RFC claims to fame

285 posts
Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RFC claims to fame

by Rex » 12 Jan 2011 16:51

zummerset I met Dave Kitson at the hotel when he re-signed for us and totally blanked him thinking FFS that bloke looks familiar - who is he?

Wished him luck and he signed my shift.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Jan 2011 17:08

Pardew got my shirt, I was on Meridian the day he left.

Had pass to take photos at the Madstad, at Xmas one year Wigan I think, not match pics tho.

Got JM to PAP, to mine and everyones surprise.

Put that poster on the light by Coppells parking space.

Was one of just a few fans that were there the day Coppell left, he seemed sad but it was inevitable.

RL you should have hugged Coppell, at least it would not have been ghey.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 17:47

Good job I wasn't there on his last day, I'd have grabbed his leg and tried to drag him back! :P

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Jan 2011 17:56

we must be the few that would like him still to be here. If only JM had let him have the break he needed. Worked for Brian Clough, used to take a holiday midseason I seem to remember, if only SC could have been allowed the same .

Fluff

by Fluff » 12 Jan 2011 20:53

Used to get a lift to Elm Park with Kevin Bremner.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 13 Jan 2011 12:39

Royal Lady Our room was opposite Hunty/Longy/Doyle and Lita - they were nice chaps.

Saw Glen Little by the indoor pool - he confirmed he was too injured to play and had no idea when he'd be back. :cry: I also loved Glen Little.

Was it four to a room or were they slumped in the corridor or on the patio?

Mrs BDC, SonOfBDC and me plus friends stayed at the same hotel as the team when Glen Little was on loan to us. At breakfast Pards asked us to vote whether Reading should sign him. We voted "Yes". Glen Little's Reading career is entirely down to us 8) 8) 8)

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 13 Jan 2011 12:43

Waaaaay too many to mention tbh.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Jan 2011 13:24

bobby m's syrup Mike Dixon once reffed our local league game as a stand-in when the regular guy failed to turn up.

Mike (RIP) and his wife run Martins newsagents on Overdown Road and I use to do a paper round for him.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 13 Jan 2011 14:38

Port Vale pitch invasion at Elm park (was it '98?). I was the star of the main photo in the Chronicle (I think) - holding up scarf and clearly shouting (probably Bullivant out I imagine) with comment below the picture something along on the lines of "Reading fans vent their fury"

Bearing in mind in 1998 Reading didn't have quite the local profile they do now (I think there were only about 4 supporters in my entire 6th form at the time), this temporary fame surprisingly did not enhance my street cred nor get me laid.

chandog

by chandog » 13 Jan 2011 17:10

my grandfathers uncle, Ted Hanney, played for reading and england at the olympics

hes been given a lot of attention by bbc berkshire recently as he was part of the team during WW1 and there was a feature on him in one of the recent programmes i believe

Borat

by Borat » 13 Jan 2011 17:31

I was topless in the main picture on the Tickets page of the website for a year while we were in the Prem. I also met Lita, Federici, Karacan, Long and Sonko in Q Bar. Chenquieh

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 14 Jan 2011 14:28

My mate once nicked Jamie Lamberts pack of fags in valbonnes.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 14 Jan 2011 14:39

I've managed to completely blank Alex Pearce on a few occasions, once quite brilliantly when he was stood behind me in the Megastore as I got his name printed on my shirt. As I turned he apparently made towards me to make conversation and I walked straight past, much to the hilarity of my mates.

Thinking about it that was the same day I was one of the 'fans' of the week' on Soccer AM and gave a mention to this fair forum

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 14 Jan 2011 14:52

Met John Madejski about 3 times.

The entire 2005/2006 team at Hogwood Park Training ground. Got all their autographs for a painting I created.

Bumped into James Harper in Asda Lower Earley.
8)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jan 2011 15:05

Leroy Lita ran over my foot in his humvee

Darren Caskey ate my chips in the weatherspoons over Caversham after I went to the toilet, He thought I had left, apologised and ordered two more portions, one for me and one for himself.

I outscored Phil Parkinson on Who wants to be a millionaire quiz machine, again in the Weatherspoons Caversham - At the time he was Colchester manager but presumably still lived nearby.

Glen Little gave me £20 after I called out to him as he dropped a wad of cash outside Ladbrookes.

On a guided tour of the training ground I left a floater in Steve Coppell's personal toilet, I think James Harper got the blame.

peeping bernal

by peeping bernal » 15 Jan 2011 00:24

Royal With Cheese
Was on the front page of the evening post on New Year's eve after being wrongfully arrested at Hull.

Was this about the theft of a Hull flag on the Oxford Road in the mid 90's? Think it was first or second game of the season it happened. I was also arrested at that away game in conjunction with that crime, only because my car got smashed up outside the ground next to the police vans they deceided to pull me, blame me of stealing the flag from a mini bus on the Oxford Road, theft of a car (my own car). Missed most of the game in the cells under the home end. TOSSERS!

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 15 Jan 2011 09:47

Had the pleasure of playing at Elm Park for Wokingham Town v Maiwand Lions way back in 1984. Maiwand Lions includes well known local players such as Andi Beales, Neville John, Nevada Phillips, John Griffiths and the Alleyne brothers. Wokingham included Dave Cox (Simon's Dad) and Terry Brown (now manager at AFC Wimbledon).
Also played against Reading in a pre season friendly. Played RM up against one M. Gilkes. He was quite fast !!!

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 15 Jan 2011 10:35

I am the only Reading FC fan who drank at the Prince of Wales, Stevenage Old Town

Rudolph Hucker

by Rudolph Hucker » 15 Jan 2011 14:39

Gary Peters winked at my Mum during the Lincoln away match 1985-86 (13th consecutive win)

I met Jimmy Quinn by the perfume counter in Debenhams in Swindon the day after he gota brace against Derby in the League Cup 1996ish (I didn't hide!)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Jan 2011 16:55

peeping bernal
Royal With Cheese
Was on the front page of the evening post on New Year's eve after being wrongfully arrested at Hull.

Was this about the theft of a Hull flag on the Oxford Road in the mid 90's? Think it was first or second game of the season it happened. I was also arrested at that away game in conjunction with that crime, only because my car got smashed up outside the ground next to the police vans they deceided to pull me, blame me of stealing the flag from a mini bus on the Oxford Road, theft of a car (my own car). Missed most of the game in the cells under the home end. TOSSERS!

That was the one.

285 posts