On your Bikey

110 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

On your Bikey

by Man Friday » 15 Oct 2006 15:04

Coppell wasn't too impressed with Mr B getting sent off yesterday - just as we were in the ascendancy. Quite simply his needless sending off cost us the game. We threw away the advantage we had for nothing. At the time, I didn't think his second "challenge" deserved a card but having seen the replays, it did. First the short-pulling then the "accidental" trip. What a plonker. No wonder he was cross. He blew it for his team and cost us a point or three.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 15:09

Got to LOL though, booked, sent off or both in every RFC appearance. Fair play!! or not as the case may be! :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: On your Bikey

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2006 15:15

Man Friday Coppell wasn't too impressed with Mr B getting sent off yesterday - just as we were in the ascendancy. Quite simply his needless sending off cost us the game. We threw away the advantage we had for nothing. At the time, I didn't think his second "challenge" deserved a card but having seen the replays, it did. First the short-pulling then the "accidental" trip. What a plonker. No wonder he was cross. He blew it for his team and cost us a point or three.

Laughable. Bikey is a competitive and strong player who will pick up many more bookings for Reading, but I have seen enough to suggest he will be a top defender for us. He is still only 21 IIRC.

The insinuation that he cost us a goal or two is ridiculous. What cost us a goal was not getting a shot on target in the entire game, against a poorly performing Chelsea team.

Both in the case of Lampard's free-kick and Drogba's that saw Bikey sent-off, we saw examples of players knowing 'how' to get fouled, and when to go down.

Technically, the red card was correct, but imho, Riley is one of only a select number of referees who would have given it.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 15 Oct 2006 15:23

He knows Coppell gave him a second chance and he let him down. Did you see when the Chelsea guy on the bench was sent off (for holding onto the ball) Bikey was still hanging around in the tunnel.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 15 Oct 2006 15:23

Chelsea are masters of holding onto a 1-0 lead, with Bikey being sent probably made little difference to the result.

I think Bikey has a lot of potential and at this time is too eager to impress, if SC can tame him a little and he is given a few more months to adjust he will go onto to be a good player at Reading.

I dont think the Carp PL refs help tho.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 15 Oct 2006 15:51

Bikey was going ballistic when Riley showed him the red.I thought at one stage he was going to punch Rileys lights out but (un)fortunately Superman arrived in the nick of time to save Rileys and certainly Bikeys bacon.
Sir Steve looked massively unamused at all this and even went so far as to stroke his chin a bit faster as Bikey passed him.
I have the feeling that Sir Steve has a ruthless streak behind that mild mannered exterior and that indeed Bikeys days at the madhouse are numbered.Time will tell.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Oct 2006 15:54

Bikey going mad was just showmanship, no place for that at Reading, get shot of him now, waste of space IMHO

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 15:59

what a load of bollocks.

The second yellow was harsh IMO and should never have been given to a player already on one. Riley just took a dubious excuse to level the numbers once he saw we might actually get something from the game as aresult of the other sendig off.

Bikey did very little wrong in the game, bar not paying quite enough attention on the throw out and giving a couple of cheap freekicks away.

This thread screams scapegoat.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 15 Oct 2006 16:01

it was a harsh sending off,but am i right in thinking that he's now been sent off twice for us? not the sign of a good player

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 16:03

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL it was a harsh sending off,but am i right in thinking that he's now been sent off twice for us? not the sign of a good player

Once in a friendly. Once thanks to diving Chelsea players and a shit ref.

Hardly sackable. The over reaction is a joke.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 15 Oct 2006 16:17

Ian Royal
PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL it was a harsh sending off,but am i right in thinking that he's now been sent off twice for us? not the sign of a good player

Once in a friendly. Once thanks to diving Chelsea players and a shit ref.

Hardly sackable. The over reaction is a joke.

doesnt matter what type of game it was he head butted someone

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Oct 2006 16:17

A yellow is a yellw regardless of if already on one.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 15 Oct 2006 16:21

His second yellow card was laughable. Riley evened it up well. :roll:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 15 Oct 2006 16:23

If, we let him go we'll be short at the back. He's only 21, he'll learn.

Gregster

by Gregster » 15 Oct 2006 16:25

it was a harsh sending off,but am i right in thinking that he's now been sent off twice for us? not the sign of a good player

Were you one of the people calling for Sonko's head after the mistakes he kept making when he first came to us?

As far as I can remember Michael Meaker never got sent off for us. Was he a good player?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Oct 2006 16:31

mikels second was also debatable, no one here seems to be saying that he should have stayed on.

Bikey was stupid, and while this did not cost us points we would have had more chance had we had 11 on the field of play.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 15 Oct 2006 16:33

earley_royals His second yellow card was laughable. Riley evened it up well. :roll:

Shirt pulling was one of the things that the FA and UEFA targeted this year and Ref's were instucted to issue yellow cards for it.

However as mentioned earlier, far worse example went unpunished yesterday. :evil:

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 15 Oct 2006 16:35

Im Spartacus
earley_royals His second yellow card was laughable. Riley evened it up well. :roll:

Shirt pulling was one of the things that the FA and UEFA targeted this year and Ref's were instucted to issue yellow cards for it.

However as mentioned earlier, far worse example went unpunished yesterday. :evil:

I thought it was more for the 'trip' myself even though it they Drogba just seemed to catch Bikey's leg as he ran across him.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 15 Oct 2006 16:38

Typical football fans. Something doesn't go right, look for the scapegoat. Bikey's second yellow was harsh IMO however he was naive enough to tug back Drogba when he missed the challenge and then, whether accidental or not, tripped him. With a referee such as Riley you're running the risk of being sent off if that happens. Bikey showed some good signs yesterday, he was strong, showed some good touches, and only one moment of sleepiness nearly cost us in the 1st half. But to blame the defeat on one player? If that's the case why doesn't anyone blame Doyle for missing from 6 yards out yesterday? :?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 15 Oct 2006 16:40

The 17 Bus mikels second was also debatable, no one here seems to be saying that he should have stayed on.
Bikey was stupid, and while this did not cost us points we would have had more chance had we had 11 on the field of play.

I'm sorry? Debatable?! For christ's sake a blatant rugby tackle when we're about to launch potentially a dangerous counterattack? It was a cynical foul designed to stop a man in his tracks with no attempt to play the ball at all. No debate in my book.

110 posts