Move over Aldershot, hello Chelsea

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Move over Aldershot, hello Chelsea

by Jerry St Clair » 15 Oct 2006 09:55

Our new local rivals, or am I jumping the gun a bit?

Certainly all the ingredients are now there. I bet nearly all of us working in Reading will have to face a Chelsea fan at work on Monday. And I've no doubt there'll be a number of heated conversations going on around the town.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2006 09:58

Working in London I will have to face plenty. However, I am confident that I will receive backing from supporters of every other club. Chelsea are quite rightly more despised than ManU.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Oct 2006 10:03

I don't think I have ever been so hacked off about a team playing against us live in all my life. I even ran from my row down a few steps to the barrier in front, along with a couple of other people, to spit vitriol towards the diving Chelsea players. Utterly disgraceful and I will be telling this to the Chelsea fans in my office on Monday

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 15 Oct 2006 10:11

I got a text from a Chelsea supporting mate telling us how dirty Reading were and how much we cheated throughout the game. Asked how the 'foul' on Lamplard was a freekick, he said clear contact but nearly every pundit says it was a soft decision which he made the most of. He just would not admit his team were run about by little old Reading. I used to have alot of time for Chelsea back in the Zola, Lebeouf, Gullit etc. days after being brought up by a Chelsea supporter, but now i despise what they have become, not through jealously, but how they are ruining the English game. I would let people kick me for £80k a week and not cry or over exaggerate it. Dirty cheats the lot of them!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Oct 2006 10:20

Best disciplinary record in the country for the last 2 seasons and the best disciplinary record in the Premiership up to yesterday. So, yeah, obviously we're a dirty team.

Wouldn't call Chelsea rivals, I would now call them my most hated club though. Their attitude stinks. All the advantages that Abramovich gives them and they still feel the nead to cheat and act in the most unpleasant and cynical manner, just to win a football match....and then oxf*rd moan about it afterwards. As others have already said, if that's what is needed to win the Premiership, I never want to win it.

FORZA READING

by FORZA READING » 15 Oct 2006 10:52

iv got to do a speech on friday on something i really disagree with so any points about Lokomotiv Chelski are welcome (no this isnt a joke im bieng very serious about this i hate it so much i might get an A in english for once)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Oct 2006 10:56

RoyalBlue Chelsea are quite rightly more despised than ManU.

I'd have disagreed up until yesterday.

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 15 Oct 2006 11:03

Platypuss

I'll second that. I think I've just become an AnyoneButChelsea

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 11:20

When Arsenal and Man Utd were sharing the spoils for 10 years, we hated it, but there was always a grudging respect. I, for one, never felt that the wrong team won the league, but I have no respect for the way Chelsea conduct themselves.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 15 Oct 2006 11:42

Gatecrasher
Platypuss

I'll second that. I think I've just become an AnyoneButChelsea

Same here - I used to wish that anyone but Man Utd would win the league because of Ferguson's narrow-minded arrogance. Now, as old red nose seems to have slightly mellowed, it has become anyone but Chelsea.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 15 Oct 2006 11:48

I got a text from a Chelsea supporting mate telling us how dirty Reading were and how much we cheated throughout the game.

So did my Dad.

It wasn't even that 'dirty' a game. A few moments, a few late/rash tackles (Bikey's first), but nothing nasty or cynical.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 15 Oct 2006 12:30

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them as my old man supported them, but after yesterday, anyone but Chelsea.

The really disappointing thing, is all that money and they could have been the best team ever seen, instead of what they have become DIVERS.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Oct 2006 14:21

It's weird how being in the same league as teams can change your whole perspective on them..

United and Chelsea are scum compared to what I thought, and West Ham etc maybe aint as bad as we once though they were. My bloody was boiling yesterday, I just wanted to commit a violent act on someone Chelsea RAH.

Be interesting to see what other views we form of other teams in the coming months!! I hope Arsenal aint a bunch of bankers too.

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 16:57

Reading's game plan was to be physical yesterday and stop Chelsea from playing - now you're all moaning Mike Riley gave us lots of free kicks and most of them rightly so.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2006 17:00

Harold Reading's game plan was to be physical yesterday and stop Chelsea from playing - now you're all moaning Mike Riley gave us lots of free kicks and most of them rightly so.

Nothing like a moderate, unbiased viewpoint. There was hardly a bad challenge in the game. Even the Sidwell 'foul' that had Chelsea so enraged - his foot was only as high as Cole's.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 15 Oct 2006 17:04

Harold Reading's game plan was to be physical yesterday and stop Chelsea from playing - now you're all moaning Mike Riley gave us lots of free kicks and most of them rightly so.

Yeah right!

You're right, and all the pundits, newpapers, etc. are wrong. Reading physical - do me a favour!

I think we missed Convey's hard tackling :D

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 17:07

cmonurz

Nothing like a moderate, unbiased viewpoint. There was hardly a bad challenge in the game. Even the Sidwell 'foul' that had Chelsea so enraged - his foot was only as high as Cole's.

I'm not the one being blinded by the fact you're all disgruntled you lost. There was always going to be something to moan about in this game by all Reading fans if you lost. Whether it was diving (the most obvious excuse you guys would come up with) or something else.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Move over Aldershot, hello Chelsea

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2006 17:10

Jerry St Clair Our new local rivals, or am I jumping the gun a bit?

Certainly all the ingredients are now there. I bet nearly all of us working in Reading will have to face a Chelsea fan at work on Monday. And I've no doubt there'll be a number of heated conversations going on around the town.

Was that a joke?

Chelsea could not care less about us you tard. Why on earth would we be rivals with them?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2006 17:11

Harold
cmonurz

I'm not the one being blinded by the fact you're all disgruntled you lost. There was always going to be something to moan about in this game by all Reading fans if you lost. Whether it was diving (the most obvious excuse you guys would come up with) or something else.

Couldn't be more wrong - probably makes me 'plastic' but I don't think I have ever been less 'bothered' about a defeat. We expect to lose by 3 or 4, but in the end we gave the champions a good game.

How about sticking the point I made, that it wasn't a dirty game, and that what grates, as a Reading supporter not used to this pampered and protective Premiership world, is the pressure on the referee placed by Chelsea players for innocuous fouls, not least the Sidwell incident, where Sidders and Cole went at identical heights for the same ball!

kevan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by kevan » 15 Oct 2006 17:13

At last, a proper team to dislike - can we stop singing about swindon now?