FA Cup R5 - Who did you want, because it's..... Man U Away

347 posts
M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 29 Jan 2007 15:43

I was wondering where everyone was hanging out today - ah you're all in here :roll:

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 29 Jan 2007 15:46

Huntley & Palmer I wanted to go to as many away games as possible for a season, I didn't have enough points to ensure this. I put in for the AST. WHy are you having a dig at me?

Maybe we're getting our wires crossed here. All I was saying that for all the people that didn't get to goto OT 1st time round - now is the perfect opportunity to do so. So in fact it wasn't a bad draw - as Handsome Man said (well he actually said that it WAS a bad draw - errrrrr, you know what i mean)

Can we be friends now

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Jan 2007 15:51

Matt de K All I was saying that for all the people that didn't get to goto OT 1st time round - now is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Still haven't got enough points for a visit above all those many travelling Reading fans I'm afraid. :cry:

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 29 Jan 2007 15:54

M4 Junction 11 I was wondering where everyone was hanging out today - ah you're all in here :roll:

Yeah, and it's cool / popular people only (+ Spacey) so bugger off.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 29 Jan 2007 15:54

Gordons Cumming
Matt de K All I was saying that for all the people that didn't get to goto OT 1st time round - now is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Still haven't got enough points for a visit above all those many travelling Reading fans I'm afraid. :cry:

But I'm sure that the majority of fans who went to OT in December won't be going back there so soon. I'm not, and only for the reason that I blew over £200 on that Saturday - not that I regret it at all. Plus there sounds like theres going to be more tickets available this time round

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Jan 2007 16:02

Gordons Cumming

You wont have any trouble for this trip.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Jan 2007 16:03

readingbedding
Rawlie19
readingbedding
Magnus
Hoop Blah
Barry the bird boggler If its the beeb it will be the first time we have ever been live on national terestrial telly.

Are you sure???

I'm fairly sure the 95 playoff semi away at Tranmere and the final were both on terestrial.

Not on the BBC though.

ITV. It's still Terestrial TV. :roll:

If you're going to be a pedant, at least spell correctly.

We have never had a game live on BBC1.

That's a fact.

Are you totally, 100% sure about that?

:wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 16:03

Matt de K
Gordons Cumming

But I'm sure that the majority of fans who went to OT in December won't be going back there so soon. I'm not, and only for the reason that I blew over £200 on that Saturday - not that I regret it at all. Plus there sounds like theres going to be more tickets available this time round

I'm definitely going again...

Weekender
Weekender

Go out.

Have a good time.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 29 Jan 2007 16:04

readingbedding
Rawlie19
readingbedding
Magnus
Hoop Blah
Barry the bird boggler If its the beeb it will be the first time we have ever been live on national terestrial telly.

Are you sure???

I'm fairly sure the 95 playoff semi away at Tranmere and the final were both on terestrial.

Not on the BBC though.

That's a fact.

Not a whole one, no. However, the second half of Reading v Racing Club de Paris was broadcast live on BBCtv (the original name of BBC1) on 06/10/1954 when we unveiled our new floodlights.

The Tranmere away semi final was live on Meridian (and possibly some other regions), and the final was live on ITV nationally.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 16:09

Deadlock
readingbedding
Rawlie19
readingbedding
Magnus
Hoop Blah

Are you sure???

Not on the BBC though.

That's a fact.

Not a whole one, no. However, the second half of Reading v Racing Club de Paris was broadcast live on BBCtv (the original name of BBC1) on 06/10/1954 when we unveiled our new floodlights.

The Tranmere away semi final was live on Meridian (and possibly some other regions), and the final was live on ITV nationally.

Would the BBC still have that?

Probably not.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Jan 2007 16:13

How many do you think they will bring to the replay?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 29 Jan 2007 16:15

Uke How many do you think they will bring to the replay?

:lol:

There won't be many coming down from Manchester.

They'll all come from Kent.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 29 Jan 2007 16:41

I thought most were from Surrey

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Jan 2007 16:44

Coppelled Streets
Gordons Cumming

How many seats available this time around?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Jan 2007 16:52

Gordons Cumming
Coppelled Streets
Gordons Cumming

How many seats available this time around?

