Trouble after the game

187 posts
If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 25 Sep 2006 17:14

rfc2005 the group of twats waiting by the barrier before geting on the coach were singing "shove your england up your arse" :? then singing
"portugal, portugal".

Quite ironic given their next fixture - I'm sure they'll be singing that tomorrow.

Besides, it wasn't just his antics against England that upset people - he (and quite a few of the other Portugese players) put Greg Louganis to shame in the following game. They also did themselves no favours against the Dutch

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Sep 2006 18:25

M4 Junction 11 TVP did the business at the station but were negligent in how they policed the ground. I'm surprised by this as they usually 'go hard'.

Simple really; selective application of the law. They're quite happy for football fans to get beaten up (even if they are innocent law abiding supporters) but it wouldn't do for 'normal citizens' to be disrupted.

Wax Jacket
79Royal TVP are useless. I spoke to three different coppers at various points and none of them were interested, all of them very rude.

The club, TVP and the council need to sit down and discuss a way forward, because match days are getting ridiculous.

There needs to be a top-down improvement in the approach to policing football matches. The Police will only send as many coppers as they're paid to send and are probably warned to turn something of a blind eye and stay out of trouble, os no wonder they appear to do nothing.

The police have an obligation to safeguard law abiding citizens (including football supporters), regardless of whether football is picking up the tab for their attendance or not. It's time they were reminded that in no uncertain terms by a certain Mr Salter MP.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 25 Sep 2006 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2006 18:27

As stated on another thread, TVP deny there was any trouble at all on Saturday. As for the incident down the A33 - they did send a couple of people down there but couldn't prove that anything had happened. TVP stated there were no arrests. :roll:

Miss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Miss » 25 Sep 2006 18:30

The blood wasn't a give a way then?

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 26 Sep 2006 11:57

Royal Lady As stated on another thread, TVP deny there was any trouble at all on Saturday. As for the incident down the A33 - they did send a couple of people down there but couldn't prove that anything had happened. TVP stated there were no arrests. :roll:

There has been the potential for trouble along the A33 since the Mad Stad opened. I remember both Stoke and Millwall fans causing trouble by leaving from the away stand and then walking along the A33 towards town and then turning up towards the other entrance to the Mad Stad and meeting the home leaves as they left.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 26 Sep 2006 12:02

MartinRdg
Royal Lady As stated on another thread, TVP deny there was any trouble at all on Saturday. As for the incident down the A33 - they did send a couple of people down there but couldn't prove that anything had happened. TVP stated there were no arrests. :roll:

There has been the potential for trouble along the A33 since the Mad Stad opened. I remember both Stoke and Millwall fans causing trouble by leaving from the away stand and then walking along the A33 towards town and then turning up towards the other entrance to the Mad Stad and meeting the home leaves as they left.

Millwall didn't even bother doing that one year, they just went down past the roundabout and went up the grass hill to the East Stand. If fans want trouble they'lll find it. It's interesting to note that it was a very small turn out from Manchester United, if they had been given 4,500 tickets then things would have been alot worse.

Maybe something for the authorties and Police to take on board if the ground is expanded in time for their next visit?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Sep 2006 12:46

Royal Lady TVP deny there was any trouble at all on Saturday.

187 posts