Kitson: shut it for a while!

Cookie

Kitson: shut it for a while!

by Cookie » 04 Jan 2008 23:14

Our very own ex-shelf-stacker Dave Kitson has discovered the press since he’s got himself back into the team. He has noticed that he can easily get media attention with some showy language. His comments to the Sunday Times back in November about clubs ripping off fans with outrageously priced replica kit got him a lot of popular approval, then in December, during a two hour interview he told The Guardian “I’m not interested in creating any publicity.â€
Last edited by Cookie on 06 Jan 2008 18:42, edited 2 times in total.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 04 Jan 2008 23:19

For me Kitson can say what he likes when he likes. He's doing the business on the pitch and that's where it counts for me.

And comparing his comment to Hoddles & the mad man that is David Ike is farcical.

For the record I couldn't give two shits about the FA Cup either.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Jan 2008 23:32

Tinrib For me Kitson can say what he likes when he likes. He's doing the business on the pitch and that's where it counts for me.

And comparing his comment to Hoddles & the mad man that is David Ike is farcical.

For the record I couldn't give two shits about the FA Cup either.

Explain why Kitson can say what he likes?, he is making our club look stupid. Don't give me the freedom of speech bollox.

For the record i do give a **** about the FA cup, its the best chance we've had to make a major cup final in our history at the moment.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 04 Jan 2008 23:37

He's lauded on other threads for his honesty so I'm going to laud him here as well.

I know it's clichéd to say it's refreshing, but I would imagine that not all of his comments are all of what he's thinking and that RFC use him as the rebel mouthpiece because they can trust him.

I get the impression that they do this with other players as well (Reading Between The Lines) so I would imagine that a clever bloke like Kits gets the attention he wants as well as speaking (sort of) on behalf of the club.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Jan 2008 23:37

Sebastian http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70408&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

HTH

As far as I'm concerned he's not making anyone look stupid - oh, and he can say whatever he likes, as that's (pretty much) the law.

Whether or not his employers like it is an entirely different thing.

As an employee of RFC he should not be able to say what he likes, he represents the club. Of course he can say what he likes, but you know what i mean.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 04 Jan 2008 23:43

I've got a strange feeling of deja vu.

Really not sure what the problem is here. Keep it up Dave, on and off the pitch.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 04 Jan 2008 23:44

I was just thinking we could do with ANOTHER thread on this subject. :roll: Go to bed already.

Daniella

by Daniella » 04 Jan 2008 23:55

Dave kitson and james Harpers opinions in this day and age are refreshing, keep it up lads, we need more honest pro's around.

GET RID OF ROBOTS

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 Jan 2008 00:02

Dave Kitson has more intelligence than the rest of most of you morons on here put together so f*ck off. He can stay at RFC as long as he likes, he's our best player by a street and if it's a crime to speak to the truth in this country nowadays then I hope he has enough money to do what I shall in the future and find sunnier climes.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2008 00:36

Royalee Dave Kitson has more intelligence than the rest of most of you morons on here put together so f*ck off. He can stay at RFC as long as he likes, he's our best player by a street and if it's a crime to speak to the truth in this country nowadays then I hope he has enough money to do what I shall in the future and find sunnier climes.

On that note - i am off to bed!!

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 05 Jan 2008 00:37

lol its refrehsing but he's not a genius ffs

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 Jan 2008 00:42

If he gets injured we're relegated, simple as.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2008 00:58

Daniella Dave kitson and james Harpers opinions in this day and age are refreshing, keep it up lads, we need more honest pro's around.

I agree entirely with you Daniella. :shock:

Daniella

by Daniella » 05 Jan 2008 01:05

Royal Rother
Daniella Dave kitson and james Harpers opinions in this day and age are refreshing, keep it up lads, we need more honest pro's around.

I agree entirely with you Daniella. :shock:

:shock: We can't have that, lets find another post to get back to usual business :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2008 01:12

Damn right chap!

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 05 Jan 2008 02:44

What he should have said was:

"the magic of the cup"
"the form book goes out the window"
"it's like a fairytale really"
"I'd give anything to walk out on that Wembley pitch"
"I'll have to pinch myself when...[insert anodyne comment]"

and

"Frank Lampard is a level headed humble man, who has the respect of every footballer in this country".

Lamberts Tipple

by Lamberts Tipple » 05 Jan 2008 08:39

Hard to disagree with anything that he said. The only thing that I didn't like was the line suggested that we will stay up because there are three worse teams than us. That smacked of a potential complancency.

The difference between David Kitson and Icke / Hoddle is that Kitson speaks the truth rather than buying in to the hype.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 05 Jan 2008 08:51

Thank the lord for Dave Kitson.

Football is cliche ridden, especially ex pro's that give the answer that the media want, if they were all like Kitson then we might not have to put up with constant bullshit where 99% interviews are pointless.

I sometimes listen to an interview and count the cliches coming from their mouths, alvin martin has cliche cancer and he cant go 4 seconds without spouting rubbish....

People offended by sir dave should go and eat a prawn sandwich.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Jan 2008 09:30

Well worth yet another thread.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Jan 2008 09:58

Royal Rother

I agree entirely with you Daniella.

Ditto.