Shorey

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2007 22:46

Times for Shades to get busy methinks

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 Jan 2007 23:24

Is it too late to jump on the Shorey for 3rd England left back bandwagon yet?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Jan 2007 02:13

Royalee Funny how Shorey's so-called poor form has coincided with Convey's absence and the inclusion of Hunt. He got forward and looked much better on Tuesday.

And had his best game of the season (do any of those who wish to have his babies want to disagree with this assessment :? ) today with Hunt returning to the side.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 02 Jan 2007 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 02 Jan 2007 07:53

Woodcote Royal
Royalee Funny how Shorey's so-called poor form has coincided with Convey's absence and the inclusion of Hunt. He got forward and looked much better on Tuesday.

And had his best game of the season (do any of those who wish to have babies want to disagree with this assessment :? ) today with Hunt returning to the side.

Faint praise is no praise at all but am I surprised? Absolutely no chance of you being gracious is there?

Shorey's "best game" comprised pinpoint accurate delivery of the ball from set pieces and a superb run and pass - do you see Hunt's involvement there 'cos I'm fecked if I do.

Captain Sinbad
Location: On cloud nine until at least the end of 06/07 season

by Captain Sinbad » 02 Jan 2007 09:10

Shorey MOTM and should have got the match ball for a hat trick of assists! :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Jan 2007 12:01

ayjaydee
Woodcote Royal

And had his best game of the season (do any of those who wish to have babies want to disagree with this assessment :? ) today with Hunt returning to the side.

Faint praise is no praise at all but am I surprised? Absolutely no chance of you being gracious is there?

Shorey's "best game" comprised pinpoint accurate delivery of the ball from set pieces and a superb run and pass - do you see Hunt's involvement there 'cos I'm fecked if I do.

Woodcote Royal before this match Like most of his team mates, he's having a very good season

So how, in this context, does me saying this was his best game of the season amount to faint praise.............................more nonsense from a typical source.

Frustrated_Royal

by Frustrated_Royal » 02 Jan 2007 12:26

I like Shorey but I think we have a few decent English left back knocking around.

Cole, Bridge, Baines... possibly Barry. Shorey is playing really well right now, though.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jan 2007 12:56

What a player, was brilliant yesterday. Hope we keep hold of him.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Jan 2007 13:16

LoyalRoyal22 What a player, was brilliant yesterday. Hope we keep hold of him.

If we stay in the Premiership, there's no reason to suggest he would leave - having read the programme article yesterday on him it seems that his family now have ties with RFC (I think it said something about his Dad working for the academy).

It would take a ridiculous amount of money for RFC to even consider selling him IMO.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Jan 2007 18:31

willz_royal i don't see him tackle enough for a defender, maybe sticking him on the wing would be good :?

but i think he is one of the best players i have seen play, live, in my life

a real england prospect if not overplayed

Agreed, think that was arguably the best performance I've seen by a Reading player. I honestly can't think of any weakness in his game, as near to perfection as you can get. If he produces anything like those performances for the rest of the season then Steve McLaren would be an idiot to ignore him for the England squad.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 04 Jan 2007 10:20

KC Royal

If he produces anything like those performances for the rest of the season then Steve McLaren would be an idiot to ignore him for the England squad.

And therein lies the problem...

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 04 Jan 2007 10:25

as much as i would love to see Shorey in an England shirt, i'm not gonna get my hopes up, there is a pecking order which McLaren and the England clique are destined to observe unfortunately.

If he was gonna get in on anything it would be he is ability to deliver dead balls, and there is potentially strong competition - well, if gerrard and lampard can pull their f*cking fingers out.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jan 2007 11:13

KC Royal I honestly can't think of any weakness in his game, as near to perfection as you can get.

A lack of real pace, a bit to easy to out muscle and not the best in the air so can leave the far post a little exposed.

A great little left back though and going forward I don't think any English left back is more cultured.

KC Royal If he produces anything like those performances for the rest of the season then Steve McLaren would be an idiot to ignore him for the England squad.

There are some good players ahead of him in the queue at the moment but if he keeps up his better form (don't forget he had some poorer performances leading up to the West Ham game) he'll be getting close, but I can't ever see him replacing Ashely Cole in the side.

He's a pleasure to watch though, and what a great bit of scouting and coaching from the back room staff.