Back from the game

Y25

Back from the game

by Y25 » 30 Dec 2006 20:15

Reading fans excellent again

Fantastic stadium - shite fans though

Dissapointingly as quiet as Chelski, Liverpool and West Ham

Had we have taken it to them a bit more in the 2nd half we might have snatched something but I think we are the firs team to score more than 2 there this year so that can't be bad :D

All in all a great xmas and £326 on tickets well spent :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Dec 2006 20:27

Where do you live? Did you fly? :shock:

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 30 Dec 2006 21:13

Dear Mr Y25

I would like to question you regarding your speed on the M6 this afternoon.

You have been caught on camera travelling at ridiculous speeds sporting a blue and white hooped jersey.

Please accompany me down the station

Evenin' All

P.C. Plod!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 30 Dec 2006 21:28

I've just got bk from game..

agree with Y25

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 30 Dec 2006 21:33

i hate all these "back from the game" posts.....its like people feel the need to show off what great loyal fans they are by saying they went to the game!!...i too wouldve been at the game, but although i had enough point to purchase a ticket myself i decided to hold out until i could buy a ticket at the same time for my plastic mate to go too!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 30 Dec 2006 21:34

I got back a couple of hours ago, but i'm not home in Newbury. I'm staying in York.

Agree that the fans were quiet. One of the most appalling sets of fans I've ever seen and not heard.

The ref spoilt it for me. Sodje didn't deserve to be booked once let alone twice. And what about maybe giving him a warning before showing him the first yellow? He'd only been on the pitch 5 minutes for crying out loud.

Not sure without seeing the replay, but I thought their first was offside, their second was partly due to the fact at that point we were playing with 10 men with Murty injured and Sodje not on yet, and their third was due to us playing with 10 then as Sodje had been and gone. OUR two goals on the other hand were brilliant.

A great performance from the boys, and I'm so pleased that we can all hold our heads high. Also, we can all take solace from the fact that we have done Chelsea no favours.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 30 Dec 2006 21:45

East Stand Ste i hate all these "back from the game" posts.....its like people feel the need to show off what great loyal fans they are by saying they went to the game!!...i too wouldve been at the game, but although i had enough point to purchase a ticket myself i decided to hold out until i could buy a ticket at the same time for my plastic mate to go too!

were just stating a fact...

me and my dad travelled all the way to manchester today with one ticket, thankfully he one at the ground
Last edited by Mrs Butler on 30 Dec 2006 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

fridays child

Re: Back from the game

by fridays child » 30 Dec 2006 21:45

Y25 but I think we are the firs team to score more than 2 there this year so that can't be bad :D

Have I missed something?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 30 Dec 2006 21:46

Mrs Butler
East Stand Ste i hate all these "back from the game" posts.....its like people feel the need to show off what great loyal fans they are by saying they went to the game!!...i too wouldve been at the game, but although i had enough point to purchase a ticket myself i decided to hold out until i could buy a ticket at the same time for my plastic mate to go too!

were just stating a fact...

me and my dad travelled all the way to manchester today with one ticket, thankfully he got out at the ground

well i have better things to do than drive to manchester with no ticket!

Ruud Van Kitson

by Ruud Van Kitson » 30 Dec 2006 21:46

i went today, but not in the reading end as couldnt get a ticket and went with a mate who has two st's. The away support was great, but obviously sounds louder when your in the thick of it.....at most of the time, reading were drowned out. (although this too may be because i was in the middle of it, will be interesting to see/hear on motd...as will the sodje, first goal and third goal...)

the second goal would never have been if murty wasnt injured, but guess thats football.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 30 Dec 2006 21:54

10/10 for the Stewards where we were. Came to find myself and my little one who had seats right at the back and offered us seats in the front row so he could see more of the game. (Well done Reading for giving a mum and tiny one seats on different rows even if they were behind each other he is too small to not want to be next to me,and we weren't the only ones in that situation either. At least they were in the same block this time!)

They stewards checked with us after that everything was OK and they were most complimentary about the team, as were the United fans right in front of us.

