Kitson back in full training. Or not.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 14 Nov 2006 13:23

SC has rushed Kitson back in the past but this time round, I hope and expect him to be 100% cautious. I have great belief that Kitson who has scored constantly in League 2, League 1 and at Championship level will be a big success in the Premiership, and needs the cotton wool treatment. Over December, we got a busy schedule and need everyone fit.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Nov 2006 13:31

RG30 SC has rushed Kitson back in the past but this time round, I hope and expect him to be 100% cautious. I have great belief that Kitson who has scored constantly in League 2, League 1 and at Championship level will be a big success in the Premiership, and needs the cotton wool treatment. Over December, we got a busy schedule and need everyone fit.

The owner reason I can see Kitson coming back is his own eagerness to play.

He must be so gutted, not only to have had a bad injury that has kept him out so long, but one caused by a very bad challenge by a fellow 'Pro'. Only having played half a game in the premiership all season whilst watching us struggle in some games with no big target man must be so frustrating. I hope it doesnt lead him into telling a few pork pies about how well he feels if he is not 100%

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 14 Nov 2006 13:31

Chaney
Royal Rother Before the start of the season I thought Lita would prove more capable than Kitson in the Premiership, and doubted Kitson could hack it against top defenders.

Now I can't wait for him to come back.

C'mon Ginge!

Racist :wink:

Surely that should be Hairist :wink: :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Nov 2006 13:34

RG30 SC has rushed Kitson back in the past but this time round, I hope and expect him to be 100% cautious.

I suspect Kitson has been the real culprit in that respect. His eagerness to get back to playing probably leads to him telling Jon Fearn and SC a few porkies about his level of fitness.

fruits

by fruits » 14 Nov 2006 13:36

RG30 SC has rushed Kitson back in the past but this time round, I hope and expect him to be 100% cautious. I have great belief that Kitson who has scored constantly in League 2, League 1 and at Championship level will be a big success in the Premiership, and needs the cotton wool treatment. Over December, we got a busy schedule and need everyone fit.

Hopefully the management have learnt their lesson and will ease him back gently.

Agree with the other poster who said it is a great bonus for us ,but we must continue our search for a football holding striker, someone who can hold up play and pass a ball. Just pray that Kits will stay fit for several seasons and become a legend in the Prem, chances are that sooner rather than later he will be injured again and be out for 3 months.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson back in full training

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Nov 2006 14:10

Stranded He will be wearing a yellow bib for a couple of days which means the rest of the players can't go in hard with them

Will that work for league games as well?

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 14 Nov 2006 14:44

Doyle will look brilliant again when Kits is back. Well, even more brilliant.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Nov 2006 14:54

HighburyRoyale Doyle will look brilliant again when Kits is back. Well, even more brilliant.

As will Lita.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Nov 2006 16:34

[quote="The EP"]Training return has Kitson jumping for joy
Dave Kitson will take a giant step towards making a comeback this week when he joins in full training for the first time in nearly three months.

Royals’ leading scorer for the last two seasons has been sidelined since the opening day of the campaign after suffering a knee injury in the 3-2 victory over Middlesbrough.

And Kitson told the Evening Post: “I will up the tempo today with some running and then look to join in fully on Thursday.

Advertisementyour story continues below
“That will definitely be a big day for me. I am absolutely over the moon and looking forward to it with excitement and nervousness.

“I’ll have to wear the yellow bib which means no one can tackle me. When someone is just coming back from injury that person is immune to any nasty stuff to allow him to get back into it.

“I’ll see how that goes and then I’ll be fair game after that!

“It’s like signing for a new club again. Since I’ve been injured I hardly see my team-mates because they are out training.

“All footballers say they miss the banter when they retire. I have missed it just being injured, so God knows what I’ll do when I retire – probably hang myself!â€

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 14 Nov 2006 16:38

That Friday Feeling
HighburyRoyale Doyle will look brilliant again when Kits is back. Well, even more brilliant.

As will Lita.

Only in some people's eyes!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Nov 2006 16:42

aawwww lay off him

hes done ok in tough circumstances this eseason, and will repay me for my faith in him with a hat full of goals by xmas

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Nov 2006 17:12

[quote="The EP"]“All footballers say they miss the banter when they retire. I have missed it just being injured, so God knows what I’ll do when I retire – probably hang myself!â€

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Nov 2006 17:18

Good news, but i think we will still be on the look out for another striker.

If we're succesful, I have the feeling Leroy will be on his way in January.

Are you allowed to wear those yellow bibs for Sunday morning games?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Nov 2006 18:28

Stranded He will be wearing a yellow bib for a couple of days which means the rest of the players can't go in hard with them
I expect the Chelsea goalkeeper will be wearing one of those when we go to Stamford Bridge.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Nov 2006 13:23

Stranded According to the EP today, Kitson is back in full training this week. He will be wearing a yellow bib for a couple of days which means the rest of the players can't go in hard with them but hopes to be taking a more usual part by Thursday.

Great news and hope it all goes well for him, could be back before Xmas if it does, will be like having a new signing when he's fully back.

Link

Reading Chronical quoting Dave Kitson "I'll wear a red bib warning the others not to tackle me but it's a step in the right direction.

Eww, Dave - go with the yellow bib. You'll clash horribly with the red.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 16 Nov 2006 14:36

Spoke to Kitson outside the hotel on Sunday, asked about his injury, and he said he should be back in a couple of weeks.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 16 Nov 2006 16:29

[quote="Barry the bird boggler"][quote="The EP"]Training return has Kitson jumping for joy
Dave Kitson will take a giant step towards making a comeback this week when he joins in full training for the first time in nearly three months.

Royals’ leading scorer for the last two seasons has been sidelined since the opening day of the campaign after suffering a knee injury in the 3-2 victory over Middlesbrough.

And Kitson told the Evening Post: “I will up the tempo today with some running and then look to join in fully on Thursday.

Advertisementyour story continues below
“That will definitely be a big day for me. I am absolutely over the moon and looking forward to it with excitement and nervousness.

“I’ll have to wear the yellow bib which means no one can tackle me. When someone is just coming back from injury that person is immune to any nasty stuff to allow him to get back into it.

“I’ll see how that goes and then I’ll be fair game after that!

“It’s like signing for a new club again. Since I’ve been injured I hardly see my team-mates because they are out training.

“All footballers say they miss the banter when they retire. I have missed it just being injured, so God knows what I’ll do when I retire – probably hang myself!â€

football101

by football101 » 16 Nov 2006 18:06

Barry the bird boggler

Will that work for league games as well?

YES. If he replaces Hehnemann in the starting 11. :P

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 16 Nov 2006 20:55

That is brilliant news.
Still need a striker, though.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 16 Nov 2006 21:04

Schards#2 Saw him in the hotel after the game Saturday and he was moving very gingerly (no pun intended) just standing up and sitting down.

I'll be surprised if he's back this year.

Really? No wonder he was having trouble standing up, spending too much time at that hotel bar by the sounds of it.... Not even on matchdays!