Dave Kitson Tribute Thread

157 posts
Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Dave Kitson Tribute Thread

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Jul 2008 17:32

Dirk Gently Already nominated the goal at Fratton Park where he beat James to the ball way outside the box.

Overhead kick at Bradford City, won't be beaten

Toadie

by Toadie » 18 Jul 2008 17:34

Goodbye our flame-haired attacker,
At Bradford you scored quite a cracker,
The hat-trick against Gills,
Gave the Loyal Royals thrills,
Not bad for a former shelf-stacker.

**bows**

I thank you.

Glen Little's Nose
Location: Watching Adam Miller dive nose first into the West Stand!

by Glen Little's Nose » 18 Jul 2008 17:36

Good Luck Dave.

It was a pleasure to see you play for Reading.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 18 Jul 2008 17:37

Bill Oddie's Beard
Shaka's Giant Hands Just been to the stadium and stood in his car park space...I was all alone, no camera's, no other fans...just an empty Wotsit packet that blew past :cry:

Must be a sign...

:lol:

Do you mean the bike shed?

I did look behind there but only saw Shorey and Little...

maf82

by maf82 » 18 Jul 2008 17:53

he will be back in the championship again next season anyway.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 18 Jul 2008 18:00

Thanks Kits for all you have done for Reading.My personal highlight was watching him attempt a bicycle kick in front of the north stand and completely miss!

EastStandRoyal

by EastStandRoyal » 18 Jul 2008 18:02

I remember there being a thread a while back that was based on fans being upset when a player has left the club, and can I say now that my mood has gone down quite alot seeing this news!

What a player he was, the things that guy did were nothing short of unbelievable, he could pick a pass out 30 yards away without even looking at the player at times.

Will never be forgotten and will always be thanked.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 18 Jul 2008 18:04

EastStandRoyal I remember there being a thread a while back that was based on fans being upset when a player has left the club, and can I say now that my mood has gone down quite alot seeing this news!

What a player he was, the things that guy did were nothing short of unbelievable, he could pick a pass out 30 yards away without even looking at the player at times.

Will never be forgotten and will always be thanked.

Agree 100%

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 18 Jul 2008 18:05

I wish him all the best he has been top man for us and deserves the chance to stay in the Premiership, and besides I bet when he saw the new away strip he knew it was time to go with that colour shirt and his hair colour !!

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 18 Jul 2008 18:52

Very sad at the news. He is one of those players who I could easily have seen see out his career at Reading, but then maybe that was just wishful thinking.
Will never forget him in a Reading shirt, but then half of me thinks 'sideways move???' (yes, I do realise Stoke have gone up, :roll: ,but then the roles could very easily be reversed after this season.
As already mentioned, it's amazing how money brings hypocrisy to someone.
I want more than anything for us to go up and Stoke to go down.

chandog

by chandog » 18 Jul 2008 19:33

I am feeling upset as we have now lost both our gingers - sidwell and kits :cry:
Both were great players for us and will be missed
Just got to hope that the money we get for kits will be spent on a good replacement

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 18 Jul 2008 19:50

5 years good service, you just can't complain considering what we paid him.

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 18 Jul 2008 20:03

Been a great player, shame to see him leave. All the best Kits!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Jul 2008 20:04

Fantastic signing and very sad he has gone to a club that we have out-performed over the last decade.
Thats what worries me most.
Its also so frustrating losing a player that we knew would score a load of goals at this level next season.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jul 2008 20:07

Cheers Dave for everything you have done ....(including my username!! :cry: ). However as others have stated this just seems a sideways move and I hope for your sake Stoke stay up becuase otherwise you'll be doing this again next year!!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 18 Jul 2008 20:14

Everybody's a winner.
We get a suitable fee
Kitson stays in the Premiership, where he belongs
Stoke get somebody who is competent at Premiership level - better than Chopra or the rubbish Scottish players that Derby and Birmingham signed

Good luck to Kitson - he was great!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Jul 2008 20:26

David.

You have talent. You always tried your best. you scored some great goals for the Royals. I can ask no more from a player of my club. Even though I'm sad to see you go I hope you do well in the Potteries.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Jul 2008 20:27

I just posted something really inspirational, but then the stupid internet decided to stop responding.

Dave, you are the second coming of Mr. Friday. Ginger striker, outspoken, who hates pundits. Plays for RFC. Legend.
Without you we will suffer, as we nearly always do when you are injured. Well done for everything, thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

You legend.

You absouloute legend.

You.

Remember when Kits, Sidwell and Shorey were down injured 3 years ago, just before half time? I can't remember who we were playing. Anyway, I felt despair. I was resigned to the fact we wouldn't go up that year. But then Kevin Doyle came on and scored. None of us have looked back since. But now we've lost Sidwell, just lost Kitson and will lose Shorey. Even worse, we've lost Little too. I feel despair- I'm resigned to the fact that we won't go up this year. Who will prove me wrong again? Who will be Kevin Doyle? * Who will take us to the promised land?

Other than Kevin Doyle himself

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Jul 2008 20:37

A legend !! You are taking the pist , another fat cat average player jumping on the gravy train tto the mad world that os the Premiership , another overpaid so so player going to a club taking desperate measures to try and survive , see you on the way down Kits , thanks for your time , we'll wave on the way up at the end of next season .

SCIAG I just posted something really inspirational, but then the stupid internet decided to stop responding.

Dave, you are the second coming of Mr. Friday. Ginger striker, outspoken, who hates pundits. Plays for RFC. Legend.
Without you we will suffer, as we nearly always do when you are injured. Well done for everything, thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

You legend.

You absouloute legend.

You.

Remember when Kits, Sidwell and Shorey were down injured 3 years ago, just before half time? I can't remember who we were playing. Anyway, I felt despair. I was resigned to the fact we wouldn't go up that year. But then Kevin Doyle came on and scored. None of us have looked back since. But now we've lost Sidwell, just lost Kitson and will lose Shorey. Even worse, we've lost Little too. I feel despair- I'm resigned to the fact that we won't go up this year. Who will prove me wrong again? Who will be Kevin Doyle? * Who will take us to the promised land?Other than Kevin Doyle himself

georgerob

by georgerob » 18 Jul 2008 20:50

everyone's seem to have forget how good of a defender kitson was for us aswell......... always putting opposition players under pressure when they have the ball, always clearing his lines from a corner, freekick etc......... kitson was a great all round player for reading and served reading well throughout the last 5 years.
his song truly merits what he was for reading a bargain, good luck kitson

157 posts