fLOLoyd_streete

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Nov 2006 15:22

mzungu_royal
handbags_harris Like all players, they all have their flaws. Sidwell's passing, Harper's tackling, Sonko's distrubution, USA's recent handling, Lita's perceived laziness. So why is Hunty getting more stick than in my mind is warranted?

Finally, someone has actually a decent question. everyone has their flaws yet Hunty always seems to have soo much flack.

a) is it because he's a marked man with the refs?
b) is it because he accidentally fouled Cech?

i would like some answers.

Simple. It is because people have made up their minds about him and have now closed them to any further consideration.

Shame on them.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Nov 2006 15:25

Spot on RR.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: fLOLoyd_streete

by floyd__streete » 19 Nov 2006 15:55

Jerry St Clair
fLOLoyd_streete Stephen Hunt really isn't good enough to start Premiership games.

Normally, floyd, you are spot on, but you should get out the tomato sauce, tuck your napkin into your shirt and EAT THOSE WORDS tonight!.

Hmm, still not 100% convinced to be fair JSC. That woeful shanked cross in the early stages, that free header well over the bar. Nice bakcheel to set up the opener, but it was still a magnificent ball in from Shorey - would Hunt have been capable of delivering such a good ball as Shorey consistently has done for us, as Little has consistently done for us?.

Reading fans have always taken to a trier and I am very appreciative of his work ethic. But does he have the quality for this level? I am not sure.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Nov 2006 15:58

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Floyd_streete you and your x factor panel on your row are hilarious, i swear you watch the wrong game, The Lad in front of me the one who looks like a mole who has been on the pies is a complete 1st class idiot, all he does is moan. Especially about Hunt..and more hilariously about Seol being lazy..i suggest he has a hard look at himself if hes telling others he is lazy

I speak for myself and myself only, what others think is their opinion - I do not think that Seol is lazy just because someone I know sat two seats to my right thinks so. All about opinions isn't it? Why not offer yours to the contrary if you are sat in such close, mute proximity to views you disagree with.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Nov 2006 15:59

handbags_harris Like all players, they all have their flaws. Sidwell's passing, Harper's tackling, Sonko's distrubution, USA's recent handling, Lita's perceived laziness. So why is Hunty getting more stick than in my mind is warranted?

Hunt playing on the wing, his main objective should be to deliver consistently good service to the centre-forwards. I don't think that he provides that consistent service.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 19 Nov 2006 16:02

floyd__streete

Hunt playing on the wing, his main objective should be to deliver consistently good service to the centre-forwards. I don't think that he provides that consistent service.

I still think he'd better in the center as an attacking midfielder. Unfortunately that sticks him back on the bench..

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Nov 2006 16:37

floyd__streete

If a Reading player provided consistently good service to the front men do you think they'd be at this club for any length of time? The main objective of a winger is, you're right, providing that service to the front men, but the game isn't as primitive as that floyd, and you of all people should know that. A midfield player needs a defensive side to his game, even more so in the top league. Convey's defensive game is not particularly great, Seol's is pretty much non existant. Stephen Hunt's is markedly better than Seol's or Convey's, and he is also capable of providing good service to the front men, even if it's not necessarily consistent. It's all about finding the happy medium, and I believe Hunt at this moment in time provides it.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Nov 2006 16:38

If a Reading player provided consistently good service to the front men do you think they'd be at this club for any length of time?

We still know our place

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Nov 2006 12:19

Royal Rother
mzungu_royal

Finally, someone has actually a decent question. everyone has their flaws yet Hunty always seems to have soo much flack.

Simple. It is because people have made up their minds about him and have now closed them to any further consideration.

Shame on them.

Like you have about Leroy Lita? Shame on you. :roll:

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 20 Nov 2006 12:32

SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother
mzungu_royal

Shame on them.

Like you have about Leroy Lita? Shame on you. :roll:

Like you have about the entire population of France? Shame on you 60,656,178 times. :roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Nov 2006 12:33

Very amusing, Riseley.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 20 Nov 2006 12:37

'Convey's defensive game is not particularly great, Seol's is pretty much non existant'.

I agree with Convey's defensive abilities which he does need to work on, but its not the be all and end all to have defensive qualities as thats not what they are there for. Incidentally where has the lazy tag for Seol come from?? He covers a lot of the pitch and I seem to remember he bust a gut when we had 10 men against Villa. I feel that Coppell will look to Convey once again when he is fit- as its looks like the injury put him back a bit this season anyway.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Nov 2006 12:46

PieEater Hunt 200% effort, 2% skill. He could of scored 4 today.

The only consolation is that BC would not have done any better.

Confirmation that many on here no f*ck all about football. :roll:

18urz71

by 18urz71 » 20 Nov 2006 13:07

I disagree, i think Convey's defensive side is pretty good, and much improved since he joined. I remember at Wolves away last year, he ran across the pitch to chase a player down, and then put in a great sliding tackle. Obviously we haven't seen the best of him yet this season.

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 20 Nov 2006 13:09

well said HH , im with you on this one.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 20 Nov 2006 13:30

Hunty's slowly winning me over. He is a bit of a paradox - he's a workaholic who chases lost causes, sometimes does great things and then screws up 'simple' things.

I don't know how anybody can say he's not skillful - you obviously haven't watched his ball-juggling at half-time when he's on the bench. But he's lacking in his first touch and his delivery is inconsistent to say the least. I'm beginning to think that this is down to him wanting to do things at 100mph - he didn't have a huge amount of Championship playing time and now he's playing in the Prem. Obviously the pressure's on and he needs time to grow into the role - I think he's doing that.

Having said that crossing the ball is not his strong point so if you want an out-and-out winger then Convey will be first choice, but I think Coppell will still pick Hunt when he wants to close the opposition midfield down.

purleyroyal

by purleyroyal » 20 Nov 2006 13:38

Gordons Cumming
PieEater Hunt 200% effort, 2% skill. He could of scored 4 today.

The only consolation is that BC would not have done any better.

Confirmation that many on here no f*ck all about football. :roll:

nor Maths, nor English :lol:

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 20 Nov 2006 13:41

Hunt is clearly the new Andy Hughes, just without the nobhead Manc personality.

That cross in the first half was woeful - as me and Maguire remarked, if you scored 6 goals in a game, won the lottery and woke up with Keira Knightley, you'd still be thinking about that cross.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 20 Nov 2006 13:51

handbags_harris
floyd__streete

If a Reading player provided consistently good service to the front men do you think they'd be at this club for any length of time? The main objective of a winger is, you're right, providing that service to the front men, but the game isn't as primitive as that floyd, and you of all people should know that. A midfield player needs a defensive side to his game, even more so in the top league. Convey's defensive game is not particularly great, Seol's is pretty much non existant. Stephen Hunt's is markedly better than Seol's or Convey's, and he is also capable of providing good service to the front men, even if it's not necessarily consistent. It's all about finding the happy medium, and I believe Hunt at this moment in time provides it.

Spot on. He got his place in the team through Convey's injury and at the moment he fully deserves to keep it. Terrific on Saturday, less so last week against Spurs. He's one of those tigerish sometimes brilliant, sometimes inept players who I guess is as much a pain to play with as against.

What I find the most baffling is those people questioning his ability to step up a level. He doesn't have the consistency of a Giggs or Pederson or the technical ability and skill of a Robben or Ronaldo, but this season he's proved himself a reasonable Premiership winger, every bit as good (or bad) as someone like Downing for example.

The real question is whether Convey is capable of making the same step-up. Brilliant last season, hugely instrumental in our promotion, he looked lost at the World Cup, poor at the beginning of this season and unlike Little we've not really missed him. Let's hope his trip back home has restored both his health and confidence, because an on-song, in-form Convey would make our Premiership status a whole lot more certain.