Do you fancy our chances on Saturday?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2007 12:15

Gordons Cumming
newbiscuit
Gordons Cumming I'm really looking forward to my first visit to Old Trafford and the result is almost secondary for me.

I expect us to lose, but I'm going to enjoy it just the same.

Anything other than defeat will be fantastic, obviously.

Completely wrong attitude!.............. The whole idea of going is to support the boys, and should naturally feel gutted if we lose! Having a good day out is ok but getting a result is priority. Look forward to seeing the Royals mate, we don't need a load of sight see'ers amongst the ranks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eff off, newbie!!!!!!!

Thats right Gordy, don't take any stick from someone who's still wet behind the ears.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 16 Feb 2007 12:22

Ian Royal
cmonurz http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/6368349.stm

We are not playing our best team. We will not win.

If that were the case no one would play a game of football and no one would watch any that were played.

Much weaker teams than anything we will put out have beaten the top premiership sides in the cup before.

We'll see. I hope we win, but I can see a fairly drab 3-0 stroll for United.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Feb 2007 12:23

Ian Royal
Gordons Cumming
newbiscuit
Gordons Cumming I'm really looking forward to my first visit to Old Trafford and the result is almost secondary for me.

Completely wrong attitude!.............. The whole idea of going is to support the boys, and should naturally feel gutted if we lose! Having a good day out is ok but getting a result is priority. Look forward to seeing the Royals mate, we don't need a load of sight see'ers amongst the ranks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eff off, newbie!!!!!!!

Thats right Gordy, don't take any stick from someone who's still wet behind the ears.

How dare he critisize a Supreme Being?

He needs to learn, and learn early. You know it makes sense.
He clearly hasn't read the HNA Terms and Conditions.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Feb 2007 12:30

Ian Royal
Gordons Cumming
newbiscuit

eff off, newbie!!!!!!!

Or who has an opinion.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 16 Feb 2007 12:32

Harps stay sharp I have to say I think Reading will nick it. The whole club is buzzing with our current league form and the boys put in a great performance at Brum. I really do believe we will upset the odds once again and victory at Old Trafford will be one of our many outstanding achievements of this season.

I was well up for it earlier in the week, now it's Friday and I am getting really jittery. I keep panicking we're going to get stuffed on live telly in front of millions.........then I get a wave of positive energy wash over me and I think how good it's going to be to come away from Old Trafford with a famous victory.

Help! :?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Feb 2007 12:34

Harps stay sharp
Harps stay sharp I have to say I think Reading will nick it. The whole club is buzzing with our current league form and the boys put in a great performance at Brum. I really do believe we will upset the odds once again and victory at Old Trafford will be one of our many outstanding achievements of this season.

I was well up for it earlier in the week, now it's Friday and I am getting really jittery. I keep panicking we're going to get stuffed on live telly in front of millions.........then I get a wave of positive energy wash over me and I think how good it's going to be to come away from Old Trafford with a famous victory.

Don't be such a bender, what happens, happens.

Have a drink

Que sera, sera.
Last edited by readingbedding on 16 Feb 2007 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Feb 2007 12:36

readingbedding
Or who has an opinion.

Oi!!!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Feb 2007 12:37

readingbedding Don't be such a bender

I don't know why but that made me laugh. I haven't heard that since I was at school (over 15 years ago).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Feb 2007 12:42

We're in a no lose situation.

We win - incredible, best result in our history etc

We draw - get them back to ours for another go

We lose - Oh well, we only had our fringe players out there and it was Man Utd away, bring on the next game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2007 12:42

Stranded We're in a no lose situation.

We lose - Oh well, we only had our fringe players out there and it was Man Utd away, bring on the next game.

isn't being us great!

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 16 Feb 2007 12:45

Stranded We're in a no lose situation.

technically our reserve side would've been our first team last season. Convey, Kitson etc are bound to play

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Feb 2007 13:18

I do admire Coppell for sticking to his guns on the selection policy, a lot of people on here thought he would start playing the first choice squad as the rounds progressed and drop players like De La Cruz and Convey. However, I am still disappointed that we are not giving this a real go with the best players available to us.

If we do get through, then it is great testament to our fringe players. However, I would be very interested to see how people's attitude to Stranded's overview of the results would differ if it were the Quarter Final or Semi Final.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2007 13:24

Huntley & Palmer I do admire Coppell for sticking to his guns on the selection policy, a lot of people on here thought he would start playing the first choice squad as the rounds progressed and drop players like De La Cruz and Convey. However, I am still disappointed that we are not giving this a real go with the best players available to us.

If we do get through, then it is great testament to our fringe players. However, I would be very interested to see how people's attitude to Stranded's overview of the results would differ if it were the Quarter Final or Semi Final.

see it exactly the same way.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Feb 2007 13:28

God forbid we did get to the semi final, but the pressure on Coppell to play his strongest team would be really intense from all areas of the media and FA.

Ashfordroyal

by Ashfordroyal » 16 Feb 2007 13:29

Me too

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Feb 2007 13:33

Huntley & Palmer God forbid we did get to the semi final, but the pressure on Coppell to play his strongest team would be really intense from all areas of the media and FA.

Not so sure - he would say (with good justification) that the Cup team was good enough to knock out Man U at OT, and nothing else comes harder.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 16 Feb 2007 13:35

readingbedding
Harps stay sharp

Don't be such a bender, what happens, happens.

Have a drink

Que sera, sera.

You're right RB. I am finishing work for the day and heading for the pub! :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2007 13:36

Huntley & Palmer God forbid we did get to the semi final, but the pressure on Coppell to play his strongest team would be really intense from all areas of the media and FA.

and his comments would almost certainly be the same.

he might find it hard to leave out Hahnemann if we get much further, but the rest of the team are on the fringes of first team action anyway.

Whilst we have a first choice 11, we also have at least 6 or 7 other players who we would all be happy to see playing regularly in the first team.

If our first team can be thought of as:
Hahnemann, Murty, Shorey, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Little, Convey, Sidwell, Harper, Kitson and Doyle.

Then we have plenty of players who are only not in the team because it can only have 11 names in it.

De La Cruz, Bikey, Duberry, Halford, Seol, Hunt, Oster, Lita, Long and Gunnarsson.

A fair few posters were calling for Marcus to be dropped in favour of Federici a couple of weeks ago.

We are not playing a reserve side. We are playing a second first team.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Feb 2007 13:37

Platypuss

Not so sure - he would say (with good justification) that the Cup team was good enough to knock out Man U at OT, and nothing else comes harder.

True. IF we got through and IF Arsenal drew us in the Quarter Finals, I could see the papers having a field day at two teams playing fringe XI's in the prestigious FA Cup.

newbiscuit

by newbiscuit » 20 Feb 2007 22:18

readingbedding
Ian Royal
Gordons Cumming
newbiscuit

eff off, newbie!!!!!!!

Or who has an opinion.

Not giving stick, just suprised with the attitude, its the sort of thing you'd expect from a plastic!