Oliver Holt on Huntys case...again

126 posts
urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 31 Jan 2007 13:52

Whats the need to keep bringing this up?

It happend ages ago and has been done to death,most pundits and pro's have said it was an accident.

Is Holt looking for an early excuse as to why Chelsea have failed to win the Premiership this season?.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2007 13:54

Took him 11 days to come up with that? I reckon he employs a shedful of monkeys to ghost write his column for him.

Maybe someone should invite him to the next fan's forum.

I've just submitted this on his forum but i doubt it will get past their mods.

Mr Holt, Aside from the fact that your viewpoint has been consistantly discredited by the overwhelming majority of football comentators, your continued obesession with Stephen Hunt seems to be reaching dangerous levels. I fear psychiatric help is the only course of action for such compulsive obsessive behaviour.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 31 Jan 2007 14:28

From Despair To Where? Took him 11 days to come up with that? I reckon he employs a shedful of monkeys to ghost write his column for him.

Maybe someone should invite him to the next fan's forum.

I've just submitted this on his forum but i doubt it will get past their mods.

Mr Holt, Aside from the fact that your viewpoint has been consistantly discredited by the overwhelming majority of football comentators, your continued obesession with Stephen Hunt seems to be reaching dangerous levels. I fear psychiatric help is the only course of action for such compulsive obsessive behaviour.

I have also submitted something however I also doubt that it will get past the mods ... Lack of Freedom of speech and the daily mirror.

I dont think he should be invited to a fans forum I think he should be invited to court.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Oliver Holt on Huntys case...again

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2007 14:36

Y21 Todays daily mirror has this little gem in the Oliver Holt column...I am almost lost for words with this tube, quite how he can write such drivel in a national daily paper I don't know.

STEVE'S NO SAINT
PLENTY of observers attempted to paint Stephen Hunt as a man of saintly innocence over his appalling challenge that fractured Petr Cech's skull.

An accident, they said. Such a quiet lad, too. Not given to that kind of thing at all. No track record of nasty challenges. Not in his nature.

I thought of that when I saw Hunt launching a double-footed tackle at the Reading mascot 10 days ago in the aftermath of Reading's opening goal against Sheffield United. How playful.

And it appears Hunt's preferred goal celebration is not to punch the air or raise a forefinger in triumph.

Funnily enough, it involves a manic double-footed challenge on the corner flag.

Anyone sense a pattern emerging here? Petr Cech probably does.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/oliverholt/

Enough is enough. Mr Mad should instruct his lawyers to slap a writ on Goebbels Holt and his nasty little rag. Won't be the first time they've had to cough up for charity.

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 31 Jan 2007 14:38

A 'violent' goal celebration means he did try and break Cech's head. :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2007 14:43

Would Steve Sidwell please show some solidarity to his team mate and stop buying The Mirror!

Likewise it might help if we could get a Whitley boycott!

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 31 Jan 2007 14:47

RoyalBlue Would Steve Sidwell please show some solidarity to his team mate and stop buying The Mirror!

Likewise it might help if we could get a Whitley boycott!
Basically I'm sick of the crap the mirror generally spouts and it's the one paper I will never buy under any circumstances. Journo's like Holt are the reason - lazy writing just to fill space. Let's just all boycott the piece of crap - I don't think we'll suffer much hardship!
(Even better - read about the Reading game in the Sunday Mirror whilst stood in Tesco's then buy the NOTW)

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 31 Jan 2007 14:51

Why do the fans still buy the Mirror. You're paying Mr. Holt to write this crap! Don't buy this anti-Reading FC paper!

fozzy

by fozzy » 31 Jan 2007 14:58

M4 Junction 11 Why do the fans still buy the Mirror. You're paying Mr. Holt to write this crap! Don't buy this anti-Reading FC paper!

Absolutely! The answer is ... DON'T BUY IT.

Personally I stopped buying Daily Newspapers on Monday 17th April 1989 after their appalling coverage of Hillsborough - and I haven't missed them in the slightest.

johnnym

by johnnym » 31 Jan 2007 15:05

i used to deal with mr holt in a work capacity....an utterly arrogant and conceited tosser

wholly unliked within journalism too

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 31 Jan 2007 15:21

Looking at the contact us info it looks like his email address could possibly be:

oliver.holt@mirror.co.uk

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 31 Jan 2007 15:46

Muzzy
Royalee
Y21 Todays daily mirror has this little gem in the Oliver Holt column...I am almost lost for words with this tube, quite how he can write such drivel in a national daily paper I don't know.

STEVE'S NO SAINT
PLENTY of observers attempted to paint Stephen Hunt as a man of saintly innocence over his appalling challenge that fractured Petr Cech's skull.

An accident, they said. Such a quiet lad, too. Not given to that kind of thing at all. No track record of nasty challenges. Not in his nature.

I thought of that when I saw Hunt launching a double-footed tackle at the Reading mascot 10 days ago in the aftermath of Reading's opening goal against Sheffield United. How playful.

And it appears Hunt's preferred goal celebration is not to punch the air or raise a forefinger in triumph.

Does he have an email address? I'd quite like to see the club sue him as well.

You could have a pop at him on the forum here

He really is a twat of the highest order.

