Premiership fans - Best and worst

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Apr 2007 23:42

Bolton fans giving Reading fans hassle but common sense prevailed and Reading fans waited for the next train a couple of minutes later.

Cookie

by Cookie » 26 Apr 2007 23:55

Loved the Liverpool singing.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 27 Apr 2007 03:06

Had a good time with Everton fans when they came down here (and took over the Prince of Wales!) still in touch with one of them after each game and now own an Everton shirt.

Every time i go to West Ham there's always some idiot wanting to have a go.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Apr 2007 08:47

Katie Marsden
soggy biscuit
Katie Marsden At Madejski

Best - Man Utd. Plenty of original chants and loud for what were nothing games to them, don't get the respect they deserve due to jealousy and bitterness.

Worst - Reading fans, can only sing a handful of songs with the help of a drum and Tom Hark over the tannoy. That's what you expect from a club than has attracted 10,000 new glory fans in about 2 years though.

Agree with worst fans, has been said loads of times on here just how much a bunch of new money fans most of ours are but Utd the best??? They were amongst the quietest we have seen all season (plus their coaches were from Cardiff, B'stoke & Slough)

Not been to every home game, so just basing it on the games I've been to. I thought the Utd fans in the cup were the best since Stoke, Millwall, Bristol Rover and Bristol City used to bring quality away support with them. Pretty loud and a great variation of songs.

Think most fans would be good if their team are 3-0 up after 6mins. They did go very quiet as we came back though.

Harold

by Harold » 27 Apr 2007 16:17

Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Apr 2007 16:20

Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Predictable.

Harold

by Harold » 27 Apr 2007 16:21

Alan Partridge
Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Predictable.

but true!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Apr 2007 16:22

Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

I'm shocked you thought Man Utd were better than Chelsea?

All 5 goals

by All 5 goals » 28 Apr 2007 00:13

The worst fans have to be any team's 'fans' (I do not think that they are actually 'fans' but followers) who follow their team exclusively on SKY and do not actually go to matches.

The Chelsea followers were particularY bad after the Hunt incident after watching 100 replays from every angle in slow motion.

As for Live fans.

AWAY

BEST: Newcastle (may be becasue we lost). Very friendly, met Murt's mum (with her Newcastle Scarf) on the Metro.

WORST: Liverpool Guy in the pub made us most welocme. "oxf*rd off out of our City" Listen mate you are welocome to that shithole....

HOME

BEST: Fulham very unexpected loud support,

WORST: Spurs: Big club you are having a laugh, bunch of arrogant fans who can't see whats wrong with their club.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2007 00:52

The Best and most "goose-pimply" was the Scarsers at Anfield before our first ever game against them 25/10/2006.

The Worst... Chelsea fans, the Chelsea players and their "self-adulation" 14/10/2006 they were champions elect already

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Apr 2007 09:36

soggy biscuit
Katie Marsden At Madejski

Best - Man Utd. Plenty of original chants and loud for what were nothing games to them, don't get the respect they deserve due to jealousy and bitterness.

Worst - Reading fans, can only sing a handful of songs with the help of a drum and Tom Hark over the tannoy. That's what you expect from a club than has attracted 10,000 new glory fans in about 2 years though.

Agree with worst fans, has been said loads of times on here just how much a bunch of new money fans most of ours are

Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with our fans??

Also am I the only one who DOESN'T believe we've attracted 10,000 new fans?? Surely it is mostlly all the occasional fans who never had season tickets before, all coming to every match instead of just a few a season?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Apr 2007 09:42

AthleticoSpizz The Best and most "goose-pimply" was the Scarsers at Anfield before our first ever game against them 25/10/2006.

Although only doing something that if we did would be derided as 'plastic'. Singing along to something played over the PA in a choreographed pre match show isn;t that impressive when you think about it.

I'd hoped to witness some genuine fan driven old style terraced support. Which didn;t happen.

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 28 Apr 2007 09:44

Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Up yours Harold Reading fan are the best in the world.
Maybe your referring to your self w*nker!!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Apr 2007 09:45

John Madejski's Wallet Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with our fans???

Nope, our fans really aren't that different to those at every other ground.

