I don't want Europe

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Irvinchangeyaname

I don't want Europe

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Mar 2007 18:17

...yet.

There you go I've said it. I'm not saying that if we got there, I wouldn't be packing my bags in anticipation of our first trip abroad. I'm also not saying that I'm hoping we start losing games so that we don't qualify.

I know we don't necessarily have to replicate the likes of Ipswich and go straight back down after qualifying for Europe so soon. However, I do think a UEFA cup spot next season would not be in the long-term interests for us.

People were saying to us 'do a Wigan' when we came up. I'm more interested in doing a Bolton ie, developing season after season until we are established and then set our sights on the Champions League (albeit with much more attractive football).

Coppell has two choices if we did qualify. Play his 'FA Cup' side or his first team. The former makes me think 'why bother?'; the latter makes me think that we simply won't have the strength or depth to maintain a good league position and to have a run in Europe.

Don't get me wrong here. I am a supporter of 25 years that desperately wants to see my club achieve at all levels. However, I'm more concerned with maintaining the top flight position we worked so hard for rather than risking losing it at some of Europe's far flung outposts.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 28 Mar 2007 18:52

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Mar 2007 19:17

Twice in a week. Sorry!!! :oops:

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1