Sidwell's comments in the post today

161 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 09:21

Wycombe Royal How many people on here have been away on a business trip and have been stuck in their hotel bored?

Quite a few I would imagine.

So?

We don't want to hear about it thanks.

I'd be quite happy to be paid what they are and suffer a little boredom.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Aug 2006 09:23

Gordons Cumming
Wycombe Royal How many people on here have been away on a business trip and have been stuck in their hotel bored?

So?

I think you may have misunderstood my comments.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 09:30

Wycombe Royal
Gordons Cumming

So?

I think you may have misunderstood my comments.

Maybe I have.

As i have said many times before..................I hate whinging footballers.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 08 Aug 2006 09:54

Royal Lady he's sounding a bit too much like a prima donna for my liking. Oh dear a 2 hour coach journey to play a little club on a sub-standard pitch - but playing away to Rushden and Diamonds is fine is it Steve? :roll:

I think he's got a point, particularly against such woeful opposition. I find most friendlies meaningless fixtures thougfh accept that clubs have to have them to get players fitness up to match speed.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 08 Aug 2006 10:19

For years now, Arsenal have gone to Austria, played a non-league team, thrashed them and come home to play Boreham Wood. It's never done them any harm.

The purpose of going to Sweden is to get the team together, get them used to being with each other day after day and to keep fitness levels up.

Sidwell turns down a contract and probably wants to leave, which is fine by me. He's been living off Chris Kamara's billing as 'best outside the premiership' for too long now. For me, he hasn't recaptured the form he showed two season's ago. Harper is the important one in midfield, not Sidwell.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2006 10:42

79Royal For years now, Arsenal have gone to Austria, played a non-league team, thrashed them and come home to play Boreham Wood. It's never done them any harm.

The purpose of going to Sweden is to get the team together, get them used to being with each other day after day and to keep fitness levels up.

Sidwell turns down a contract and probably wants to leave, which is fine by me. He's been living off Chris Kamara's billing as 'best outside the premiership' for too long now. For me, he hasn't recaptured the form he showed two season's ago. Harper is the important one in midfield, not Sidwell.

But read Kitson quotes in the Post today where he is questioning the bonding aspect of the tour and implying the same of Convey. As I have said, it would appear Sidwell was talking in his position of vice-captain for at least some of the squad and as such shouldn't be vilified singularly.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 10:49

Kitson is a self confessed unsociable git.............allegedly. :wink:

Hates mixing with footballers. :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2006 10:52

there is obviously a trend in the squad to think that this is a waste of time.

If the tour is also a bonding excercise and the players find theselves sitting in their room with nothing to do getting more and more bored then it's hardly working is it. With 3 of our best plyers complaining about it. one of them 2 years running It clearly isn't that great an excercise.

1 decent team is not enough of a pre season to go into the premiership. Our preseason seems to be more inline with being league 1 than premiership.

Also as said, if Sidwell is vice captain, then it is his duty to make people aware of concerns among his players. I imagine things have been said to the staff and no one is doing anything so sidders took it to the next level as it were.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2006 10:53

Gordons Cumming Kitson is a self confessed unsociable git.............allegedly. :wink:

Hates mixing with footballers. :shock:

well he is intelligent and articulate. it must be terrible for him amongst all those morons.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 11:01

Ian Royal
Also as said, if Sidwell is vice captain, then it is his duty to make people aware of concerns among his players. I imagine things have been said to the staff and no one is doing anything so sidders took it to the next level as it were.

Talking to the press about it is stupid. All he has to do is discuss it with Coppell and that's where it should end.

I hate whinging footballers.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 08 Aug 2006 11:06

Stranded
79Royal For years now, Arsenal have gone to Austria, played a non-league team, thrashed them and come home to play Boreham Wood. It's never done them any harm.

But read Kitson quotes in the Post today where he is questioning the bonding aspect of the tour and implying the same of Convey. As I have said, it would appear Sidwell was talking in his position of vice-captain for at least some of the squad and as such shouldn't be vilified singularly.

Fair enough, but there are ways and means. Gripes go up, not anywhere else. Tell Coppell.

That said, the more I think about it, the more I agree with the notion that moaning about pre-season isn't really that bad.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2006 11:17

79Royal
Stranded

Fair enough, but there are ways and means. Gripes go up, not anywhere else. Tell Coppell.

That said, the more I think about it, the more I agree with the notion that moaning about pre-season isn't really that bad.

Perhaps they had made their feelings known and felt (rightly or wrongly) that going public was the best thing. All in all, if this the height of our problems this year then I'll be happy.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 11:18

Moaning to the press is schoolboy behaviour.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 08 Aug 2006 11:19

Stranded
Perhaps they had made their feelings known and felt (rightly or wrongly) that going public was the best thing. All in all, if this the height of our problems this year then I'll be happy.

Good point!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 08 Aug 2006 11:28

Stranded

What specifically do they say - I dont think the comments are on the website so I assume there just in the paper.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2006 11:30

Only one Trevor Morley
Stranded

What specifically do they say - I dont think the comments are on the website so I assume there just in the paper.

Don't have to hand but in essence Kitson questions the usefulness of the tour as a bonding exercise and questions the standard of opposition as preparation for the Prem.

stuart sweden

by stuart sweden » 08 Aug 2006 12:05

Kitson hasnt played very well in sweden, at the moment he looks like 4th choice. He always whines about pre season every single year.
Sidwell just wants out, he doesnt look happy and to be honest gunnar could do the same job as him and has looked good pre season.
Bikey should get a contract as he has been very good.
What pisses me off the most is all the negative posting on here about the clubs lack of ambition. What so we fix pre season games against inter, barca and bayern get thrashed morale sinks but you lot are happy or we play shit sides thrash them although i do agree with sidwell about the Lanna game, they were nothing and theyre tackling was reckless however its difficult for us to get games over here against the better sides as we are still thought of as a little club and teams have to pay to play us and if no fans come then they make no money back on it. When southampton were over here they had 500 travelling fans with them and faced better opposition.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 12:07

Good points, Stuart.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Aug 2006 12:44

Boss Steve Coppell admits he somewhat disappointed with the standard of opposition in our last pre-season game, but he expects a much more difficult workout this evening.

The Royals hammered Swedish Sixth Division amateurs Lanna GoIF 10-1 on Saturday, but we face top flight side Orgryte IS tonight, and the boss told readingfc.co.uk his team are looking forward to the step up in opposition.

He said, "The game we had on Saturday was disappointing, I must admit, both in terms of the quality of the surface and the way the opposition chopped and changed.

"That's not what we're looking for but we had to put up with it.

"We're not in control of the teams we play out here but we might have to look at that in the future.

"We play a far better team tonight, they're in the top division, admittedly they're bottom of the league but it's the opportunity to test ourselves against far better players."

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 44,00.html

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 08 Aug 2006 12:47

I am so bored of listening to Sidwell moan & sulk.
If he doesn't like it, f*ck off.

Hopefully we can get a replacement in & sell him come January window.

Ginger pr**k!

161 posts