The Weakest Link costs us again

222 posts
Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

The Weakest Link costs us again

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Jan 2007 15:54

Hahnemann yet again cost us valuable points , the man is a liability .His kicking is a joke , his fumbling getting worse and his abilty to command the six yard box for a man of his size is a farce . He'll do for the season but long term we need a quality keeper

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Weakest Link costs us again

by Avon Royal » 14 Jan 2007 15:55

Gunny Fishcake Hahnemann yet again cost us valuable points , the man is a liability .His kicking is a joke , his fumbling getting worse and his abilty to command the six yard box for a man of his size is a farce . He'll do for the season but long term we need a quality keeper

Knee. Jerk. Reaction.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Jan 2007 15:56

The man who has made more saves than any other keeper in the Premiership.

Frustrated_Royal

by Frustrated_Royal » 14 Jan 2007 15:58

Marcus is good enough. He was at fault for the goal but his mistakes will always be highlighted.

Get off his back and support him.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 14 Jan 2007 15:59

the man is a liability
Game of opinions but in my view very harsh.A FED looked good on wed but I for 1 remain happy with the big yank between the sticks.
Last edited by higher on 14 Jan 2007 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 14 Jan 2007 15:59

Too prone to mistakes. Twice he made the same error in judgement coming off his line, the first was cleared by the defender the second was punished. Suspect at this level im afraid.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2007 15:59

As I recall virtually all of Gunny's few posts have been knee jerk pessimistic slatigs of the team and management. Hahnemann made a couple of mistakes and was punished once. His kicking got quite poor but other than that he was fine.

De La Cruz was our worst player today in my opinion and he was just on the wrong side of adequate.

International Royal

by International Royal » 14 Jan 2007 16:02

Ian Royal As I recall virtually all of Gunny's few posts have been knee jerk pessimistic slatigs of the team and management. Hahnemann made a couple of mistakes and was punished once. His kicking got quite poor but other than that he was fine.

De La Cruz was our worst player today in my opinion and he was just on the wrong side of adequate.

DLC wasn't the worst. Marcus is what he is, a reasonably good keeper. he made a mistake but is still in credit this season.

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 14 Jan 2007 16:02

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Too prone to mistakes. Twice he made the same error in judgement coming off his line, the first was cleared by the defender the second was punished. Suspect at this level im afraid.

He actually made that same error 4 times during the match, and got away with it the first 3 times, just. He's a good Goalkeeper, but his decision making today was rash, we were lucky only to concede the 1.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 14 Jan 2007 16:03

A great character and excellent in previous seasons, some good performances this season but I don't think it's completely unwarranted to say he's sometimes been lacking. I can think of:

Today (and could have been punished more than once)
Boro (H): spilled free-kick for 2nd goal
Liverpool (A): spilled a shot (I think) for one of the goals
Newcastle (A): Emre's shot seemed to sail over him
Blackburn (H): not a bad hit from Bentley, but shouldn't have been beaten from that angle

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 14 Jan 2007 16:04

Boston Royal A great character and excellent in previous seasons, some good performances this season but I don't think it's completely unwarranted to say he's sometimes been lacking. I can think of:

Blackburn (H): not a bad hit from Bentley, but shouldn't have been beaten from that angle

STOP THE PRESS: Premiership GK in "not perfect" shocker! :roll:

mydak

by mydak » 14 Jan 2007 16:05

Boston Royal A great character and excellent in previous seasons, some good performances this season but I don't think it's completely unwarranted to say he's sometimes been lacking. I can think of:

no comments about how maybe the situations should have been better dealt with by the players in front of him? and it they had been he wouldn't have had to make any kind of saves? or errors

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2007 16:05

International Royal
Ian Royal As I recall virtually all of Gunny's few posts have been knee jerk pessimistic slatigs of the team and management. Hahnemann made a couple of mistakes and was punished once. His kicking got quite poor but other than that he was fine.

DLC wasn't the worst. Marcus is what he is, a reasonably good keeper. he made a mistake but is still in credit this season.

I felt he was. He made less glaring mistakes than he did against Arsenal, but I felt he was the weak link. Apart from the two poor decisions to come off his line and 3 or 4 poor kicks I thought Marcus played well.

fruits

by fruits » 14 Jan 2007 16:06

USA does not command his box well, seems to get outjumped but when I see other teams play cannot say anyone is that much better than him.
To me Robinson of Spurs is a joke, Green of West Ham very poor. James an accident waiting to happen, Howard of Everton very suspect. Van der Saar very good, Hilario is hilarious.

Thought DLC had a good game.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 14 Jan 2007 16:07

I was quite worried to see De La Cruz's name on the team sheet but I think he did a lot better than in his previous apperances. Of course, he did have to go and ruin most of whatever good he did by fouling Johnson unneccessarily at the end, but I thought he definitely showed progress.

The poorest for me is Lita. I just can't stand him. I know that some people love him, but he's too slow on the ball, his passes are not fast or skillful enough, he thinks he's Ronaldo and loses the ball quite a lot that way. When he's not on the ball - sure he's running around like a chicken with no head, but not even half of that energy probably results in something. He is not a Premiership striker. Also - at least two of the free kicks that he got were just him grabbing on to a defender, not staying up, and then crying foul. He just comes off as a little sneak to me.

As to Marcus, goalies will make mistakes. I certainly don't see this one as some overall indictment on his abilities.

Royal@Norwich

by Royal@Norwich » 14 Jan 2007 16:07

Hahnemann yet again cost us valuable points , the man is a liability .His kicking is a joke , his fumbling getting worse and his abilty to command the six yard box for a man of his size is a farce . He'll do for the season but long term we need a quality keeper

oh dear.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 14 Jan 2007 16:07

How can Hahnemann be the weakest player? Hunt played.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Weakest Link costs us again

by shadesrwrf » 14 Jan 2007 16:07

Avon Royal
Gunny Fishcake Hahnemann yet again cost us valuable points , the man is a liability .His kicking is a joke , his fumbling getting worse and his abilty to command the six yard box for a man of his size is a farce . He'll do for the season but long term we need a quality keeper

Knee. Jerk. Reaction.

My motto is never use three words when one will do.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 14 Jan 2007 16:08

Ian Royal
International Royal

I felt he was. He made less glaring mistakes than he did against Arsenal, but I felt he was the weak link. Apart from the two poor decisions to come off his line and 3 or 4 poor kicks I thought Marcus played well.

At this level you can't get away with the above. He won't learn to improve judgement, its something natural which makes a good keeper from an average one.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 14 Jan 2007 16:09

LoyalRoyal22 How can Hahnemann be the weakest player? Hunt played.

......and of course Hunt is rubbish and had absolutely no impact on the game, especially our goal. :roll:

222 posts