If we really are one of the quietest teams....

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: If we really are one of the quietest teams....

by Ozymandias » 21 Jan 2008 15:34

Winchester Royal
Ozymandias If you want to sing, go to church.

If you want to watch football, buy a Sky box. Cheaper and people won't stand in front of you.

Great idea, that's just saved me £700 !and I don't have to leave with 10 minutes to go to miss the traffic.

Cheers WR

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 21 Jan 2008 15:36

these posts are extremely pointless, how many fans do you think will be reading this thread thinking hmmmm thats a really good song lets all sing that one, and even if they did it will be a handfull of the 24,000 at the madstad so really ask yourself, what sort of atmosphere will that bring??

its a good job we play enjoyable football cos if we didnt the madstad would be such a dull place to be on saturday afternoon. when any decent travelling support comes to Reading you realise how shit we really are.

all we need is just one song that we can call our own, like so many clubs have. Take Stoke City for instance, when they have sing dellilah, an anthem that sounds so impressive when the whole ground is singing it rather than blarmy blarmy blarmy blarmy, come on reading come on reading come on reading

pathetic

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Jan 2008 15:39

NewburyURZFan these posts are extremely pointless, how many fans do you think will be reading this thread thinking hmmmm thats a really good song lets all sing that one, and even if they did it will be a handfull of the 24,000 at the madstad so really ask yourself, what sort of atmosphere will that bring??

its a good job we play enjoyable football cos if we didnt the madstad would be such a dull place to be on saturday afternoon. when any decent travelling support comes to Reading you realise how shit we really are.

all we need is just one song that we can call our own, like so many clubs have. Take Stoke City for instance, when they have sing dellilah, an anthem that sounds so impressive when the whole ground is singing it rather than blarmy blarmy blarmy blarmy, come on reading come on reading come on reading

pathetic

thanks for that, now post something relevant to the point of this thread.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 21 Jan 2008 15:42

lowerwestjnr
NewburyURZFan these posts are extremely pointless, how many fans do you think will be reading this thread thinking hmmmm thats a really good song lets all sing that one, and even if they did it will be a handfull of the 24,000 at the madstad so really ask yourself, what sort of atmosphere will that bring??

pathetic

What he said

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 21 Jan 2008 15:46

Ozymandias
lowerwestjnr

pathetic

What he said

what are you 2 sleeping with each other?

it has everything to do with this thread

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 21 Jan 2008 15:48

I was just saying to the wife the other day, whatever happened to the Terry and June theme tune and then spent the best part of a shopping trip humming it. It seemed catchy before, is there a more up to date relevant theme. Gaunlet laid!

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 21 Jan 2008 15:52

Yes we are.

Don't post a slating of the club and supporters without any positives, just makes you out to be a berk

Stevie - Good call on the Terry and June, but we can't all hum !!!

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 21 Jan 2008 16:04

Ozymandias Yes we are.

Don't post a slating of the club and supporters without any positives, just makes you out to be a berk

Stevie - Good call on the Terry and June, but we can't all hum !!!

i wasnt slating the club just the lack of imagination from the home support

anyway like i said, we need something that is toatally original and one that will catch on. obviously something non offensive like calling the oppositon or neighbouring towns berks :roll:

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 21 Jan 2008 16:08

Carefree, where ever you may be
We are the famous RFC
and we don't give a f**** whoever you may be
'cause we are the famous RFC

We shall not be moved.
We shall not, we shall not be moved.
We shall not, we shall not be moved,
just like a team, that's not f***ing going down
we shall not be moved.

I especially like we shall not be moved when other teams sing it, it sounds really really loud and its easy to learn!!

We've never won f*** all
We've never won f*** all
we've never won f*** all
F*** all!

Who the f***ing hell are we?
who the f***ing hell are we?
who the f***ing,
who the f***ing,
who the f***ing hell are we?

i like all these we should try and sing these

I also think we should sing
OHH WHEN THE BLUES
GO STEAMING IN
OHHH WHEN THE BLUES GO STEAMING IN
HOW I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER
OH WHEN THE BLUES GO STEAMING IN (but do this really slowly like spurs do, and then clap in and sing it fas, it would be great!)

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 21 Jan 2008 16:13

Also....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=05fno4frbF8
this is how to support a team.... we can change the words to....

I am a reading fan
big part of coppels plan
and all i want and all i get is
F*** ALL but a premiership guarentee
oh what can it be john madejski!

you can change the words around but its a good song to keep singing non stop repeatedly

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 21 Jan 2008 16:20

Being the "Royal" team, we should make more use of "God Save the Queen",

And borrow some off of Rangers

Follow, follow,
We all follow Reading,
Anywhere, everywhere,
We will follow on,
Chelsea, West Ham,
fcuk Oxford and Swindon,
We're the famous Reading,
And we'll follow on!

