What is it with Rosenior??

127 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What is it with Rosenior??

by loyalroyal4life » 07 May 2008 20:49

He had the best shot on goal out of everyone on saturday and he is meant to be our right back!! He is a decent player

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 07 May 2008 20:59

I like him positionally, and on the whole defensively. His distribution needs work. He also really needs to do something with those oxf*rd boots of his. Once again he slips in a vital position and it costs us a goal, and ultimately anything from the game. It's so infuriating watching goals go in when that man was in a position to potentially halt the attack, yet we go one behind and end up getting nothing from the game.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 May 2008 13:55

rg6royal Cracking player...

I agree

bn2001uk

by bn2001uk » 08 May 2008 14:01

Rosenior has showed a level of amturity to bide his time until he got a chance and now he has really staked his place in the first team.
He has had hardly any defensive support for the past few games by whoever is playing in right midfield at the time but has done pretty well.
Good young player which is the kind of person we should look to attract at Reading not some foreign league players who tend to take a full season to adjust to the pace of the Premiership.

Now if he can discover his leadership skills then that would be a real bonus.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 May 2008 14:07

Rosenior is clearly on Coppell's & the club's approved list.

After the Spurs game, BBCRB were told no players would be allowed to give interviews to the press. Then suddenly Rosenior appears and provides one.

Then guess who has been given all the interviews this week?! He is obviously trusted to handle the media and say the right sort of things.

nicky's left foot

by nicky's left foot » 08 May 2008 14:10

Rosenoir is smart enough to make sure he's not going to be misquoted in the press a la Marek and Convey thats why he's doing the interviews. Think its only Doyle Murty and him that are allowed to do press atm. Obviously due to recent circumstances Doyle's not keen on doing the press.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2008 14:35

Royalee
TBM
Royalee He slipped...again.

It wasn't a slip at all - he threw himself infront of Keane, thinking Keane was going to shoot but instead he played a nice dummy and took the ball past Rosenior when he saw that he had committed himself

He slipped, end of.

:roll: why is it "end of" - watch the highlights again and also Goals on Sunday went into detail about why Rosenior dived in to block the shot

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 08 May 2008 14:40

handbags_harris I like him positionally, and on the whole defensively. His distribution needs work. He also really needs to do something with those oxf*rd boots of his.

I agree that defensively he is sound but his distribution from defence needs working on. We've got a quality right back if he can sort that out.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 08 May 2008 14:42

RoyalBlue Rosenior is clearly on Coppell's & the club's approved list.

After the Spurs game, BBCRB were told no players would be allowed to give interviews to the press. Then suddenly Rosenior appears and provides one.

Then guess who has been given all the interviews this week?! He is obviously trusted to handle the media and say the right sort of things.

Media savvy, probably learnt alot from his dad about how to be a 'professional footballer'...like his attitude and enthusiasm...definite future at this club.

His distribution may not be amazing...but often in the situation we have been in lately, whacking it downfield to clear your lines...is often a far better option than dilly dallying on it and getting caught out. Most of the team lately seem to have been playing with a hot potato and can't get rid of it quick enough

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2008 17:58

Turns8
RoyalBlue Rosenior is clearly on Coppell's & the club's approved list.

Media savvy, probably learnt alot from his dad about how to be a 'professional footballer'...like his attitude and enthusiasm...definite future at this club.

His distribution may not be amazing...but often in the situation we have been in lately, whacking it downfield to clear your lines...is often a far better option than dilly dallying on it and getting caught out. Most of the team lately seem to have been playing with a hot potato and can't get rid of it quick enough

I agree with the last bit, which is why I think it's a shame that he plays short passes out into touch or to the opposition.

tlcs

ROSENIOR

by tlcs » 24 Aug 2008 09:37

The end of last year we swopped a right winger for a future replacement for Murty, at the time everyone was rejoycing.
Did anybody see that reject yesterday help rip apart Arsenal the conclusion of this is that our backroom staff have been failing us for sometime, i dont think Coleman or Sanchez couldnt both be wrong and the true fact is Rosenior is really really bad .These players cant live on want they have done in the past and the reputations that players like Lita and Rosenior HAD can no longer exist.
Drop them both and bring in Kelly he cant be as bad as our present RB,AND GIVE Noel a chance .

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 24 Aug 2008 09:49

The one thing I really do like about Rosenier is that he stops crossed from getting into the box. A defender who we need to worry about it Ingi imo.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2008 10:04

rg6royal The one thing I really do like about Rosenier is that he stops crossed from getting into the box.

Abd I'm sure I've heard several well-respected pundits (ex-players) state that the prime role of left & right backs is to stop crosses coming in!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 24 Aug 2008 10:06

Shame he cant mark his man in the box.

tlcs

by tlcs » 24 Aug 2008 10:17

Just seen the lowlights on ITV...i cant believe the marking for the third and fourth goals or rather the lack of it,im glad we are paying him to stop the crosses coming in ....GET REAL

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2008 10:25

tlcs Just seen the lowlights on ITV...i cant believe the marking for the third and fourth goals or rather the lack of it,im glad we are paying him to stop the crosses coming in ....GET REAL

Might I suggest it was actually the right midfielder's responsibilty to track back and pick up the man coming in on the far post?

Trouble is, I'm not sure Kebe knows where his own penalty area is (unlike Glen Little).

kiddy royal

by kiddy royal » 24 Aug 2008 10:35

think we have to also look at that fool Downes ever since he arrived we have played hoofball!!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Aug 2008 12:33

For someone who said they were better than Micah Richards, he's not very good is he?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 24 Aug 2008 12:46

RoyalBlue
tlcs Just seen the lowlights on ITV...i cant believe the marking for the third and fourth goals or rather the lack of it,im glad we are paying him to stop the crosses coming in ....GET REAL

Might I suggest it was actually the right midfielder's responsibilty to track back and pick up the man coming in on the far post?

Trouble is, I'm not sure Kebe knows where his own penalty area is (unlike Glen Little).

I've noticed that Kebe never comes back when the opponents have a corner even though he is actually quite tall!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Aug 2008 12:50

rg6royal
RoyalBlue

I've noticed that Kebe never comes back when the opponents have a corner even though he is actually quite tall!

I think he's told to do that. He's not very good in the air, but Doyle and Lita can both head the ball. Convey's left on the edge of the area so he can break away Millwall style, and Kebe's already up there to get on the end of any clearances. I'd rather have Kebe shielding the ball from defenders than Convey.

127 posts