Hansen and Lawrenson on who will stay up...

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hansen and Lawrenson on who will stay up...

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 24 Aug 2006 21:59

Mr Angry
Volvicanus
Mr Angry
photo_royal On the first day of the seasons motd they both said Sheffield United will be the only team out of the 3 to stay up...

:shock:

Is it just me or have all the pundits seemed to of favoured Utd at almost everything they predict? Promotion etc

Their reason why they'd stay up is because of Brammal Lane being a hard place to go...

Why wouldn't Mad Stad not be!?

I do ramble but I hate the way Lawrenson smerks as if his opinion is the voice of God

I want to snap his neck

If he has the balls to attend a game at our place, in order to get to the media area he has to walk up a set of newly created stairs to the gantry......and past me.

:twisted:

I will enjoy giving Mr Lawrensen a piece of my mind.

No offense- but why would you do such a thing? Surely the man is entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with it - you don't agree with it - but it's not like he's defamed us in some way.

None taken.

I would ask him why he rates 2 teams that finished 16 and 25 points respectively below us, and why he thinks they have more class than us; his only possible explanation would be that they have bought in players who have bridged that game to which i would point out that they are, for the main part, journeyman championship players who, according to the ACTIM index, were nowhere near as good as our players.

I would then offer him a £1000 bet that we would stay up, and see if he had the balls to take it.

he doesn't know our players, so he assumes they can't be any good. It's exactly the same kind of lazy journalism seen in the world cup, when most "expert" pundits could have written their collective knowledge of half the teams in the first round on the back of a matchbox with a magic marker.

I don't mind them being ignorant as everyone makes ill-informed predictions in football, fans certainly being no exception. What does annoy me is that they are being paid money for the benefit of their supposedly superior knowledge, yet the average man on the street has just as much knowledge about the three promoted clubs (or the teams of Ecuador or Ghana etc - the BBC & ITV both seemed convinced a player being black was enough to make them an expert on African football at the world cup) as half of these experts. Would it really be so terrible for one of them to say "I really haven't seen enough of them to make a judgement", as clearly asking them to earn their money is asking too much.

Philly Flyer

by Philly Flyer » 25 Aug 2006 09:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 786707.stm

..and he's predicting we'll lose 2-1 tomorrow...hmmm...time for a new thread.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 25 Aug 2006 10:17

He managed Oxford Utd 4FS.........wouldn't pay too much attention to him

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 25 Aug 2006 11:19

i liked when lawro tipped us to struggle and linker said "i disagree" whenever linaker says just "i disagree" its his way of saying "shut up you tosser" on television

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Aug 2006 13:24

This is what happens when you watch (or listen to) BBC - no good can come from it.

If you want knowledgable commentators, try SKY or Talk Sport

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 Aug 2006 13:30

Did anyone notice last season Lawron didnt figure as much on MOTD as in previous seasons?

I thought it was interesting that Shearer was used on the first show last week, maybe theyre trying to phase Lawro out over time?