Steve Coppell

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 18 May 2007 16:12

Never! Even if Coppell did a Pardew i'd forgive him.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 May 2007 16:13

Skyline
Royal With Cheese Top two or nothinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Y'know, I was only thinking the other about how SDR seems to have disappeared off the board. I almost miss the old scrote with his sticky keys ...

He's probably now following whoever Gary Alexander is playing for these days.

Did a quick search on soccerbase and apparently GA is playing at Leyton Orient!

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 18 May 2007 16:59

Coppell was never much good before he became our manager - there must be something in the air with him and RFC.

Coppell is God.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 May 2007 17:00

nivek elyod Coppell was never much good before he became our manager - there must be something in the air with him and RFC.

Coppell is God.

Apart from his 9 years at Palace of course, where he achieved more than he has here...

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 18 May 2007 17:49

When Coppell was building the team in his image, and 'only' finishing seventh and ninth in the Championship, how many people on here just weren't able to see what he was doing and were calling for his sacking?

The same thing will happen in the season after we get relegated, or after a few seasons in the bottom half of the Prem!!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 18 May 2007 18:17

Surely he's immortal?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 18 May 2007 18:21

nivek elyod Coppell was never much good before he became our manager - there must be something in the air with him and RFC.

Coppell is God.

What fantastic football knowledge you have.

Palace under his mangership is a fine example of what he can do and what Reading can achieve with Coppell at the helm.

Was watching the Palarse v Man Utd F.A. cup final highlights last night and it reminded me of how animated Coppell can be, especially when Wrighty scored their second. The finger snap and the smile was reminicent of last season when I think it was Long scored our 5th against Derby.

My one and only wish for Coppell is that he relaxes a tad this coming season and doesnt keep pulling at his neck!!

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 18 May 2007 18:32

londinium

Coppell is God.

Palace under his mangership is a fine example of what he can do and what Reading can achieve with Coppell at the helm.

Was watching the Palarse v Man Utd F.A. cup final highlights last night and it reminded me of how animated Coppell can be, especially when Wrighty scored their second. The finger snap and the smile was reminicent of last season when I think it was Long scored our 5th against Derby.

My one and only wish for Coppell is that he relaxes a tad this coming season and doesnt keep pulling at his neck!!

OK, he was good with Palace. I meant more with Man City, Brentford...

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 18 May 2007 18:41

You can hardly count Manchester City where he found he couldn't fit in and he was not there long enough to have any influence. As for Brentford, who can tell what might have happened if we had not drawn with them on that fateful day?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 May 2007 18:51

Expectations have been set

if we don't push for Europe next season some people will call for his head ( check out the lack of ambition threads already on here)

if we are in a relegation dogfight at christmas more people will call for his head

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 18 May 2007 19:04

If anybody is seriously calling for his head next season then they are not a reading fan as far as im concerned.

fester_royal_blue

by fester_royal_blue » 18 May 2007 19:23

JS28ZoD If anybody is seriously calling for his head next season then they are not a reading fan as far as im concerned.

100% agree, sadly though our club has some extremely fickle fans.. i remember when coppell first joined and things weren't going too well fanc calling for his head. its sad but seems to be how football is these days. i think this season will only exergerate those overly high expectations, if we perform more to our level and finish mid table these fans wont be happy :roll:

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 18 May 2007 19:24

Only now do Crystal Palace fans appreciate how good he was for them. Many who thought differently when he left them wish they could turn the clock back.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 18 May 2007 19:36

Behindu

Coppell is God.

Apart from his 9 years at Palace of course, where he achieved more than he has here...

Two relegations aswell don't forget.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 May 2007 19:41

Bowman's Quiver Only now do Crystal Palace fans appreciate how good he was for them. Many who thought differently when he left them wish they could turn the clock back.

and no doubt many charlton fans now feel the same way about curbs!!

this board will have its share of "coppell out" if we are not pushing for europe and taking the cups seriously

We already saw the start of this with the "lack of ambition" threads just a week or so ago

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 18 May 2007 19:51

nivek elyod
londinium

Coppell is God.

OK, he was good with Palace. I meant more with Man City, Brentford...

Brentford?

He worked miracles with them.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 May 2007 09:45

So not winning any cups means a manager has to go?

Cool.

Bye Bye Fergie!

:wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 May 2007 19:42

We haven't done this.

Coppell has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_TECn6iYTc

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 May 2007 19:44

Katie Marsden
Behindu

Coppell is God.

Two relegations aswell don't forget.

And the Championship two seasons ago and 8th in the Prem last season with Reading in their first season in the top flight
and Manager of the year for the second year running.

BallRoyal

steve coppell

by BallRoyal » 20 May 2007 22:07

Can't be arsed to read all posts.
How many of you tossers slated coppell when he first took over, thats the question.