Back from the non event

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hughsies no.1

Back from the non event

by hughsies no.1 » 09 Dec 2006 18:14

just got back, watford played boring long ball football, and we thought we could counter it by playing the same way too. glad we got a point, in the first half we looked in a bit of bother. shorey was the player who stood out for me most today. would have liked to have seen little earlier but if he was fit coppell would have started him so hopefully next week we will have murts and little back because they are so important to the structure of how we play. Cant see watford staying up atall and thank fu*k i aint a watford fan because watching that style of play every week would probably put me off football!! overall a pretty poor match. but i got very dissapointed with people slating coppell around me telling him to do his job etc. there pathetic!!

urz

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 09 Dec 2006 18:22

Not sure why you guys had the need to copy us really...you have good attacking players and a striker in form.

We don't sadly.

Cannot believe some 'fans' were moaning about Coppell but then I guess you get those who think just because their team is an excellent 6th (or whatever) then it should be 3 points each game...

:roll:

Good luck for the future lads.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2006 21:33

Super_horns Not sure why you guys had the need to copy us really...you have good attacking players and a striker in form.

Unfortunately we do not have the personnel for the long ball trash we saw today.....from both teams. Oster literally doesn't have the physique for the fight and our two diddy men upfront were hardly going to win any headers against De Merett and Shittu were they?

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 09 Dec 2006 21:43

The two best moves all game came from us playing the ball on the ground.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 Dec 2006 21:46

Farnborough Royal The two best moves all game came from us playing the ball on the ground.

sorry must have missed them I was asleep at the time

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2006 21:53

Farnborough Royal The two best moves all game came from us playing the ball on the ground.

The best move all afternoon was Handbags_Harris getting through the crowd scene in Mack's bar early doors to purchase a much needed pint of Guinness for myself. Great work.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2006 21:53

I was happy with a point today given the players we had out, but no offence to the Watford fan, if we'd played a half decent team today we'd have got thrashed. Hahnemann has to improve his distribution and yes, it was me who was screaming 'throw it Hahnemann!!!!' when you half turned round Marcus if you read this, do something about it.

Hunt was poor at Newcastle and equally poor today after a run of decent performances. The guy tries, but we need to have better players than him to come in I'm afraid, he just isn't good enough.

Bikey looked shakey and frequently worried me as he got roasted several times and couldn't pass to save his life. Hopefully this was a one-off though.

I was very disappointed with Lita, who had looked decent in his last few sub appearances. Yes, he didn't get much service, but neither did Doyle. At least Doyle was playing to the whistle, challenging and putting in 100%. I'm afraid it looks like his attitude still hasn't improved and I'll be glad to see a striker or two come in in January.

All of that said, I'm very glad we got a point as I wasn't expecting much with the injuries we picked up the other night, along with the continued absences of Kits and Convey. Hopefully we can have Murts, Seol and Little fully fit for next Saturday and they can come into the team for a tough game against Blackburn.

Also, what a set of results today!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Dec 2006 21:53

Got back an hour ago. It was pretty poor, but a 0-0 is not bad to get us back on track. Hunt was terrible today. And why did Little only come on with 2 mins to go? pointless. Doyle was very innafective aswell. Boring Boring Watford.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 09 Dec 2006 22:22

My little one sat there with his head in his hands at one point. Says it all really.

He even reminded me he had his boots on.

Cheers to the two chaps who kindly swapped seats with us so he could look down the walkway and see more of the game. Much appreciated. As was the offer of swapping by the chaps in front.

I quite enjoyed the comment I overheard as we walked back through the graveyard...."Could have sat here all afternoon. We'd have seen more action". :lol:

First game that the tops have been taken off my lads drink. A bit ironic really as I had my perfume bottle in my bag too with a much larger lid on it but that was OK apparantly..... :roll:

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 09 Dec 2006 23:22

LoyalRoyal22 pointless. . Boring Boring Watford.

We look boring because our defence is ok but we just cannot or look like scoring..unlike last season.

:(

Even though you lads may have been below par I still thought you'd nick a goal.

Somebody said why didn't our manager make any positive changes...we were thinking that too!

Oh well at least there were some good goals to watch on MOTD!

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 09 Dec 2006 23:51

My man of the match today was Glen Little. Not sure what the others were doing. But..... sh*t happens and sometimes a side just will not perform well. Today was one of those days.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 09 Dec 2006 23:52

My man of the match today was Glen Little. Not sure what the others were doing. But..... sh*t happens and sometimes a side just will not perform well. Today was one of those days.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Dec 2006 02:07

I just could not work out Watford's game plan, we were there for the taking today. A couple of injuries tough game in midweek and yet when they defended our set pieces they bought all 11 men back behind the ball?
Having said that we were not much better lumping balls up to Lita who had no chance against Shittu. A complete waste of £30 at least it was a short trip home.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 10 Dec 2006 08:57

Jackson Corner A couple of injuries tough game in midweek and yet when they defended our set pieces they bought all 11 men back behind the ball?
short trip home.

We did that last season as well quite a bit for some reason but could break quickly with King using his pace.

royals pete

by royals pete » 10 Dec 2006 09:54

poor game yes !

But, would anyone swap places with other fans.

Charlton may have looked 'nice' on MOTD

West Ham tried at Bolton

Fulham tried at Liverpool

Blackburnwere at home to a lower team

And what happened...they all got stuffed.

1 POINT for Reading...that'll do. Gives all those others more to do

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Dec 2006 10:48

ShrewsandRoyals First game that the tops have been taken off my lads drink. A bit ironic really as I had my perfume bottle in my bag too with a much larger lid on it but that was OK apparantly..... :roll:

Yep - and first match I've been searched at all season. The stewards outside seemed unusually thorough for what was a low profile, run of the mill match.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 10 Dec 2006 11:02

Dirk Gently
ShrewsandRoyals First game that the tops have been taken off my lads drink. A bit ironic really as I had my perfume bottle in my bag too with a much larger lid on it but that was OK apparantly..... :roll:

Yep - and first match I've been searched at all season. The stewards outside seemed unusually thorough for what was a low profile, run of the mill match.

I saw a couple of police horses in the town...maybe they got you confused with Cardiff or someone.

:roll: :shock:

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1