What was the trouble that went on? They said that the gates would stay closed on the Reading fans until the end because of it.

Agreed they were really quiet, until they made the effort and boy could they make a noise then!

Looking forward to MOTD and Football First later to see if the ref did send Sodje off for pulling a player who was offside. I can't quite get my head round that one but it was too far away to decide once and for all.

Good shopping at The Quays after too!

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 30 Dec 2006 22:03

Rubbish.

The "Back from the game" posts are great for us exiles who only watched or listened to the game or those who couldn't go for whatever reason.

I can't think of a more appropriate thing for a football message board to do than deliver match reports from those who went.

Keep 'em coming please......

dan19

by dan19 » 30 Dec 2006 22:07

Really enjoyed today dispite the Loss,and the Ref!
Shame about the 8 or so Man U "Fans" who had tickets in our stand, the one i saw getting smacked deserved it to be fair, celebrating like a TwA t after thier 3rd.
Anyway, great day out, we where loud but they where dissapointing, and was home at 20:45...not speeding...much!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Dec 2006 22:13

Just got back after queueing ages for a Burger King at Warwick, ah well.

Great day out overall, the ground is spectacular from inside and not bad from the outside either. I thought we gave a decent account of ourselves and should play the same team again on Monday with Bikey in for Murty if he's still injured.

My main moan is obviously about the officials, who were absolutely shite today. The first goal was clearly offside from where I was the the linesman has no excuse for getting that decision wrong as he should easily have been up with play. The ref was also incredibly inconsistent and sent Sodje off for what appeared to be nothing. First booking the linesman that side had given a throw anyway and for the second, he'd flagged for offside. Maybe something happened off the ball that I couldn't see, but it looked ridiculous. At the end he started handing out yellow cards like confetti, yet Ferdinand kept the ball in the net and away from our players for over half a minute and he didn't even get a proper talking to - what consistency.

Players which shone for us today I thought were Sonko (once again), Shorey and Little in particular. I thought Doyle on the wing worked okay once again and Lita put effort in again and got his reward with a well-taken goal. I think the better team won, but then again I wasn't expecting anything from today's game and it was the shame that once again, as has also happened at the likes of Villa and Newcastle, the officials ruined a good game.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Dec 2006 22:14

Just in, and still got a smile on my face. I ended up with the minimum I wanted from the match, which was a valiant defeat coupled with a "significant goal" (ie, one that matters, not a goal in the 93rd minute when you're already 3-0 down). People may think that is a defeatist attitude but the expectation level is nil at these sort of places, just like it was on Tuesday.

Number 13 good, although we've been better. Can't say I'm very happy with my personal efforts today, I was actually quiet. Felt a bit overawed as well.

Maybe could have snatched something from there if Mike Dean hadn't been so pathetic, and we had linesmen who could tell what offside is. 1st and 3rd goals both clear offsides. Unfortunately this is Old Trafford we were playing at, where the usual rules of football do not exist.

Good day out though, a valiant defeat, but on balance of play a deserved defeat. To be fair, that 2nd goal was coming regardless of how it arrived.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 Dec 2006 22:25

I thought that we was very unlucky today and deserved to get at least a point. Apparently the first and third goal for man u were offside.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Dec 2006 22:26

rg6royal I thought that we was very unlucky today and deserved to get at least a point. Apparently the first and third goal for man u were offside.

No apparently about it. They WERE offside.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 Dec 2006 22:28

handbags_harris
rg6royal I thought that we was very unlucky today and deserved to get at least a point. Apparently the first and third goal for man u were offside.

so we have been harshly defeated ! the officials were so much better last year than they have been so far this year its really dissapointing.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Dec 2006 22:28

handbags_harris

I'm not sure about the third, but the first DEFINITELY was, contrary to what the idiot behind me was saying after.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 30 Dec 2006 23:24

Royalee
handbags_harris

I'm not sure about the third, but the first DEFINITELY was, contrary to what the idiot behind me was saying after.

Did you watch MOTD? Marginal...