Adapted Loyalist Songs would give us a harder image! - I'll get my Sash!>>>>>>>>>>

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 21 Jan 2008 17:10

Sung Slower, the Scottish way, to be different

Hullo, Hullo,
We are the Reading boys,
Hullo, Hullo,
You'll know us by our noise,
We're up from the leagues,
And we don't give a fcuk,
About yer history.
We are the famous Royal Boys!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 21 Jan 2008 18:03

Meat Pie, Sausage Roll, c'mon Kitson, score us a goal!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2008 18:47

Cantaremos só pra ti, Reading, Reading
Cantaremos só pra, Reading allez
Reading allez, Reading allez
Cantaremos só pra ti Reading allez.

Saltaremos só pra ti, Reading, Reading
Saltaremos só pra ti, Reading allez
Saltaremos só pra ti Reading allez.

Bate palmas só pra ti, Reading, Reading
Bate palmas só pra ti, Reading allez
Bate palmas só pra ti Reading allez.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2008 18:55

How sad we've resorted to HNA to make up chants.

In the good ol' days anything you chanted would be picked up and supported by those around you, and through banter and expermient new chants would evolve.

Now if you sing anything other than blarmy you get people turn round and stare at you like you've just sworn out loud during a funeral.

The future's bright. The future is plastic as f*ck.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 21 Jan 2008 19:06

I still think this is something that STAR could lead with, invite suggestions and lobby the club to play a variety of popular tunes that can have lyrics adapted or used in their original form if, and it's a big if, a particular favourite emerges it will be adopted and used. However the songs that become associated with the teams like Stoke/Delilah etc just click, (after months or years of familiarity through the ground's pa and fan support. There is no particular rhyme or reasons to success, Terry & June was/is brilliant, funny, unique and quirky, but no lyric. Perhaps a talented song writer could help with a new arrangement? For a number of reason some time ago I suggested, "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" as a possible RFC song, but I will be the first to admit/agree that any suggestion lacks spontaneity! The one thing that "anthems" seem to have in common is that they capture a mood, like "Nessum dorma" "I vow to thee my country" and so fourth. It may seem an odd place to look, but favourite/popular hymns often provide inspiration for sports use, Songs of Praise anybody?

Tune "He who would valiant be"

"He who would Reading be, 'gainst all disaster, in Coppell we believe, follow the master"

"Though Arsenal flee away, I'm Reading night and day, I'll support them all the way, 'cause I am Reading"

I'll get my cassock :)
Last edited by sucatraps on 21 Jan 2008 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2008 19:13

sucatraps "Though Arsenal flee away, I'm Reading night and day"

Flee away? Where have they fled to and why? You just haven't thought this through have you :|

Mods, can I kindly suggest that any future threads imploring chant/song suggestion be met with a firm line, a banning perhaps or preferably summary execution.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Jan 2008 19:19

Ivar!,Where ever you may be,we are the famous Reading FC
Happy,Glory and Proud,
Ivar!,Where ever you may be,we are the famous Reading FC

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 21 Jan 2008 19:22

floyd__streete
sucatraps "Though Arsenal flee away, I'm Reading night and day"

Flee away? Where have they fled to and why? You just haven't thought this through have you :|

Mods, can I kindly suggest that any future threads imploring chant/song suggestion be met with a firm line, a banning perhaps or preferably summary execution.

I sense the lady doth protest too much, are you a closet gooner? :shock:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Jan 2008 20:49

sucatraps I still think this is something that STAR could lead with, invite suggestions and lobby the club to play a variety of popular tunes that can have lyrics adapted or used in their original form if, and it's a big if, a particular favourite emerges it will be adopted and used. However the songs that become associated with the teams like Stoke/Delilah etc just click, (after months or years of familiarity through the ground's pa and fan support. There is no particular rhyme or reasons to success, Terry & June was/is brilliant, funny, unique and quirky, but no lyric. Perhaps a talented song writer could help with a new arrangement? For a number of reason some time ago I suggested, "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" as a possible RFC song, but I will be the first to admit/agree that any suggestion lacks spontaneity! The one thing that "anthems" seem to have in common is that they capture a mood, like "Nessum dorma" "I vow to thee my country" and so fourth. It may seem an odd place to look, but favourite/popular hymns often provide inspiration for sports use, Songs of Praise anybody?

Tune "He who would valiant be"

"He who would Reading be, 'gainst all disaster, in Coppell we believe, follow the master"

"Though Arsenal flee away, I'm Reading night and day, I'll support them all the way, 'cause I am Reading"

I'll get my cassock :)

To take one example you used, "Delilah" - this was on a juke box in a pub full of Stokies and they started singing along to it and it stuck, and it spread from there. But the point is that it was completely spontaneous, from amongst the fans, without their club or their supporters' organisation trying to organise it for them.

And that, I'm afraid, is the only way it will work these days. Spontaneous, or not at all. Anyone who tries to organise anything will get derided for it, and many people will resists any such new idea precisely because it is something that they personally weren't involved in choosing.

That's the reality, I'm afraid - but you're definitely right that a song needs to catch a mood. I thought we nearly had it with "Sweet Caroline" - which to me still captures the mood of that glorious last month in the Championship season, but it was never really persevered with, and, of course, for everyone who liked it someone else hated it just as violently. :roll: