Down

by Avon Royal » 11 May 2008 16:52

:cry:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Down

by FiNeRaIn » 11 May 2008 16:54

Completely deserved, don't have a right to be upset or gutted by that. We've been terrible all season and thats what happens when you don't invest in the team. Congratulations fulham, they have more more quality than us and its completely deserved.
We deserve nothing more than championship football.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 11 May 2008 16:55

:cry: :cry:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 11 May 2008 17:44

i've got nothing to say. i'm broken

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 11 May 2008 17:48

I'm stunned, it hasnt sunk in. In a way I'm really gutted as I know we are gonna lose a lot of players, may have been crap this yr but not looking forward to losing all the strikers

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 11 May 2008 17:50

saw this coming and it’s happened today. Reading did not invest enough in the Transfer market and have paid the price for their mistakes. The Chairman was more focused on building new hotels and having a railway station near the ground what a complete waste of time and money. The manager has to take the blame as well because he banned two of his players when there was only 2 games left in the season as they refused to play for the reserves. He also put Leroy Lita on a 3 month loan leaving them with only 3 strikers Kevin Doyle who had not scored in 19+ games, Dave Kitson alright but nothing special, Shane Long only made a handful appearance, didn't score many and should have been the one on the loan deal not Lita. The support for the Royals has been shocking all season at home and only start singing when they are winning or the ref make a poor decision. You have to support the team no matter what whether you are loosing, drawing or winning and make the atmosphere intimidating for the away team but as you know that rarely happens.

I am pleased the Royals went down they deserved it after getting beaten by Fulham twice and also Bolton.

So if you are Royals fan listen to this it should cheer you up lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 11 May 2008 17:51

Being in the US, the 2nd biggest negative is not being able to watch the matches - except for spotty Internet viewing.

To be fair, Fulham really deserved to stay-up given their run-in form and our record against them this season.
Last edited by PremAddict on 11 May 2008 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 11 May 2008 17:51

RTFC Drummer saw this coming and it’s happened today. Reading did not invest enough in the Transfer market and have paid the price for their mistakes. The Chairman was more focused on building new hotels and having a railway station near the ground what a complete waste of time and money. The manager has to take the blame as well because he banned two of his players when there was only 2 games left in the season as they refused to play for the reserves. He also put Leroy Lita on a 3 month loan leaving them with only 3 strikers Kevin Doyle who had not scored in 19+ games, Dave Kitson alright but nothing special, Shane Long only made a handful appearance, didn't score many and should have been the one on the loan deal not Lita. The support for the Royals has been shocking all season at home and only start singing when they are winning or the ref make a poor decision. You have to support the team no matter what whether you are loosing, drawing or winning and make the atmosphere intimidating for the away team but as you know that rarely happens.

I am pleased the Royals went down they deserved it after getting beaten by Fulham twice and also Bolton.

So if you are Royals fan listen to this it should cheer you up lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

You say we have to support our team, yet admittedly, you are pleased we went down. Go away. Fickle child.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 11 May 2008 17:54

It's a bugger!

But it's not the first time I've seen Reading relegated and I doubt it will be the last.

I'm fairly confident that we'll be back in the top-flight soon too.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 11 May 2008 17:55

We have the best manager & chairman in our history but the fans want to blame someone, its enough to make you want to give up on football.

Even trying to blame wally downes, this guy helped make our defence the best in the championship & pretty decent last season.

Short term.
Last edited by 2.8 lita injection on 11 May 2008 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 11 May 2008 17:56

AbovetheI
RTFC Drummer saw this coming and it’s happened today. Reading did not invest enough in the Transfer market and have paid the price for their mistakes. The Chairman was more focused on building new hotels and having a railway station near the ground what a complete waste of time and money. The manager has to take the blame as well because he banned two of his players when there was only 2 games left in the season as they refused to play for the reserves. He also put Leroy Lita on a 3 month loan leaving them with only 3 strikers Kevin Doyle who had not scored in 19+ games, Dave Kitson alright but nothing special, Shane Long only made a handful appearance, didn't score many and should have been the one on the loan deal not Lita. The support for the Royals has been shocking all season at home and only start singing when they are winning or the ref make a poor decision. You have to support the team no matter what whether you are loosing, drawing or winning and make the atmosphere intimidating for the away team but as you know that rarely happens.

You say we have to support our team, yet admittedly, you are pleased we went down. Go away. Fickle child.

Fulham invested in some decent players! Correct if I am wrong but didn't FULHAM STAY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 11 May 2008 17:56

Reading have been relegated before and will be relegated again (hopefully not next year though).

Who ever said supporting Reading should be easy?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 11 May 2008 17:57

Never thought i`d be sick as the proverbial parrott on the back of a 4 nil away victory in the premiership.
There will be some major changes but lets hope we can smash the championship again and be stronger next time around.Chin up folks well be back.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 11 May 2008 18:00

RTFC Drummer
AbovetheI

Fulham invested in some decent players! Correct if I am wrong but didn't FULHAM STAY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not being funny, but why have you highlighted something completely irrelevant to my statement?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 May 2008 18:05

Flyingkiwi It's a bugger!

But it's not the first time I've seen Reading relegated and I doubt it will be the last.

I'm fairly confident that we'll be back in the top-flight soon too.

Yeh, like so many were confident that ,despite a lack of PL level investment in players and wages, we would stay up this season! :evil:

Not unless Madjeski changes his spots and finally starts to put real money behind all his talk of ambition we won't!

'Compete effectively at this level' - my *rse!

We just stepped onto the slide today. Coppell and our best players will go, accompanied by more empty rhetoric about ambition from our Chairman. We will be fighting at the wrong end of the table again next season. :twisted:

2.8 lita injection We have the best manager & chairman in our history but the fans want to blame someone, its enough to make you want to give up on football.

Even trying to blame wally downes, this guy helped make our defence the best in the championship & pretty decent last season.

Short term.

So it was just down to bad luck was it?!

Tell me what promises/boasts Madjeski has delivered on this season?!

Oh, I forgot, he delivered a nice new media centre! :twisted:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 11 May 2008 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

THE INQUEST

by Chaney » 11 May 2008 18:05

OK, so who is to blame for our relegation?..here is a thread exclusively for you to vent your anger at the club, is it Steve Coppell, relegated 3 times now from the top league, that now infamous quote that "he had the funds but chose not to spend" now seems to be stupid to say the least,
is it Nicky Hammond?..he appears to be the chief scout right now..its his job to find the bargains, maybe he did a reasonable job..but bargains don`t always work in the premier league.
is it John Madejski?..you could argue that his reluctance to slash the cash as cost us our place at the pinnacle of English football, that case can be argued in his favour...but if we don`t bounce straight back the club will lose in the long term.

YOU DECIDE.

TW15Royal

by TW15Royal » 11 May 2008 18:06

So all we need to do how is invest in the team, stick with the manager and fingers crossed for another record breaking points season next year....come on you royals.... :D

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: THE INQUEST

by crossie » 11 May 2008 18:06

The players for not kicking the ball into the goal enough.

g

Re: THE INQUEST

by g » 11 May 2008 18:08

All of the above

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 May 2008 18:08

TW15Royal So all we need to do how is invest in the team, stick with the manager and fingers crossed for another record breaking points season next year....come on you royals.... :D

I hadn't realised that Madejski had managed to sell the club!

143 posts