John Madejski's Wallet Also am I the only one who DOESN'T believe we've attracted 10,000 new fans?? Surely it is mostlly all the occasional fans who never had season tickets before, all coming to every match instead of just a few a season?

Nope, again you are spot on. We have got fans who never came to a game before last season, but that would hav ebeen true at many points in our history. We've got many people who used to come to the odd game, or for who we were their 'second' team who now come every week (becaasue they have to !).

The small number of people who constantly dig at our fans mainly do so to wind people up or to try and make themselves feel somehow 'better'. Sat up in Y26 or wherever they really don;t have much idea of what the rest of the crowd is like, and in many cases I suspect weren;t even at EP...

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 28 Apr 2007 11:19

RG30
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo
RG30 Enjoyed a good conversation with a Boro fan back in August, he had gone to every game last season which saw them reach the Semi Finals of FA Cup and UEFA Cup Final :shock:

Found the Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge very bitter over there failure to get 3 off us. Didn't think much of the Bolton fans after the game Saturday, kicking Reading fans at the train station

I was there, on my own, with the shirt on. WHAT?! Saw nothing of the sort so can't be on a large scale.

Were you going back to Picadilly?

Yes.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 28 Apr 2007 11:46

Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Would pretty much agree with that although I think that Watford fans are marginally worse than ours.

For away support, Man United were quality as expected, all stood up and sang all game.

Best support for a home team is hard to choose really as I don't really remember any team being that loud at home.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Apr 2007 12:00

earley_royals
Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Would pretty much agree with that although I think that Watford fans are marginally worse than ours.

For away support, Man United were quality as expected, all stood up and sang all game.

Best support for a home team is hard to choose really as I don't really remember any team being that loud at home.

Must have missed that as they were deathly quiet when 1-0 down in the League game and were pretty quiet for large periods of the cup game when we looked like turning round the first 7 mins.

Daniella

by Daniella » 28 Apr 2007 12:11

Harold
Alan Partridge
Harold Best - Man Utd

Worst - Reading

Predictable.

but true!

I can't beleive you'd seirously claim you think chelsea fans are better than reading, You never cease to amaze me with your clueless views. :lol:

I think we should give you your own section of the board which only you can post in and produce your views. That way, when bored, we can all take a look over there and have a good giggle at the shite you come up with.

Any chance mods?

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 28 Apr 2007 12:12

RG30
Farnborough Royal
Katie Marsden I only attend a handful of games these days due the amount of utter mongs that suddenly decided they were Reading fans after the club started doing well. The sad fact is the vast majority of the 10,000 or so new fans are the worst type of fan imaginable.

It's shame because theres a good hardcore of Reading fans who have been going for years.

Agreed.

Bloke behind me at Bolton tried to make me sit down for Doyle's penalty :roll:

The sad thing is you can see people on the front row on MOTD sat down for the penalty. I thought it was standard for everyone to stand when there was a penalty, but obviously not :?

Why would you need to stand up to see a penalty? If (as I was) you are in the second row from the back you have a perfectly good view if everybody remains sitting. In fact, the view is worse when everyone is standing unless you are 6'4". The same applies to corners. We sit there watching football (and not standing up trying to attract people's attention) and when there is a corner at our end (or often when the ball comes to our end of the field) people at the front stand up and then everybody else has to so that they can see what they could have seen well in the first place.

I am aware the this thread was about away supporters (which we were at Bolton) so while on the subject I have to defend Liverpool supporters. They were very pleasant when we were up there (which we have been twice) and were appreciative of the fact that we had a wreath put on the Hillsborough memorial.

In fact, I have heard of trouble from away supporters at our club which has been nipped in the bud before they even got in to the stadium but have never felt in any way threatened at away matches this year (not like going to Cardiff!).

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Apr 2007 00:53

Behindu
AthleticoSpizz The Best and most "goose-pimply" was the Scarsers at Anfield before our first ever game against them 25/10/2006.

Although only doing something that if we did would be derided as 'plastic'. Singing along to something played over the PA in a choreographed pre match show isn;t that impressive when you think about it.

I'd hoped to witness some genuine fan driven old style terraced support. Which didn;t happen.
then you missed the point

43000+ to watch little ole Reading in the the Little ole League Cup

You had to be there....................................