Poll, a disgrace

103 posts
starbug

Poll, a disgrace

by starbug » 16 Dec 2006 19:07

Was it my Royal tinted spectacles or did that w@^|3r do his utmost to give every foul in Blackburn's favour, for the slightest of infringements at that. At the same time denying us any free kicks in their half ?

And why the hell didn't he book the Blackburn player for diving after Sonko fell over behind him in the penalty area ?!

I truly couldn't believe his performance today, why does he hate us so ?

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 16 Dec 2006 19:09

He was better than most referees we've had this season.

You're just using Poll as an excuse for why we lost.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Dec 2006 19:09

I've got no complaints with Poll, so yes, it is you.

And why the hell didn't he book the Blackburn player for diving after Sonko fell over behind him in the penalty area ?!

because he didn't dive - he was brought down, but only 'cos Sonks fell and clipped him -0 no intent, no penalty, no dive.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 16 Dec 2006 19:10

He gave us a lot in the first half, and gave Blackburn a lot in the second.
Might be something to do with the fact that we were better in the first half, and they were in the second, but Poll's refereeing was nothing to do with the final score.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 16 Dec 2006 19:10

He didnt have a bad game tbh. And it wasnt a dive.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 16 Dec 2006 19:17

Did anyone get a good view of our (quite loud) penalty shout when it was 1-1 and Doyle (I think) was clipped in the box but Poll gave the decision the other way. I was in the South Stand so didn't see it clearly.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 16 Dec 2006 19:22

Think you mean Sidwell. and it was outside the box.

My view was that Sidwell got 'squizzed' off the ball & ended up stumbling on to the back of a defender. Decision could have gone either way.

Poll had an OKish game today i thought. The biggest wrong decision of the game went in our favour.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Dec 2006 19:29

earley_royals He was better than most referees we've had this season.

You're just using Poll as an excuse for why we lost.

I disagree

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Dec 2006 19:29

Poll I thought had a distinctly average at best game today, but that is not the reason we lost. Yes, he gave us a lot in the first half (although quite how he failed to give a free kick on the left edge of the area after Doyle had been brought down by Ooijer I don't know. Sonko had a penalty given against him at Villa for exactly the same thing). He also gave Blackburn a lot in the 2nd half, some of which I felt he got wrong. But he's not the scapegoat for our defeat. That buck stops with Coppell for completely failing to counteract our overrun midfield in the 2nd half.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Dec 2006 19:31

AndyRFC He didnt have a bad game tbh. And it wasnt a dive.

:lol: it actually was, i saw tv replays on the net. It was a discrace to football.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Dec 2006 19:33

LoyalRoyal22
AndyRFC He didnt have a bad game tbh. And it wasnt a dive.

:lol: it actually was, i saw tv replays on the net. It was a discrace to football.

I also thought it was a dive at first, however haven't seen it on tv so can't comment. Even Rovers fans are saying it was a blatant dive and has no place in their side.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 16 Dec 2006 19:33

Tony Le Mesmer Think you mean Sidwell. and it was outside the box.

My view was that Sidwell got 'squizzed' off the ball & ended up stumbling on to the back of a defender. Decision could have gone either way.

Poll had an OKish game today i thought. The biggest wrong decision of the game went in our favour.

Not sure about either way, ours or nothing. How he managed to end up with Blackburns freekick, i'll never know.

On the other hand, consistancey could be a problem. Remember Murtys kick on the face in the first half (genuine 50 50), but in the second, Seol and A N Other, both high feet with a 50 50, Blackburns ball both times (neither time did either get clipped).

Other than these two things in hind sight I think he was correct on most other decisions. I usually tend to appeal for anything anyway :oops:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2006 19:48

Tony Le Mesmer Think you mean Sidwell. and it was outside the box.

So why a free kick awarded at all?

And whilst we are on the issue of freekicks being denied, why no foul when Hunt was sandwiched by two defenders on the edge of the box with neither defender touching the ball? Why no freekick when the lazy bottle job Seol (not my choice of words!) neatly slipped the ball past his marker on the edge of the box only to be body checked?

And yes, I think *rsehole Poll also got their penalty claim wrong.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Poll, a disgrace

by Avon Royal » 16 Dec 2006 19:59

starbug Was it my Royal tinted spectacles or did that w@^|3r do his utmost to give every foul in Blackburn's favour, for the slightest of infringements at that. At the same time denying us any free kicks in their half ?

I truly couldn't believe his performance today, why does he hate us so ?

There's a good discussion of this on http://www.clutchingatstraws.com/forum

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Dec 2006 20:09

Poll was actually spot-on with most of his decisions today.

apart from Hunty's run ....which ended up with the Irishman getting sandwiched (with a shot on) in the second half just outside the box.

His Linesmen were pretty good...

three non-goals due to offside

muted..........."worse than Graham Poll"

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 16 Dec 2006 20:14

i actully thourght he did quite well in the first half, but had a shocking second half, (bit like the team really) :(

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Dec 2006 20:26

Poll was pretty good today.

I watched the game on 'net and thought it was a definite dive. (They showed it a few times and there certainly didn't appear to be any clipping of heels at all.)

Didn't think Hunt or Sidwell were hard done by in the claims for fouls referred to earlier.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 16 Dec 2006 20:29

i'm not normally a fan of Mr Poll but today i thought he did ok. have to agrre with the previous post that we didn't bother turning up for the second half. really hope that it's a blip and some of the players are not going to start to believe the hype

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Dec 2006 20:36

AthleticoSpizz three non-goals due to offside

after his hat-trick of disallowed "goals", did the linesman get to keep the flag after the match?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Dec 2006 20:58

I think that they deserved the "match ball"

Only one thing lost the game for us......US

26 points never enough

Sidwells dive was ahem a 50/50 challenge dive....never a foul

StarBugs......drink

103 posts