a legend with attitude like that. Arrogance is for on the pitch leroy, not off it as well.

By the by however, he's still a good player playing for Reading and will receive 100% support from me when he's on the pitch. Played well on Saturday, scored a well taken equaliser and set up Doyle. Should have had a 2nd after a fantastic move, but missed from 6 yards! playing well at the moment, should hopefully make an impact on the Premiership.

When I met him he was fine and quite happy to chat, must have caught him on a bad day! :wink:

Jay

by Jay » 24 Jul 2006 11:08

Worrying to hear though that after his broken ankle, he is still feeling pain and the club are very cautious about it.

I hope it clears up fully, or we're in trouble with the transfer deadline coming and apparently, only wanting one more player (defender?) :?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jul 2006 11:10

Jay Worrying to hear though that after his broken ankle, he is still feeling pain and the club are very cautious about it.

I hope it clears up fully, or we're in trouble with the transfer deadline coming and apparently, only wanting one more player (defender?) :?

What did you expect? It's still got pins in and he's only just started playing again on rock hard pitches, against lower league opposition who will be trying hard to impress against our lads (also known as kicking them off the pitch).

He's not just going to get miraculously better and not feel some discomfort in it.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 24 Jul 2006 11:13

handbags_harris Great attitude on the pitch. Pity about his attitude off it. Namely his attitude to fans. The way he treated me when I asked for his autograph the other week, talk about dismissive!! He won't ever be a legend with attitude like that. Arrogance is for on the pitch leroy, not off it as well.

After the promotion party he didn't sign anything.

However people like Shane Long and Marcus Hahnamann were happy to sign everything.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 24 Jul 2006 11:13

all part of the process, im sure he'll heal alright and score some scorchers. the more i hear from leroy himself, the more confident i am he'll perform, seems completley unphased

Jay

by Jay » 24 Jul 2006 11:20

Alan Partridge
Jay Worrying to hear though that after his broken ankle, he is still feeling pain and the club are very cautious about it.

What did you expect? It's still got pins in and he's only just started playing again on rock hard pitches, against lower league opposition who will be trying hard to impress against our lads (also known as kicking them off the pitch).

He's not just going to get miraculously better and not feel some discomfort in it.

obviously, but the piece I read on the OS was more to the point that he is feeling pain that they didn't expect to still be there! That is concerning.

Nice to have you back BTW.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jul 2006 13:28

Jay
Alan Partridge

obviously, but the piece I read on the OS was more to the point that he is feeling pain that they didn't expect to still be there! That is concerning.

Nice to have you back BTW.

Thanks, but where have I been? :lol: :wink:

TVPRoyal

by TVPRoyal » 24 Jul 2006 14:03

[quote="handbags_harris"]Great attitude on the pitch. Pity about his attitude off it. Namely his attitude to fans. The way he treated me when I asked for his autograph the other week, talk about dismissive!! He won't ever be a legend with attitude like that. Arrogance is for on the pitch leroy, not off it as well.

To be honest as long as Leroy Scores the goals to keep us in the Prem ( and i really believe he could be our best chance of getting goals) - his attitude to fans asking for autographs etc is completely irrelevant, we paid £1m for him to score goals not be a "nice bloke!"

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 24 Jul 2006 16:25

I am going to have a punt and say Leroy will be the most effective striker next season- i really think we have only seen the beginning of his talents.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 24 Jul 2006 16:26

that is within the reading striking department!

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 24 Jul 2006 19:13

handbags_harris Pity about his attitude off it. Namely his attitude to fans. The way he treated me when I asked for his autograph the other week, talk about dismissive!! He won't ever be a legend with attitude like that. Arrogance is for on the pitch leroy, not off it as well.

How would you like it every were you went, you were asked for your atuograph, or had 'Leroyy!!' shouted at you. Lita is a person, same as you and me, why does everyone have this obsession with trying to get famous people's autographs! :roll:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Jul 2006 17:17

TVPRoyal

To be honest as long as Leroy Scores the goals to keep us in the Prem ( and i really believe he could be our best chance of getting goals) - his attitude to fans asking for autographs etc is completely irrelevant, we paid ?1m for him to score goals not be a "nice bloke!"

Maybe if you took note of the 2nd paragraph of my post you'd have understood that I was being particularly dismissive of his attitude. Just because I don't particularly like him as a person doesn't mean i don't give him support while he's wearing our shirt.

Toon Toon Blue Army How would you like it every were you went, you were asked for your atuograph, or had 'Leroyy!!' shouted at you. Lita is a person, same as you and me, why does everyone have this obsession with trying to get famous people's autographs!

Understood, Lita is a person, but then again if he decides to be a professional footballer then he has to accept that this is what is going to happen. People will ask for autographs at random times because Leroy is idolised by a lot of people and, despite your protestations to the contrary, those people will ask. and Leroy has to accept that and not be so dismissive of those people, otherwise his personal profile will be diminished.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Jul 2006 17:30

Footballers have a life, you should leave them well alone. Unless they play for the opposition against Reading.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Jul 2006 17:39

SpaceCruiser Footballers have a life, you should leave them well alone. Unless they play for the opposition against Reading.

Considering how much they get paid, it is a small sacrifice.

addsrfc

by addsrfc » 25 Jul 2006 23:37

his pain in his ankle was said to be because of the hard pitches this time of year so hopefully he will be fine for the premiership

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 26 Jul 2006 00:28

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: leroy'd like a lota goals

by leon » 09 Sep 2011 21:49

This ones for Archie's Penalty - a return to the good old days....

Who'd have thought he'd turned out a preening goal shy video pervert?

(Lita not Archie's Penalty, clearly)

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

Re: leroy'd like a lota goals

by leww_rfc » 09 Sep 2011 22:32

leon (Lita not Archie's Penalty, clearly)

:lol: