215 posts
Kajagoogoo

by Kajagoogoo » 24 Sep 2006 20:27

Bet i do!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 20:29

Larry_Parnell
brendywendy dont really think punching anyone for whatever reason, anywhere is ever really acceptable

Let me help you then. Your wife wakes you up in the middle of the night and tells you there is someone, who shouldn't be there, in your house.
Please don't make stupid generalisations.

a:i have no wife, hence i am on internet discussion boards at20.20 on a sunday evening
B: if i did, and she said there were someone downstairs in my house robbing it i would probably punch him or worse if he didnt leg it, or threatened me

but that would mean i had lost it, i would be in the wrong, and is not reaction to be that proud of

dont get me wrong, i would do it, and have done it in the past, im not some gandi like figure of passive resistance
but it isnt right mate,

and robbing me ouse is a bit different to sitting and watching a game of footy

although i have admitted he was a complete twat,and i would expect him to get a few slaps, its just it seems a bit odd when i can sit in peace and harmony(ish) with manure fans down the pub,

Legend

by Legend » 24 Sep 2006 20:30

You are now out of the running for the aforementioned award after yesterday 8)

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 24 Sep 2006 20:34

alad That is football, if someone is stupid enough to wear a United shirt in the Reading stand then they're inciting trouble and asking for it.

Thats bollocks.

I won a radio compertition about 10 years ago, Swindon Vs. Reading, i sat in the home (swindon) crowd with my royals shirt AND cheerd when we scored, and didnt have a problem...

This shit shouldnt happen in the game, you SHOULD be allowed to walk about and be proud of your colours...

oxf*rd for the 2 years we played Man City i sat in the Royals home end with my mate in a City shirt and he never got any bother...

Whats wrong with us? Why do we always have to resort to violence?!

It makes me sad, what kind of a world have i brought my children into?
Last edited by skipper on 24 Sep 2006 20:36, edited 2 times in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 20:36

it is, i believe, a cancerous and malignant tumour on this wonderfull sport that i love

Abbo

by Abbo » 24 Sep 2006 20:37

It's disgusting that people should use violence over such a futile and meaningless matter such as football and football shirts.

No wonder the egg-chasing mob get treated better.

I just dont fundamentally understand it. I mean, it cant be brain cells or social depravation, otherwise Rugby League would be a bloodfest.

Why does football lack the safety valve that other passionate, popular sports have??

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Sep 2006 20:38

brendywendy it is, i believe, a cancerous and malignant tumour on this wonderfull sport that i love
nah

just a bunch of pack hound dick heads who couldn't handle a one on one

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 24 Sep 2006 20:38

skipper
alad That is football, if someone is stupid enough to wear a United shirt in the Reading stand then they're inciting trouble and asking for it.

Thats bollocks.

I won a radio compertition about 10 years ago, Swindon Vs. Reading, i sat in the home (swindon) crowd with my royals shirt AND cheerd when we scored, and didnt have a problem...

This shit shouldnt happen in the game, you SHOULD be allowed to walk about and be proud of your colours...

oxf*rd for the 2 years we played Man City i sat in the Royals home end with my mate in a City shirt and he never got any bother...

It's only 15 scumbags out of about 6,000 in the East Stand, not a bad ratio.

Sadly every team has some lowlifes in their fanbase.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 20:42

thats justthe 15 who could reach him

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 24 Sep 2006 20:44

Schards#2
skipper

Thats bollocks.

It's only 15 scumbags out of about 6,000 in the East Stand, not a bad ratio.

Sadly every team has some lowlifes in their fanbase.

A good ratio in comparison to other clubs, i just got pissed for a second, but in retrospect its not that bad, just a shame it has to marr our club... I how ever could sit next to any other supporter and have a nice chat over a bovril, and so will my boy! Long live the family aspect of the club!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Sep 2006 20:49

The way I see it - everyone takes a beating sometime.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 24 Sep 2006 21:05

Maguire The way I see it - everyone takes a beating sometime.

Are the 40 Stoke fans just out of shot?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Sep 2006 21:24

if you walk into any home end before a BIG game in the oppositon colours i guarantee you would get a slap 99 times out of 100..... FACT

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 24 Sep 2006 21:26

Sharpy if you walk into any home end before a BIG game in the oppositon colours i guarantee you would get a slap 99 times out of 100..... FACT

Someone said a City fan didn't last week, guess that wasn't a big game :mrgreen:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Sep 2006 21:26

I agree with Schards and those that mentioned the role of the stewards.
I often smuggle a bottle of water into the ground by using my daughter's rucksack-the water comes in handy at sun-drenched games like yesterday(for drinking of course and not throwing).
It irks me that I have to do this as the only occasion I can remembr stuff being thrown on the pitch was that meat pie.

Next time Stewards have a look at what a person is wearing when he enters the East Stand and if it looks like a non-Reading shirt then deal with the matter in your normal "Treating Customers fairly" manner and don't worry if some harmless old git with a thirst might be smuggling in a small bottle of water.
BTW stewards Chelsea wear blue and Arsenal wear red but checkout this year's away kit for both before next month-you might just save somebody from getting a hammering and therefore be performing a useful function.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 24 Sep 2006 21:27

Sharpy if you walk into any home end before a BIG game in the oppositon colours i guarantee you would get a slap 99 times out of 100..... FACT

I don't think anyone's arguing with that reality, it's whether it's justified or not.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Sep 2006 21:27

Abbo I mean, it cant be brain cells or social depravation, otherwise Rugby League would be a bloodfest.

There is a lot of trouble at Rugby League games, it just doesn't tend to get publicised.

Have a look at a few RL message boards and you'll find plenty of people reporting violence at games.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Sep 2006 21:28

Jerry St Clair
Abbo I mean, it cant be brain cells or social depravation, otherwise Rugby League would be a bloodfest.

There is a lot of trouble at Rugby League games, it just doesn't tend to get publicised.

Have a look at a few RL message boards and you'll find plenty of people reporting violence at games.

due to its football type supporters, more of a working class background and supporters are segregated.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Sep 2006 21:50

skipper This shit shouldnt happen in the game, you SHOULD be allowed to walk about and be proud of your colours...
I agree, but as we don't live in a perfect world and know these things happen I think it's an extremely unwise and unsafe thing to do.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Sep 2006 22:37

just a bunch of pack hound dick heads who couldn't handle a one on one

215 posts