Kitson to struggle...

spickroyal

by spickroyal » 31 Jul 2006 13:05

lightning strikes kitson will struggle!!?! you utter clueless moron's. He's easily our best striker and while it'll obviously be harder than the Championship, he's far and away our greatest threat.

Look everyone, yet another complete cnut on the team board. Fcuk off you newbie tw*t.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Jul 2006 13:07

spickroyal
lightning strikes kitson will struggle!!?! you utter clueless moron's. He's easily our best striker and while it'll obviously be harder than the Championship, he's far and away our greatest threat.

Look everyone, yet another complete cnut on the team board. Fcuk off you newbie tw*t.

It was strongly worded stuff from lightning strikes, but I agree with it in part and it certainly didn't warrant your aggressive reply.

spickroyal

by spickroyal » 31 Jul 2006 13:09

floyd__streete
spickroyal

It was strongly worded stuff from lightning strikes, but I agree with it in part and it certainly didn't warrant your aggressive reply.

You can disagree without branding people clueless morons...and for doing so, I brand him a cnut with no remorse!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Jul 2006 13:10

My tuppence worth - Kitson has been our top scorer for the last two seasons, made the step up two divisions with ease and (imho) is underrated in terms of his ability on the ground; I like the way he holds up the ball.

I think that after all he has achieved for us he deserves a little better than two lengthy threads on this message board questioning whether he is up to it. Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt before writing off someone who has played precisely zero minutes of Premiership football.....much like the vast majority of the rest of our title winning squad.

spickroyal

by spickroyal » 31 Jul 2006 13:16

floyd__streete My tuppence worth - Kitson has been our top scorer for the last two seasons, made the step up two divisions with ease and (imho) is underrated in terms of his ability on the ground; I like the way he holds up the ball.

I think that after all he has achieved for us he deserves a little better than two lengthy threads on this message board questioning whether he is up to it. Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt before writing off someone who has played precisely zero minutes of Premiership football.....much like the vast majority of the rest of our title winning squad.

Fair point. But I would like to again reiterate that I am not writing him off or slating him but just raising concerns about his style of play and how it matches up in the Prem.

I can happily start a thread about each individual player outlining my concerns for them over the season ahead but I actaully have work to do :wink:

I find you point about Kitsons ability on the ground interesting though. I find he gets knocked about a little easily but then I guess there are a greater proportion of meathead centre backs in the Championship than in the Prem.

I am undecided but just have some fears, thats all. Prove me wrong Kits and start by slamming a hattrick past 'boro!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 31 Jul 2006 13:21

You could make a point about any of our players being good or not good enough for next season, none of them have played in that league so who's to say who will make it and who won't?

I have my doubts over certain players including a couple that haven't been mentioned on here making the step up. Looking at the other thread where we are naming basically the exact same team as last season, that worries me quite a bit. Yes we were great in an average league last season, yes all the players deserve a crack at it but we have to get 1 or preferably 2 players that will significantly improve us and make sure we are nowhere near that bottom 3.

Royal Hob Nob

by Royal Hob Nob » 31 Jul 2006 13:24

For some reason I have a funny feeling that Kitson is going to do really well this season. He and Henry make up my attack in fantasy footy. The other thing is Coppell believes him, Doyle and Lita are good enough to be premiership strikers. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Jul 2006 13:30

floyd__streete My tuppence worth - Kitson has been our top scorer for the last two seasons, made the step up two divisions with ease and (imho) is underrated in terms of his ability on the ground; I like the way he holds up the ball.

I agree! To be honest I think that there are a few fans who may not be 'up to it' now that we are in the Prem league, and some of them have posted on this thread.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 31 Jul 2006 13:40

Spick you tw@t, how dare you state an opinion that may imply a Reading player is not quite be up to playing in the Premiership. :wink:

I too have my reservations about Kitson in the Premiership, but I really hope I am proven wrong. Regarding all the bollocks about not questioning Kitson's ability as he possibly reads Hobnob, I'm sure he's a big boy and can take reading some constructive (!) debate. I really wonder how some of you lot survive in the real world without having constant little tantrums if someone states an opinion different to your own.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Jul 2006 18:56

West Stand Man

I agree! To be honest I think that there are a few fans who may not be 'up to it' now that we are in the Prem league, and some of them have posted on this thread.

That says it all for me, too.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I really don't know why the most common "is he good enough?" thread always concerns our top goal scorer, who is one of the most technically gifted players at the club...................it strikes me that some supporters aren't very good at spotting natural ability.

iang040563

by iang040563 » 31 Jul 2006 20:11

He has the ability, but has he got the fitness to last for the entire season?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Jul 2006 20:29

Surely this is the one thing that should be easier to cope with in the Premiership than the Championship................8 less games to start with :?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 31 Jul 2006 20:46

Woodcote Royal Surely this is the one thing that should be easier to cope with in the Premiership than the Championship................8 less games to start with :?

Not if we make the FA cup final.

iang040563

by iang040563 » 31 Jul 2006 21:25

Woodcote Royal Surely this is the one thing that should be easier to cope with in the Premiership than the Championship................8 less games to start with :?

But more competitive and harder than what he has - in fact any of them - are used to

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Jul 2006 21:58

Physically, which is where Kitson sometimes struggles, 46 games amongst the Championship cloggers is tougher than 38 games against the Premiership elite.

iang040563

by iang040563 » 01 Aug 2006 01:29

Hope you're right - just expressing my concern