Sidwell staying....?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 10 Nov 2006 17:48

alot of unfair critisim of Sidders here, he never said he was bigger than the club or that he wanted out of the club soon as, like someone else said on here "he just wants to be paid what he feels he's worth" if the club don't agree with his valuation he won't sign a new contract, as has happened so far. no one has done anything wrong, club or player!

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 10 Nov 2006 17:56

Drew_3 alot of unfair critisim of Sidders here, he never said he was bigger than the club or that he wanted out of the club soon as, like someone else said on here "he just wants to be paid what he feels he's worth" if the club don't agree with his valuation he won't sign a new contract, as has happened so far. no one has done anything wrong, club or player!

incorrect! Sidders has a plan to dangle himself in front RFC and any other employers. then he'll see what he wants to do. Sidders STAY FOR MICHAEL'S SAKE

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 10 Nov 2006 22:58

Don Finch Sidwell's had a couple of off games recently but him and Sonks have been our best two players thus far, even Superman has had a couple of iffy performances of late. We've been playing the best sides in the country, 'we' being a Championship side still. I think if you swap Harper for a better defensive midfielder then Sidwell would shine, you can't look good every week when the players around you are struggling too. I'm praying that Sidwell signs because we won't get anyone in as good as him.

Mostly agree. I think that in a lot of games - most recently Portsmouth - Sidwell was having to do Harper's job as well. Sidwell hasn't looked out of place in the Prem in any game, even if he hasn't looked at his best in the recent matches.

I'd prefer him to stay beyond the end of the season, but if his performances over the course of this season keep us up, then he won't owe us anything.

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 11 Nov 2006 07:00

soggy biscuit f**k him. He thought he was too good for Reading in the summer so why let him walk all over us now, accept a lesser bid from a lower division club and watch him play out the next season or 2 in League 1 for Crewe or someone.

i think that's an acceptable initial reaction, and i can't say i don't agree, however it wouldn't be fair to say that he's not allowed to even look around. we could obviously use him again

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 11 Nov 2006 08:17

If we are almost safe then sell him in January, we need players that want to play for RFC, am I right in thinking it is only Sidwell that wanted a better offer, Marcus is also out of contract in the summer, but he just gets on with it.

If he wants to be a star and reported all the time in the media let him do it elsewhere.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Nov 2006 11:39

On BBCB last night Marcus did make a number of hints about his contract and how unsettling it was that it ran out at the end of he year......

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Nov 2006 13:05

I hope he stays but, as long as we stay up, I think we'll be the best offer he's likely to get unless money is his only consideration.

I'm sure Sidwell will get offers from the likes of Charlton and Man City but he's not even close to pulling up enough trees to see the big boys offering the big bucks he clearly feels he's worth.

Frankly, as things stand I'm not even convinced that Sidwell would be a certain starter for us should we do well in the transfer window and, given that RFC will not pay over the odds, he may come to regret turning down what was on the table last summer :?

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 11 Nov 2006 13:20

Woodcote Royal I hope he stays but, as long as we stay up, I think we'll be the best offer he's likely to get unless money is his only consideration.

I'm sure Sidwell will get offers from the likes of Charlton and Man City but he's not even close to pulling up enough trees to see the big boys offering the big bucks he clearly feels he's worth.

Frankly, as things stand I'm not even convinced that Sidwell would be a certain starter for us should we do well in the transfer window and, given that RFC will not pay over the odds, he may come to regret turning down what was on the table last summer :?

100% AGREED, i worried that if he does stay he won't have the chance to play because we may end up buying players in transfer window, so he'll be a member of the reserves, which in actual fact would be waste of great talent. Although he only scores once in every full moon or what have you he needs to stay though.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Nov 2006 15:08

Dirk Gently On BBCB last night Marcus did make a number of hints about his contract and how unsettling it was that it ran out at the end of he year......

marcus has one year to the end of this year, and the club havee the option to give him another year HTH

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 11 Nov 2006 15:13

gazzer, loyal royal
Dirk Gently On BBCB last night Marcus did make a number of hints about his contract and how unsettling it was that it ran out at the end of he year......

marcus has one year to the end of this year, and the club havee the option to give him another year HTH

WEll i'm sure that marcus would want to stay another year. at least if we give him another 1 year deal, then he'll show Sidders how to do it. Sidders might get the hint and then sign another contract.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 12 Nov 2006 15:30

soggy biscuit f**k him. He thought he was too good for Reading in the summer so why let him walk all over us now, accept a lesser bid from a lower division club and watch him play out the next season or 2 in League 1 for Crewe or someone.

:lol:

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 12 Nov 2006 15:53

well i appreciated that second goal today, so that gives him points with me

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Nov 2006 17:57

E. Andrew well i appreciated that second goal today, so that gives him points with me

Even if Doyle should have nodded it in, though fair do's BBc Berks said Sidwell was having a great game.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 12 Nov 2006 20:34

Its up to Hammond and Coppell now.

PS - all you Muppets who think he should leave now - what planet are you on?.

He was our best player today (although everyone played great) and will continue to be our best ball winner.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Nov 2006 16:07

Greenwich Royal
Steve Sidwell LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! My contract's up at the end of this season and I still want out of here. Offer Reading a few £million in January and I'm yours - don't wait till the summer when everyone else is after me. C'mon Arsene you know you want me back...
PS. In case you didn't know - I've got a family so I need to be paid at least £20k/week to look after them properly.

Won't be going anywhere in January unless someone desperate offers silly money.

[quote="Nick Hammond in the Evening Post"]“I am hopeful we might do a deal with Steve Sidwell. Whatever happens he won’t leave this club if it’s of no benefit to us, so I don’t see him leaving in January.â€

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Nov 2006 16:29

Binfield Royal Its up to Hammond and Coppell now.

PS - all you Muppets who think he should leave now - what planet are you on?.

He was our best player today (although everyone played great) and will continue to be our best ball winner.

So "everyone played great" but we should all be bricking it at the thought of Sidwell leaving.............................I only see one muppet here.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Nov 2006 00:56

You know, I think he is going to sign a new contract.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 21 Nov 2006 00:19

readingfc.co.uk Sidwell gets into the box

looks painful :shock:

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 21 Nov 2006 01:17

I LOVE U STEVE PLEASE SIGN!!!!!!

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 21 Nov 2006 02:05

Hoop Blah Hasn't he always said this though? It's just another non-story surely.

What he really means is, "I want Reading to come back and pay me what I'm demanding. I don't care who I play for as long as they pay me."

We matched the £18,000 he was asking for then he wanted more