The last game you missed?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Dec 2006 20:56

Missed Charlton and Spurs at home :roll:
Last 'proper' missed game was Man City because I was on holiday.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 18 Dec 2006 21:50

Petercccccc wrote:
In actual fact I’m more hardcore 'cause I watch scores come up at the bottom of my telly for 100 minutes so FUK YOU.

LOL. Best moment of realising ones own obsessive/compulsive disorder in relation to RFC happened for me when living in Glasgow in 2000.
I was living in a shared house and had already groomed everyone into realizing that I needed the PC and TV on match days to avoid serious depression.
I had no luxery like streaming audio.Just the aunty beeb score ticker and teletext.So there I was in complete command on a wet windy Glasgow day from about 2pm getting up to fever pitch by 3pm and here were underway.What dramas will unfold as the royals once again go into battle.Will the next few days be gloomy or will I be floating on air.
The next 2 hours were spent watching the 0-0 scoreline on multiple screens.A bore draw was good at the time as our position was such that a 0-0 was a hard fought battling away point .
Half time came and went and I had a nervy cup of tea as we had no bovril in.
Settled down and anxiously envisaged the likely possible scenarios unfolding like goal line clearance,even a possible penalty save as the score clung to that useful point.Of course there was always the chance of that air punching moment where the hoops bang in a late winner 0-1 but given the option of the scoreline changing to 1-0 to home side I celebrated every moment 0-0 glared out at me.
90 mins on the clock.0-0... into injury time say 4 mins as a guess....and yessssss.Phew that was a real rollercoaster,heart rate starting to slow.Lean back in chair grab a can and listen to the vocal inflections of John Alexander Gordon reading out the classified football results and hopefuly get perhaps the tiniest of match reports on the game if im really blessed.
Good Millwall lost...Ha ha ha Swindon lost too ahhhhh ...."Bury 2 Hereford United 1" .... The game between Crapground Wanderers and Reading match postponed". FFS.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Dec 2006 22:09

higher Petercccccc wrote:
In actual fact I’m more hardcore 'cause I watch scores come up at the bottom of my telly for 100 minutes so FUK YOU.

LOL. Best moment of realising ones own obsessive/compulsive disorder in relation to RFC happened for me when living in Glasgow in 2000.
I was living in a shared house and had already groomed everyone into realizing that I needed the PC and TV on match days to avoid serious depression.
I had no luxery like streaming audio.Just the aunty beeb score ticker and teletext.So there I was in complete command on a wet windy Glasgow day from about 2pm getting up to fever pitch by 3pm and here were underway.What dramas will unfold as the royals once again go into battle.Will the next few days be gloomy or will I be floating on air.
The next 2 hours were spent watching the 0-0 scoreline on multiple screens.A bore draw was good at the time as our position was such that a 0-0 was a hard fought battling away point .
Half time came and went and I had a nervy cup of tea as we had no bovril in.
Settled down and anxiously envisaged the likely possible scenarios unfolding like goal line clearance,even a possible penalty save as the score clung to that useful point.Of course there was always the chance of that air punching moment where the hoops bang in a late winner 0-1 but given the option of the scoreline changing to 1-0 to home side I celebrated every moment 0-0 glared out at me.
90 mins on the clock.0-0... into injury time say 4 mins as a guess....and yessssss.Phew that was a real rollercoaster,heart rate starting to slow.Lean back in chair grab a can and listen to the vocal inflections of John Alexander Gordon reading out the classified football results and hopefuly get perhaps the tiniest of match reports on the game if im really blessed.
Good Millwall lost...Ha ha ha Swindon lost too ahhhhh ...."Bury 2 Hereford United 1" .... The game between Crapground Wanderers and Reading match postponed". FFS.

lol. yeah described so well.

i still have such moments.

it's funny how a 0-0 scoreline can be incredibly exciting and nerveracking to watch like that

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Dec 2006 22:12

Until it turns to 0-1 when all the other games are getting an 'FT' beside them, like Rotherham in 2005.

Checked Teletext just when I thought the game was ending, and it was 0-0. Not great, but its a point away from home. Wait to see the other scores come in, and when it rolls back to our page, we've let in a 90th minute goal.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 18 Dec 2006 22:43

Last away - Fulham Lost 1-0

Last home - Rotherham Drew 0-0 (Good choice)

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 Dec 2006 23:21

Winchester Royal Until it turns to 0-1 when all the other games are getting an 'FT' beside them, like Rotherham in 2005.

Checked Teletext just when I thought the game was ending, and it was 0-0. Not great, but its a point away from home. Wait to see the other scores come in, and when it rolls back to our page, we've let in a 90th minute goal.

How do you think I felt when I checked the programme to see where that point would put us, only to lift my head up at a crowd roar and see the ball nestled into the net at the far end?! I'd travelled 200 miles for that feeling.

Last home game missed: 29 Nov 03, Watford
Last away game missed: 27 mar 04, Coventry City

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Dec 2006 23:33

handbags_harris
Winchester Royal Until it turns to 0-1 when all the other games are getting an 'FT' beside them, like Rotherham in 2005.

How do you think I felt when I checked the programme to see where that point would put us, only to lift my head up at a crowd roar and see the ball nestled into the net at the far end?! I'd travelled 200 miles for that feeling.

Last home game missed: 29 Nov 03, Watford
Last away game missed: 27 mar 04, Coventry City

Yeah, I was going to join you (£20 for the lift, IIRC???) but having ended up spending shitloads on a mammoth night out after beating West Ham 3 days before, realised that I couldn't really justify it...

Ah, the life of a student...

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 18 Dec 2006 23:38

Simod Cup Semi Final

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 19 Dec 2006 13:54

I missed the game on saturday and it was the first game i've missed in as long as i can remember. When I heard the result i was almost glad that i had.

bassavage

by bassavage » 19 Dec 2006 14:05

M-U-R-T-Y Simod Cup Semi Final

Are you telling me you've been to every single game for the last 18 years?

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 19 Dec 2006 15:46

bassavage

Are you telling me you're that stupid?

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 19 Dec 2006 15:52

Sharpy
Stooper Swansea away in 1993.

thats oxf*rd, cos you said you dont go anymore as you watch RL

You're the only one who foils my schemes Sharpy :lol:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 19 Dec 2006 15:57

oxf*rd thread

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 19 Dec 2006 16:19

I've not missed a game in years. I go to all home games and for away games I plant myself firmly by the radio and listen to the commentary provided excellently by BBCB. :wink: :lol:

Worst thread ever. FACT :lol:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 19 Dec 2006 16:34

Spirit of Elm Park I've not missed a game in years. I go to all home games and for away games I plant myself firmly by the radio and listen to the commentary provided excellently by BBCB. :wink: :lol:

Worst thread ever. FACT :lol:

:lol:

Keeper

by Keeper » 19 Dec 2006 17:30

I'm on 138 games since the last one I missed home or away, happens to be at home to Sunderland 20th March 2004

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 19 Dec 2006 17:52

last home game was wolves 3-4 seasons ago.

Away game was newcastle

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 19 Dec 2006 19:36

lets think about this... last away game preston last year still on holiday
last home game............ millwall last year still on holiday

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 19 Dec 2006 19:39

M-U-R-T-Y
bassavage

Are you telling me you're that stupid?

I know someone who's only missed 1 since then, & that was for an operation!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Dec 2006 19:51

melksham_royal lets think about this... last away game preston last year still on holiday
last home game............ millwall last year still on holiday

2 games, 8 goals scored, 0 conceded, and quite simply arguably the most stunning result of the season at Deepdale.