"This is real football"

215 posts
One Beer is never enough.

"This is real football"

by One Beer is never enough. » 24 Sep 2006 08:47

To the imbecile who decided to wear the the United away shirt in the East Stand - you were a fool, and your bruises are probably telling you that this morning. But you only appeared to be about 17 and will have learnt one of lifes lessons.

To the 15 or so adult CRETINS who decided to lump seven kinds of sh!t out of him for his stupidity, well done, I hope you all feel proud of yourselves and have told your war stories in the pub to your admiring mates. I hope the club uses the cctv from the concourse to identify you and dish out appropriate sanctions.

To the thug, who having been part of the group of cretins who followed the youth down the Y25 entrance to the stewards where he had sought sanctuary screaming abuse and trying to climb over children to get there, can I pass on the following message - hopefully you will read it yourself, otherwise perhaps someone who can read will relay it to you.

Being brave enough to join a group of 15 or so others and punching (I wont say fighting because it was hardly a fight) a kid is NOT real football as you screamed at me when I asked you to stop as it wasnt necessary for children to see all this - it is thuggery and criminal. As I re-iterate I hope the club imposes sanctions on you.

Secondly just because I had my four year old with me does not make me PLASTIC, neither does age make him so - I'm sure we could compare £oyaltly points and we would compare favourably.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Sep 2006 08:58

Hopefully STAR might read this and make sure that it is passed onto the club.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 24 Sep 2006 09:00

That is football, if someone is stupid enough to wear a United shirt in the Reading stand then they're inciting trouble and asking for it.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Sep 2006 09:02

I agree with him being feckin stupid, and asking for trouble, does not make it right tho.

Also sounds like the stewarding could have beena little bit better.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Sep 2006 09:02

ps your up early, got a match this morning?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Sep 2006 09:03

alad That is football, if someone is stupid enough to wear a United shirt in the Reading stand then they're inciting trouble and asking for it.

Do you really think that because someone dares to support a different football team in your vicinity that is "inciting trouble".

Grow up.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Sep 2006 09:08

Jerry St Clair
alad That is football, if someone is stupid enough to wear a United shirt in the Reading stand then they're inciting trouble and asking for it.

Do you really think that because someone dares to support a different football team in your vicinity that is "inciting trouble".

Grow up.

Sadly, just because something shouldn't incite trouble doesn't mean it won't.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 24 Sep 2006 09:16

well it's very silly...

will you wear an RFC away shirt in a home stand at Old Trafford on Dec 30?

No, thought not

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Sep 2006 09:22

Avon Royal
Jerry St Clair

Grow up.

I didn't say that. I totally agree that it's a very unwise thing to do, but that doesn't excuse it.

And I worry that we tend to legitimise acts of thuggery like this just because it happens at a football match.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Sep 2006 09:31

Jerry St Clair
Avon Royal
Jerry St Clair

Grow up.

I didn't say that. I totally agree that it's a very unwise thing to do, but that doesn't excuse it.

And I worry that we tend to legitimise acts of thuggery like this just because it happens at a football match.

I'm agreeing with you.

I think it's sad that the nature of a person's shirt can cause grown men to inflict violence upon them (it shouldn't) - but I'm not in the least bit surprised that it did.

Those who take part in, or glamourise, football violence are often compensating for something missing in their lives. That is why I feel pity for them as well as scorn.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 24 Sep 2006 09:43

I don't think punching the hell out of a kid or adult is responsible action, all you had to do was get a steward and he'd have been thrown out. Certainly not the image I'd like Reading FC fans to be assocaited with, we are a family club and people respect us for that not. I hope the club can identify the people involved too, and you get the bans you deserve.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Sep 2006 09:46

Bath Hoops I don't think punching the hell out of a kid or adult is responsible action, all you had to do was get a steward and he'd have been thrown out. Certainly not the image I'd like Reading FC fans to be assocaited with, we are a family club and people respect us for that not. I hope the club can identify the people involved too, and you get the bans you deserve.

It shouldn't be too difficult to identify those involved - will obviously have been caught on CCTV.

I agree that it would be nice to see the club take a tough stance on this one.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2006 09:49

When did this occur? Before the match, half time or after the game? It IS inexcusable. Yes, the kid was daft to wear his shirt, but it's no good moaning on another thread that Man U fans caused trouble when some of our so-called fans did the same thing. I'd be interested to find out who the guy was who called the other Reading fan a "plastic". We don't need scum like him associated with our club, in much the same way as we don't need those from last week who think it is their given right to insult ethnic minorities.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 24 Sep 2006 09:57

It occurred at about 5pm, between the bar and the Y25 entrance to the stand.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 24 Sep 2006 09:59

Royal Lady When did this occur? Before the match, half time or after the game? It IS inexcusable. Yes, the kid was daft to wear his shirt, but it's no good moaning on another thread that Man U fans caused trouble when some of our so-called fans did the same thing. I'd be interested to find out who the guy was who called the other Reading fan a "plastic". We don't need scum like him associated with our club, in much the same way as we don't need those from last week who think it is their given right to insult ethnic minorities.

Was it the incident before KO by Y25?
No need to drag the ethnic debate into this is there?! FFS!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Sep 2006 10:01

I am disappointed to here about this.

Firstly, the kid was stupid for wearing a United shirt in the home end (though I see Liverpool and Arsenal shirts on kids at almost every home game).

Secondly, it's disappointing that fans of RFC decided that a beating was what the lad deserved - a severe piss-taking should have sufficed.

Lastly, when you go to work on Monday, are you going to knock seven bells out of anyone who doesn't support Reading? Thought not. Why does it matter so much who people support? I work with a QPR fan, Chelsea fan and a Spurs fan (among others) and we don't fight everyday - we just have a laugh and poke fun.

GROW UP!

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 24 Sep 2006 11:17

I'd love to know why the stewards let him in.
They know that somebody wearing the away club's shirt in the home stands (particularly the more passionate parts) is going to lead to discontent amongst some, and while all the guy deserved was a bit of piss taking, and to be ejected considering his presence had incited an element of Reading's crowd to get physical with him.

The Steward's job is to look after fans safety.

They didn't look after the Man United fan's (by refusing him entry), and they didn't look after the wellbeing of younger Reading fans in the area (By helping create a hostile situation)

I imagine a lot of kids will have felt threatened by the situation that arose, which could have so easily have been prevented by stewards refusing him entry, or telling him to cover up his shirt and not to make his presence felt.
Last edited by Winchester Royal on 24 Sep 2006 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 24 Sep 2006 11:19

Absolutely right.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 24 Sep 2006 11:23

Peter Kay - Top of the To

Absolutely right.
So if he was getting beaten in front of your children you think that was the right action to undertake ? There should be no place for violence of any kind at football and people who take part in it should be banned. If the guy was stupid enough to wear the shirt then he should just have been thrown out of the ground, it did not need any violence and if you think that was the right course of action then I feel very sorry for you.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 24 Sep 2006 11:25

The stewards are to blame for letting someone with a United shirt into the East Stand, if one of us had gone into the away section with a Reading away shirt on then I would expect the same treatment.

215 posts