Nothing confirmed, but have a look at the thread in Policies. Expecting up to 9,000 IF they sold like hot cakes, and they wont.

EDIT: http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56429
Last edited by Coppelled Streets on 29 Jan 2007 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 29 Jan 2007 16:53

Gordons Cumming

By no means a comprehensive search, but I took a look to see what Pompey had been offered for the last round. According to their messageboards, they chose to take only 6,000, although they could have had closer to 12,000. I can't imagine that we'll ask for 12,000 tickets either, but hopefully there'll be enough to meet the demand.

I haven't been a ST-holder long enough to go to the league game last month, so I'm looking forward to this. A game I can walk to!

Can't see how it's that bad a draw: we have to beat the better teams to progress anyway, so why not now rather than in the Semis? If we go out, at least it's to the best team in the league, instead of a League Two outfit!... I also think we should play a fairly strong team. We'll hopefully have pretty much guaranteed survival by that point (with plenty of games left), so why not have a good go? The cash will certainly be nice, too. In terms of boosting Reading's brand, a good cup run might make us a more attractive club when we try to sign players in the summer.

It's win-win, for me...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Jan 2007 17:04

hhmmmmm.............................methinks I need to earn a few brownie points. :wink:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 29 Jan 2007 17:14

I'll have 2 tickets for sure, maybe 3.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Jan 2007 21:52

southbank1871
Royal Rother
southbank1871
Royal Rother Like it or not, building awareness of the Reading brand is given a massive lift by the worldwide exposure that comes from this sort of game and is worth its weight in gold.

Being happy about the draw because it helps to build awareness of the Reading brand :?

It's a part of the bigger picture that many don't see. The future prsperity of this club does not rest in JM's hands, long-term, he has made that very clear time and time again.

This type of game, particularly if we play well, will do an awful lot of good. As Hiro said earlier, it will be the most watched programme on planet Earth on that day.

You might not see it this way but that is something I am rather sure that JM will be pretty happy about.

I understand what you are saying and I'm sure as primarily a business man, JM is delighted. However, once people start talking like Peter Kenyon and describing football teams as 'brands' it makes me want to hurt someone.

Ouch! :wink:

I am a supporter but also a businessman (albeit of exceptionally small / nil repute) and to dismiss the benefits as many do is a bit naive. If fit, Seol will probably play for us, Park for them, and that will attract literally millions of extra viewers beyond the normal Premiership exposure.

And don't forget, it is JM's approach to this club, applying sound business principles rather than the traditional supporter's attitude, that has taken us where we are today.

developing the brand is where we are now, and it is his understanding of this that might eventually secure the type of investment that even 1 year ago was a total pipedream.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 21:55

Royal Rother
southbank1871
Royal Rother
southbank1871
Royal Rother Like it or not, building awareness of the Reading brand is given a massive lift by the worldwide exposure that comes from this sort of game and is worth its weight in gold.

Being happy about the draw because it helps to build awareness of the Reading brand :?

It's a part of the bigger picture that many don't see. The future prsperity of this club does not rest in JM's hands, long-term, he has made that very clear time and time again.

This type of game, particularly if we play well, will do an awful lot of good. As Hiro said earlier, it will be the most watched programme on planet Earth on that day.

You might not see it this way but that is something I am rather sure that JM will be pretty happy about.

I understand what you are saying and I'm sure as primarily a business man, JM is delighted. However, once people start talking like Peter Kenyon and describing football teams as 'brands' it makes me want to hurt someone.

Ouch! :wink:

I am a supporter but also a businessman (albeit of exceptionally small / nil repute) and to dismiss the benefits as many do is a bit naive. If fit, Seol will probably play for us, Park for them, and that will attract literally millions of extra viewers beyond the normal Premiership exposure.

And don't forget, it is JM's approach to this club, applying sound business principles rather than the traditional supporter's attitude, that has taken us where we are today.

developing the brand is where we are now, and it is his understanding of this that might eventually secure the type of investment that even 1 year ago was a total pipedream.

Not really, we were more or less promoted this time last year.

347 posts