did anyone else see this

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

did anyone else see this

by bigmike » 03 Aug 2006 17:51

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~876675,00.htm

Did anyone else see this apear on the reading website about the club no longer being in administration??

Latest from the Madejski Stadium

Finally It's All Over!

AFTER more months than any of care to admit, the club is finally free of Administration!
The sterling efforts of all concerned from Administrators to supporters has paid off, with the club now free to determine its own destiny.

Speaking at the press conference, Supporters Trust chairman Bruce Clapton added:
"Firstly we would like to congratulate Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens on the purchase of Wrexham AFC and on bringing the club out of administration, thus saving our long and proud heritage for future generations. It has been a long and worrying past 3 years as the future of our football club hung in the balance, but now with us exiting administration we can look forward to a brighter future.

"At this point the Trust have been given the honour of announcing that Trust president Arfon Griffiths has graciously accepted the position of becoming the new club president. Arfon currently holds the record for most appearances with over 700 in a red shirt, and holds the post war scoring record with over 120 goals as well as being capped for Wales and having been awarded the MBE for his services to football. He is also the only manager in the clubs history to take the club to the second tier of the football league. We believe these achievements make him the ideal figurehead for the new club, and welcome his appointment.

"I'd also like to extend our gratitude to Dave Acland and Steve Williams for all the tremendous work they have put in to securing our clubs future."

The Cube

by The Cube » 03 Aug 2006 17:58

Well, I saw it and you beat me by one minute. Bastard.

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 03 Aug 2006 18:35

And a lovely story about how Josh Clapham rose from College football to Championship level!

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 03 Aug 2006 18:39

Gave me a minor heartattack until I realised it was Wrexham. I wonder if any other sites have read about our Swedish tour?

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 03 Aug 2006 19:11

Bugger me backwards :shock:

I was busy reading opened mouth how the club had been sold to a consortium for a good 2 minutes before the penny dropped. I thought it was April 1st :?

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 03 Aug 2006 20:40

Bowman's Quiver Bugger me backwards :shock:

I was busy reading opened mouth how the club had been sold to a consortium for a good 2 minutes before the penny dropped. I thought it was April 1st :?

I also was bricking it! I couldn't believe it at first! Was starting to think the BBC Berkshire fiasco had pushed him over the edge! :wink:

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1