I tried but posts have to get past a mod so even though I toned down my first draft I don't expect they'll publish it :evil:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 31 Jan 2007 15:49

With all the interest in another article he's written he'll probably get journalist of the year again :twisted:

IGNORE THE OXF*RD!!!!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 31 Jan 2007 15:54

Some have made it on

Robin Whear from Sheffield 14:50:30 31 January 2007 reply

Oliver Holt, I'm afraid you are a fool and a very poor journalist.
How does an over-zealous goal celebration prove someone capable of maliciously causing harm to an opponent? It doesn't.
For your information, the mascot and corner flag have managed to pull through their violent ordeals. No further death threats are anticipated.
[QUOTE=Paul from Windsor] Re: Stephen Hunt|Oliver Holt, |I and everyone in the Thames Valley think you are wrong to continue to persecute Stephen Hunt.|From reading some of your columns, it seems clear as day that you are a Chelsea fan and you are incapable of writing an unbiased piece about any other team where Chelsea are the opposition and you are the only journalist still raking over this issue. The FA had a thoroughly good look at the incident and found Hunty innocent of any mal intent. Everyone else has moved on so isn't it time for you to do so as well.|Why don't you do a piece on the deplorable way that Robben, Drogba, Essien and Lampard dive all over the pitch and bully the Ref when they don't get the decision they want?|Or does Abramovich own the Mirror now as well?????
Paul from Windsor 14:36:49 31 January 2007 reply
Re: Stephen Hunt
Oliver Holt,
I and everyone in the Thames Valley think you are wrong to continue to persecute Stephen Hunt.
From reading some of your columns, it seems clear as day that you are a Chelsea fan and you are incapable of writing an unbiased piece about any other team where Chelsea are the opposition and you are the only journalist still raking over this issue. The FA had a thoroughly good look at the incident and found Hunty innocent of any mal intent. Everyone else has moved on so isn't it time for you to do so as well.
Why don't you do a piece on the deplorable way that Robben, Drogba, Essien and Lampard dive all over the pitch and bully the Ref when they don't get the decision they want?
Or does Abramovich own the Mirror now as well?????
[QUOTE=Dave from London] [QUOTE=ian mack from newcastle] Re: Oliver Holt and Stephen Hunt.|Although you have not said it directly, I have a sneaky feeling that you are suspicious regarding Hunts "challenge" on Cech. Can't say I blame you. Video replays show that Hunt's knee was dragged onto Cech's head by Cech's arm as he slid past him. Accident. Yellow card. End of story but for an unfortunate clash.|Hunt is not a dirty player, but some - such as Holt, who is beginning to move towards being sued thanks to some of the lies he prints - want to paint Hunt as the next Savage, even blaming him for getting elbowed last week. Some claimed Hunt confronted Gillespie, when the opposite was true. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh Oliver.
Dave from London 14:02:53 31 January 2007 reply
ian mack from newcastle said...
Re: Oliver Holt and Stephen Hunt.
Although you have not said it directly, I have a sneaky feeling that you are suspicious regarding Hunts challenge on Cech. Can't say I blame you.
Video replays show that Hunt's knee was dragged onto Cech's head by Cech's arm as he slid past him. Accident. Yellow card. End of story but for an unfortunate clash.
Hunt is not a dirty player, but some - such as Holt, who is beginning to move towards being sued thanks to some of the lies he prints - want to paint Hunt as the next Savage, even blaming him for getting elbowed last week. Some claimed Hunt confronted Gillespie, when the opposite was true. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh Oliver.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 31 Jan 2007 16:09

Harold
Ian Royal
Harold It light of the recent incidents involving Hunt, it wasn't the best choice of celebration I must say.

It was exactly the right response. I big oxf*rd you to all the twats and a bit of a laugh for anyone who actually has a brain cell to use.

It obviously wasn't the right response as Hunt has gained some more bad press.

With the latest drivel in the Mirror I can feel some more death threats coming on, not as serious as damaging a corner flag or jumping on a mascot granted..... :roll:

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 31 Jan 2007 16:13

After Murty's goal on the end the season Hunt went to jump on Kingsley and missed, does that mean that he isn't very co-ordinated either and could cause accidental death?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 31 Jan 2007 16:18

Rob-Royal
Harold
Ian Royal
Harold It light of the recent incidents involving Hunt, it wasn't the best choice of celebration I must say.

It was exactly the right response. I big oxf*rd you to all the twats and a bit of a laugh for anyone who actually has a brain cell to use.

It obviously wasn't the right response as Hunt has gained some more bad press.

With the latest drivel in the Mirror I can feel some more death threats coming on, not as serious as damaging a corner flag or jumping on a mascot granted..... :roll:

:o How dare you compare death threats to damaging a corner flag or jumping on a mascot.

we all know that damaging a corner flag and jumping on a mascot are punishable by death...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Jan 2007 17:06

Scrappy After Murty's goal on the end the season Hunt went to jump on Kingsley and missed, does that mean that he isn't very co-ordinated either and could cause accidental death?
Sounds like a botched murder attempt, Send him down for attempted murder.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2007 17:07

STEVE'S NO SAINT

Thick b*stard.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Jan 2007 17:10

Does anyone feel like adding/updating Oliver Holt's entry on wilkipedia?

126 posts