Glen Little

Reading West

by Reading West » 02 Mar 2007 01:58

Without a shadow of a doubt the hardest player to replace in the Reading team will be Little if sidwell goes you can see bryn doing a job there as on Tuesday, but Little is one of a kind and we are so blessed that he is on our side. 8)

starbug

by starbug » 02 Mar 2007 08:11

couldn't agree more, the man is a genius and a truly class act.

c_harrison

by c_harrison » 02 Mar 2007 08:11

Elm Park Old Boy It pains and embarrasses me to admit it now, but I had serious doubts about whether Little was going to make the grade in the premiership. I thought he'd be one of those Coppell could probably look to replace.

What's worse, Murty was another.

I know, I know. I am not worthy...........

I'm with you on that. Thought both Little and Murty were going to struggle because of lack of pace. Turns out that in the prem, even on the wing, if your skillful enough then you don't need pace!

I have a load of Chelsea fans in my office (unfortunately!) and even they love Little. The blokes sheer class.

starbug

by starbug » 02 Mar 2007 08:15

damn double posts....

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 02 Mar 2007 08:25

brendywendy
Scarface Best post ever.

The man is a legend and every time he gets the ball he looks to create and do something positive. It reminds me of the good old days at Elm Park when Gilksy was in his prime.

glens better than glikesey

slower, but much much better

cant belive how many times he got round the man u back line
ball sticks to his feet, oxf*rd white pele genius

Don't think that they can be compared really?
Little is a great player, good ball control, no pace, no goals
Don't quite think he can be compared to a legend yet!
both are/were match winners for RFC though!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2007 09:25

runrunrunrungilksey
brendywendy
Scarface Best post ever.

The man is a legend and every time he gets the ball he looks to create and do something positive. It reminds me of the good old days at Elm Park when Gilksy was in his prime.

There is no comparison. Little doesn't run the ball off the end of the pitch, and he can tackle (a bit).

Consider coat got if this has already been done

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 02 Mar 2007 09:40

Elm Park Old Boy It pains and embarrasses me to admit it now, but I had serious doubts about whether Little was going to make the grade in the premiership. I thought he'd be one of those Coppell could probably look to replace.

I'm ashamed to say that I thought exactly the same as you - it turns out this season, that if those two are playing then I'm confident we can win the game. Hats off to both of them, would bring a tear to my eye if Glen or Murts got a goal on Saturday.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Mar 2007 09:49

Don Finch

I'm ashamed to say that I thought exactly the same as you - it turns out this season, that if those two are playing then I'm confident we can win the game. Hats off to both of them, would bring a tear to my eye if Glen or Murts got a goal on Saturday.

even if we conceded 5?

traff

by traff » 02 Mar 2007 10:18

When Hicks went up... There were twenty so called leftbacks in the league
there were twenty so called leftbacks in the league
there were twenty so called leftbacks
twenty so called leftbacks
twenty so called leftbacks in the league

And a winger called Glen Little shot one down
and a winger called Glen Little shot one down
and a winger called Glen Little
a winger called Glen Little
a winger called Glen Little shot one down

There were nineteen so called leftbacks in the league...

Pedantic post coming up...................surley the song would start with 19 or are we calling Shorey a so called left back?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Mar 2007 10:18

runrunrunrungilksey
brendywendy
Scarface Best post ever.

Im sorry, but i really do believe; that despite gilkseys long and illustrious service for us in the lower leagues, and despite the fact that i loved watching him, and everytime he got the ball and bombed down the line i neraly wet my self with excitement,(he is clearly a reading legend and also has the benefit of nostaligia from watching him through my formative years at EP.
but Glen little has eclipsed the gman by a mile in the last couple of years, in terms of achievement- league champiopnship record points etc
keeping us in the prem this season, etc etc etc + any player involved in this season and last is automatically at the head of our hall of legends
in terms of end product- gilksey could be a little wastefull
and in terms of the excitement i get when watching him dribble the ball in that tied to his feet way, he beats him hand down.

if there were top trumps cards of reading players glen would beat gilksey in all categories but pace.

IMHO

sorry gilksey, but there you go

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 02 Mar 2007 11:01

It's about time someone produced a Glen Little appreciation t-shirt.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 11:52

When Hicks went up... There were twenty so called leftbacks in the league
there were twenty so called leftbacks in the league
there were twenty so called leftbacks
twenty so called leftbacks
twenty so called leftbacks in the league

And a winger called Glen Little shot one down
and a winger called Glen Little shot one down
a winger called Glen Little shot one down

There were nineteen so called leftbacks in the league...

Sung at slow pace, Change the final verse to :

There is one so called leftback in the league
there is one so called leftback in the league
there is one so called leftback
one so called leftback
one so called leftback in the league

And a winger called Glen Little had a go
and a winger called Glen Little had a go
a winger called Glen Little crashed and burned

SHOREY FOR ENGLAND rpt.

2 songs in one :lol:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 11:55

He plays on the left, he plays on the right
That boy Glenn Little makes Ronaldo look shite

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 02 Mar 2007 12:14

brendywendy
runrunrunrungilksey
brendywendy
Scarface Best post ever.

Im sorry, but i really do believe; that despite gilkseys long and illustrious service for us in the lower leagues, and despite the fact that i loved watching him, and everytime he got the ball and bombed down the line i neraly wet my self with excitement,(he is clearly a reading legend and also has the benefit of nostaligia from watching him through my formative years at EP.
but Glen little has eclipsed the gman by a mile in the last couple of years, in terms of achievement- league champiopnship record points etc
keeping us in the prem this season, etc etc etc + any player involved in this season and last is automatically at the head of our hall of legends
and in terms of the excitement i get when watching him dribble the ball in that tied to his feet way, he beats him hand down.

if there were top trumps cards of reading players glen would beat gilksey in all categories but pace.

IMHO

Clearly you do have a point but you are fogetting that Gilksey went on loan to chelsea & southampton (prem league) and who can forget the Simod cup final and Div 2 championship!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2007 12:33

runrunrunrungilksey
brendywendy
runrunrunrungilksey
brendywendy
Scarface Best post ever.

IMHO

Clearly you do have a point but you are fogetting that Gilksey went on loan to chelsea & southampton (prem league) and who can forget the Simod cup final and Div 2 championship!!!

Gilksey was a legend, but to say because he went on loan to some prem teams, and played well in Dvi 2 and a crappy cup final he is better than Little is stupid. Little is playing week in week out for a top 6 prem team. he has bags more skill. Gilksey had pace, that makes you greast in the lower leagues, but you need a hell of a lot more to be a success in the top flight.

torbayroyal

by torbayroyal » 02 Mar 2007 12:43

Royal With Cheese
Scarface Best post ever.

Gilksy had the pace but not the skill.

Gilksey's pace + Little's skill = RONALDO.

:shock:

Gilksey's skill + Little's pace = TREVOR SENIOR

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 02 Mar 2007 12:43

dont get me wrong, I do think Little is as good or better than Gilksey! I just don't like the disregard of someone who basically played his whole career (the best part of it) at RFC.

Yes Little does play in the prem league week in week out and yes RFC are top 6 in the prem league and long may it continue.....

All I want to say is don't forget the past.............

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2007 12:49

runrunrunrungilksey dont get me wrong, I do think Little is as good or better than Gilksey! I just don't like the disregard of someone who basically played his whole career (the best part of it) at RFC.

Yes Little does play in the prem league week in week out and yes RFC are top 6 in the prem league and long may it continue.....

All I want to say is don't forget the past.............

I'm sure the majority of fans who saw Gilksey pelting up the Elm Park wing by the South bank will be unable to ever forget him. He played a massive part in our history and his name is in with the legends like Death, Friday, Bowman, Senior, Williams and Dixon. It's just that list just got a lot bigger with Little, Doyle, Kitson, Lita, Murty, Hahnemann, Shorey, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Harper, Convey, Hunt, Oster, Gunnarsson and all the rest joining them.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Mar 2007 12:59

the half an hour against villa were he tore an england left back apart was the best bit of wing play 'i've ever seen

glen little is probably the most effective player at the moment at beating his man and getting a cross in, in the whole of the premiership at this moment in time