RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Simon Cox joins Brentford on-loan

by RG30 » 11 Sep 2006 10:24

Reports Sky Sports News

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Sep 2006 10:31

Brentford have completed the signing of Reading youngster Simon Cox on a month-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old - who has yet to make a first-team start for the Royals - can play either in midfield or attack, and his versatility was one of the attributes that attracted Bees manager Leroy Rosenior.

Rosenior said: "Simon is strong, he can pass the ball and he can score goals - from either midfield or attack.

"He gives us two options, and that is something we need in the squad.

"It is a month-long deal to start with, and we will see how we go from there."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_league1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/06/09/11/manual_095757.html&TEAMHD=nationwide2

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Sep 2006 10:31

Fair play, he has looked useful in the reserves playing along side Long and the experience of League 1 football will be good for him

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Sep 2006 10:32

This is a good move, hopefully he'll do well there and show he's good enough.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 11 Sep 2006 10:59

Good move for Cox - I hope that we dont suffer any more injuries to the forward line however.

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 11 Sep 2006 11:04

Only one Trevor Morley Good move for Cox - I hope that we dont suffer any more injuries to the forward line however.

Yes because Cox would be a star in the Prem.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 11 Sep 2006 11:08

Bring back the South bank
Only one Trevor Morley Good move for Cox - I hope that we dont suffer any more injuries to the forward line however.

Yes because Cox would be a star in the Prem.

And the tone of that post is ?

Saecastic or Truthful ??

Super Si

by Super Si » 11 Sep 2006 11:21

Cox used to go to my school. He never looked like anything special then and I haven't seen anything from him since that would suggest otherwise. Always looks like a boy running around aimlessly amongst men.

Won't ever be good enough and is destined for a career in the non-league.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Sep 2006 11:24

Cox has done very well over the lat 18 months. They've finally sorted out his best position, scored a hatful in the reserves, scored against Villa reserves. You can't judge him on about 10 minutes of first team football.

This loan spell will answer a few questions.

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 11 Sep 2006 11:39

Super Si Cox used to go to my school. He never looked like anything special then and I haven't seen anything from him since that would suggest otherwise. Always looks like a boy running around aimlessly amongst men.

And you are in a position to be able to judge for what reason ??

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Sep 2006 12:00

Chicken Balti Pie
Super Si Cox used to go to my school. He never looked like anything special then and I haven't seen anything from him since that would suggest otherwise. Always looks like a boy running around aimlessly amongst men.

Because they went to the same school.

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 11 Sep 2006 12:08

Wycombe Royal
Chicken Balti Pie

Because they went to the same school.

I went to the same school as lots of people who went to Waingel's but am not in a position to judge if they will go on to make excellent lawyers,judges, dentists or bunny boilers !!!

Just because you go the same school as someone does not mean you are in a position to judge whether they make it as a footballer.

Look at Ian Wright and Dave Kitson who both came into the game late - I wonder how many of their school mates said that 'he would never make it'.

I don't think it is fair to judge someone unless you are in a position to judge.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Sep 2006 12:10

I was being sarcastic.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Sep 2006 12:14

He wouldn't be contracted to a Premiership football club if he was rubbish.

Give the boy a chance FFS, he's 19 and hopefully his move to Brentford will allow him a chance of regular 1st team football.

Unlike Shane Long and Scott Golbourne, he's 1 of our own young players we've bought through the ranks and it would be great for him and the supporters to see someone come through that understands what this football club is about.

Hungerford Bee

by Hungerford Bee » 11 Sep 2006 12:22

Nice to see somebody decent moving the other way for a change

I'll give you a report on him after tomorrow evening's game!

Super Si

by Super Si » 11 Sep 2006 12:22

Sorry, Chicken Balti, but I played football with him a number of times and could clearly see that he didn't stand out at all. If you are to become a premiership footballer I think that you would clearly be a lot better than the other kids who just play football up the park.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2006 12:30

Super Si Sorry, Chicken Balti, but I played football with him a number of times and could clearly see that he didn't stand out at all. If you are to become a premiership footballer I think that you would clearly be a lot better than the other kids who just play football up the park.

Yes but with all due respect, people within the game obviously feel that he did stand out hence why he was picked up and offered a professional contract.

There were kids that I played with that did stand out and many thought they would go on to big things but they were never picked up by clubs as they did not think them good enough.

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 11 Sep 2006 12:37

Wycombe Royal I was being sarcastic.

Really ?

I know just gave me a chance to justify my comments never the less !

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Sep 2006 12:37

Super Si Sorry, Chicken Balti, but I played football with him a number of times and could clearly see that he didn't stand out at all. If you are to become a premiership footballer I think that you would clearly be a lot better than the other kids who just play football up the park.

Then you must be an exceptional player yourself! I've seen Cox play quite a few youth games and reserve games and I can tell you he has a talent. It's good that he is going to get some decent first team experience, but I hope that is the only reason we are sending him to Brentford as I would hate to loose him for good.

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 11 Sep 2006 12:39

Again Dave Kitson and Ian Wright obviously did not stand out either at school and still made it.

And Cox did not stand out at your school either yet is playing reserve team football for a premiership club !

Sorry but I find your argument weak :wink: