A good day for us exiles

notloyalenuffroyal

A good day for us exiles

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Feb 2007 21:50

Just wanted to continue the feel good factor from those of us who were too far from the Mad Stad and had to endure John Motson intimating that the only reason we were back in it was that the opposition had turned to MANURE!

I walked proud today at school (as a teacher - not a pupil) as all the kids in my Worcestershire playground stopped me and said "Good game sir" - "I shouted at the tele when that shot hit the bar" - "You were brilliant sir" - and even - "God sir - you were sh*t for the first 15 minutes but you're actually a bloody good side!"

I felt like I played last night!

I am sure you locals were quite happy with the banter at work - but it was a good day for us exiles too as I think the whole country was behind us.

Well done Sir Steve and the Boys!

If there is a way to lose - then lets lose like that every time!!!!!

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 28 Feb 2007 21:57

So many kids came up to me today, it was unbelievable.

Best moment of the day. One of our "terrors" stopped to talk Reading by the main entrance that pupils aren't allowed through. I was on blocking duty. He was heaping praise on Reading, and said he didn't want to beat us by as many as he had done when we play his team on Saturday. He "quite liked Reading" now.

He then asked that as he had been nice about Reading could he sneak through the short cut. Obviously I said that as he had been so nice I would say no nicely.

A voice then said from behind "Can I come through though, do I have to be nice about Reading?"

I turned to be faced with our lead OFSTED inspector smiling broadly. :roll:

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Feb 2007 22:56

Good man! Particularly loving the fact that you have blocking duty when OFSTED are around (sad teacher type talk - but funny to me!)

What about across the pond?

USA-ites must be up by now? Any reaction from your lot or are they hoping that soon half the MANURE side will be too old and have to come across and form an ALL-STARS WORLD BOWL team - or something?

rollsy

by rollsy » 28 Feb 2007 23:15

i got the same from the guys at work, mostly scottish/geordies.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 28 Feb 2007 23:18

Great, well done to the side that threw away a great chance of getting into the next round and of possibly winning the FA Cup because their manager was too stubborn to play a strong side. With Arsenal out we would of had a great chance to win it, the best chance for years.

Who cares how well the side came back, the game was lost by then. If Coppell had played a strong side then we'd be in the next round, as it is we were beaten by a team that had a midfield consisting of Richardson, Fletcher, O'Shea and Park all of whom were absolute sh1t.

Even Southend beat a much stronger side than the one they played last night :roll:

It's time Reading fans got rid of the small time mentality and realised we're good enough to win things if only Coppell didn't mess around.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 28 Feb 2007 23:34

Top angling RA.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 28 Feb 2007 23:35

I can't deny it, we could have won it with the side that ended the game.

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 28 Feb 2007 23:39

Katie Marsden It's time Reading fans got rid of the small time mentality and realised we're good enough to win things if only Coppell didn't mess around.

COPPELL OUT :twisted:

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 28 Feb 2007 23:44

Theres no doubt about it, 442, Little and Hunt on the wings with Lita and Kitson upfront and that game would have been won.

Then into the last 8 with Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal all out. What a chance missed.

Football is about winning things, not giving second rate reserves playing time.

Nevermind though, because little old Reading made a decent come back and some kids reckon we did OK :roll:

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 28 Feb 2007 23:52

Winchester Royal I can't deny it, we could have won it with the side that ended the game.

Erm...no we couldn't.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 28 Feb 2007 23:56

shadesrwrf
Winchester Royal I can't deny it, we could have won it with the side that ended the game.

Erm...no we couldn't.

When Little came on, he gave us strength on both wings, as Seol was largely inneffective. In the last 20 minutes, we created a hell of a lot and with Little, I feel that his appearance would have made a difference had he been introduced earlier.

I guess its academic at this stage though.

Andy In Oz

by Andy In Oz » 01 Mar 2007 07:14

Friend of mine is Manure supporter (as much as you can be with that affliction), neither of us could watch it live so both had to wait until evening replay, I knew the score he didn't... phoned him in the morning and told it was a great game and left it at that,.. 90 minutes of mental torture for him wondering what would happen after the 3 goals went in!.
He was mentally analysing my 'tone' , trying to read into the commentary and work out what would happen, did Reading do it, did they lose?..... :lol:

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 01 Mar 2007 07:57

shadesrwrf

Erm...no we couldn't.

erm.....YES we could!!!.....when leroy an blakey came on it made such a difference!!

RG6

by RG6 » 01 Mar 2007 08:16

...and this was turning into such a nice thread until KM highjacked it.

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 01 Mar 2007 08:53

BACK TO THE POINT.

What pleased me most is that the news reader – yes, we made it onto Spanish news – now pronounces the name properly. Only two weeks ago we were still something one does with a newspaper or book.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Mar 2007 08:59

I think it's simplistic to say that because our understrength team only lost narrowly then it follows that our full strength side would have won.

Man Utd's aim was to win whilst using as little of their resources as they had to. If it was 0-0 at half time, the second half would not have been dominated by Reading and, had it gone to extra time, we would have been facing a fresh Rooney, Ronaldo and Scoles for half an hour.

The team we put out did superbly well and we should just be happy with that. Our squad has all had some experience at the highest level under the greatest pressure and, as and when we have to call on them, they will come in better prepared than they otherwise would have been. A profitable cup venture all round but any chance of winning it ended on the day of the fifth round draw.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 01 Mar 2007 09:08

Katie Marsden Theres no doubt about it, 442, Little and Hunt on the wings with Lita and Kitson upfront and that game would have been won.

Then into the last 8 with Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal all out. What a chance missed.

Football is about winning things, not giving second rate reserves playing time.

Nevermind though, because little old Reading made a decent come back and some kids reckon we did OK :roll:

Woman get back in to the kitchen !!!! :lol:

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 01 Mar 2007 09:12

Schards#2 I think it's simplistic to say that because our understrength team only lost narrowly then it follows that our full strength side would have won.

Man Utd's aim was to win whilst using as little of their resources as they had to. If it was 0-0 at half time, the second half would not have been dominated by Reading and, had it gone to extra time, we would have been facing a fresh Rooney, Ronaldo and Scoles for half an hour.

The team we put out did superbly well and we should just be happy with that. Our squad has all had some experience at the highest level under the greatest pressure and, as and when we have to call on them, they will come in better prepared than they otherwise would have been. A profitable cup venture all round but any chance of winning it ended on the day of the fifth round draw.

i agree with you to a point. to say we 'WOULD' have won is simplistic, but the fact remains if we'd have played a stronger side we wouldnt have been 3-0 down after such a short time....but yes i take your point, if it was 0-0 at HT man u wouldve been more pressing for the goal....you say about extra time though, im not so sure i agree there tho, i think if we hadve made it 3-3 and taken it to extra time i feel the momentum wouldve been with the royals and we wouldve gone on to record a famous victory!!........we could talk all day about 'ifs' and 'buts' tho, but the fact remains that royals were very unlucky not to pull it back at the end and i feel if leroys goal came 5 minutes earlier we would have scored again.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Mar 2007 09:23

East Stand Ste
Schards#2 I think it's simplistic to say that because our understrength team only lost narrowly then it follows that our full strength side would have won.

i agree with you to a point. to say we 'WOULD' have won is simplistic, but the fact remains if we'd have played a stronger side we wouldnt have been 3-0 down after such a short time....but yes i take your point, if it was 0-0 at HT man u wouldve been more pressing for the goal....you say about extra time though, im not so sure i agree there tho, i think if we hadve made it 3-3 and taken it to extra time i feel the momentum wouldve been with the royals and we wouldve gone on to record a famous victory!!........we could talk all day about 'ifs' and 'buts' tho, but the fact remains that royals were very unlucky not to pull it back at the end and i feel if leroys goal came 5 minutes earlier we would have scored again.

But surely it wasn't the fact that we played a "weakened" team but the formation at the start of the game that caused the problems?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 01 Mar 2007 09:42

Royal With Cheese
East Stand Ste

But surely it wasn't the fact that we played a "weakened" team but the formation at the start of the game that caused the problems?

yes in part....although i do fell the introduction of lita and little was much more effective, particularly little....i mean seol didnt seem to want to come forward, whereas little was running at the defence, making an effort to come forward.