Your highlight.....Your disappointment...2006/2007?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 14 May 2007 09:34

First game :D and second last game :(

66DD

by 66DD » 14 May 2007 10:10

Daniella Lowligh- Sorry excuse for home and away support, poor numbers away- bolton brought more to us than we did to theirs- to put things into perspective.

So who are you criticising? Those who were at the the games or those who wern't.

Average

by Average » 14 May 2007 11:02

Highlight: first game of the season. Middlesbrough were ahead and I was feeling a bit deflated (but I was reminding myself of playing Derby a few seasons ago when we'd just been promoted to the now championship their fans crowned themselves chamions on the opening day of the season, but ultimately we did ok). Then suddenly there we were pulling it back, the whole stadium going mental. Here we were in the premiership, we had arrived!!!
Lowlight: the whole Chelsea thing. The realisation that with the premiership came this previously unimagineable bullying from a 'big club'. The fact that everyone had a view on Steven Hunt, whether they'd seen the incident or not. Suddenly we were thrust into the spotlight in the most negative way imagineable (but even that had a silver lining when you saw the dignity with which our club conducted themselves, in start comparison to the mad rantings from elsewhere).
And another highlight, just to finish on a high. Beating Bolton.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 14 May 2007 11:04

66DD
Daniella Lowligh- Sorry excuse for home and away support, poor numbers away- bolton brought more to us than we did to theirs- to put things into perspective.

So who are you criticising? Those who were at the the games or those who wern't.

Neither, just a rather pathetic attempt to be 'controversial'. Daniella was sussed ages ago, and I'm sure we've all formed an opinion of him.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 May 2007 11:15

Highlights - Citeh away/Chelsea away/Utd away
Lowlights - Wigan away/Boro away

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 14 May 2007 11:52

Highlight:

3 spring to mind.
First game of the season: discovered the result having summited Kilimanjaro the same morning.
Doyle's goal after 16 seconds at Sheffield.
And...the 6-0 drubbing of West Ham.

Lowlights:

2-0 loss to Watford at home. :(

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 May 2007 12:38

Lowlight - Both Watford games

Highlight - Everything

Highlight in hindsight - Both Watford games.
Away, because it reminded me of some dire games from our recent past in the Championship and League 1 - and we should thank our lucky stars we won't see their like for a while.
Home, because we fans needed a reality check, and showed that while we can dominate a game we can still lose - that's football.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 14 May 2007 20:26

Lowlight - Pompey away and the Chelsea debacle.

Highlight - Spurs and Boro at home, although I thought yesterday at Ewood epitimised everything about our club.

A fantastic team, an exciting game and probably the best atmosphere of an away game this season.
Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford, Eastlands et al had nothing on yesterday.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 May 2007 20:33

Lowlights, realising what cynical cheating gits most players and teams are, as well as getting a very bad rub of the green from most refs.

Highlights: lots but probably losing 3-2 to Man Utd in the cup. We became everyones second team with that game.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 14 May 2007 20:41

Highlights - beating Spurs and Bolton 3-1, and drawing at Chelsea.
Lowlights - home defeat to Watford where a draw would have got us into Europe.

bassavage

by bassavage » 14 May 2007 20:54

Highlights:

1. First game - 2-0 down to win 3-2 is quite unbelievable.
2. The two draws with Man United - Two 1-1 draws with the best team in the country, including one with the "reserves".
3. The two wins against West Ham - Nicking a 1-0 win at Upton Park and then thumping them at the Mad Stad.
4. Leroy's double at Man City - Two brilliant goals on the day we reached 40 points.
5. Doing the double over Bolton - 1995 truly put to bed. Terrific comeback at the Reebok.
6. Draw at Chelsea - Facing the champions and twice we were behind, we still manage a draw.
7. Yesterday's game - Three times we fell behind yet we manage to come back every time.
8. Getting to visit the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Emirates and St James Park.
9. Finishing as the 8th best team in the country!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 May 2007 21:15

Highlights were pretty much every game we played this season - except Watford, Everton and Blackburn at home (in descending order of lowness!)

But hey, if anyone offered you an 8th place finish at 3.20pm on the opening day of the season, what would you have said!!!!!!

Next season is going to be a real test though. I believe it will be the toughest premiership ever. Birmingham and Sunderland will probably spend silly money and survive their first seaosn back. Whoever comes up through the play-offs I fear will be relegation fodder, (not that I've paid that much attention to the lower league this season :wink:).

Of those that survived this time round, I would imagine Wigan and Man C will be worried. Fulham and Villa should be OK - just, in Fulham's case, which leaves Middlesbrough and Newcastle as potential iffy teams next year. If Alladyce goes to Newcastle, their long ball tactics might see them OK. How will Middlesbrough fare without Viduka?

More importantly, where will we finish?

Christ - I'm shitting myself already for next season, and I've totally lost this thread - bollocks! :oops:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 May 2007 11:44

Highlights - finishing 8th and thrashing Wet Sham 6-0.

Lowlights - losing to Arsenal twice.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 May 2007 13:53

Highlights: This season

Lowlights: The total mismanagement of the Tevez thing by the FA/Premiership

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 15 May 2007 14:06

Highlight - Finishing 8th in our first ever season in the Premiership.

Lowlight- Chelsea (h) Hoping the 'Premiership Champions' would come to the Madejski and play football against us. Instead their disgraceful playacting and a flukey Lampard goal earned them 3 points they certainly didn't deserve. :evil:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 May 2007 14:15

Highlight: Seol at West Ham. Everyone went radio rental when that hit the back of the net.

Lowlight: Wigan. Awful game, but the day was brightened by SKB on the way home.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 15 May 2007 14:18

Highlights: Seeing Seol's one moment of brilliance at West Ham. Being able to watch 'my' club week in week out on dodgy arabic sky.

Lowlights: The realisation that the Premier League isn't all that. It doesn't live up to the hype in many areas. The away day experience hasn't been anywhere near as good as lower league football.

The Chelsea debacle was nothing short of a disgrace from their side.

Liverpool away. A souless performance if I ever I saw one.

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 15 May 2007 15:45

Highlight . . . . The 3 goals away to Bolton and watching Reading on Match of the Day every week

Lowlight . . . . The first 6mins against Man Utd, not the rest, and also the 2nd half performance against Blackburn at home

CoveRoyal

by CoveRoyal » 15 May 2007 19:26

Highlights... having been to all but one game the whole season was full of highlights but sitting in the mad stad wih 10 mins to kick off and the Lux Aeterna video comes on, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck because i know I will soon be watching Reading playing in the Premiership again. :) Also Inflatable day at Blackburn :shock: , absolute chaos. :D

Lowlights... listening to the radio at a wedding as the Warford (H) result came in. What is it with Watford? Gutted. :(

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 May 2007 19:29

Highlight - Continuing being proved so wrong in my desire for Coppell to leave 2 years ago. And 6-0 West Ham.

Lowlight - Being proved wrong in my pre-season confidence in Leroy Lita's ability to succeed as a decent Premiership striker. And Sonko's injury.