Match Ratings

lovetoscore

Match Ratings

by lovetoscore » 23 Aug 2008 15:11

Thought we were totally outplayed by decent Charlton side today.Exciting game but we lacked quality going forward and just could not cope with their wing play.

My ratings

USA 5.Partly at faul for spilling the ball for their first goal.Otherwise not much else he could do
Rosenior 5.Totally outclased by Bouazza
S Hunt 6.Got stuck in but not natural left back.looked ok coming forward.Took guts to retake pen
Sonko 5.What a weird performance-great headed goal and brilliant defending at times in first half.Gave away stupid pen (again!) and ridiculous challenge that deserved sending off late on
Ivar 5-too slow and too easily turned
Harper 4-non existent again in midfield-cant tackle and cant pass
Cisse 5-a few tackles but no creativity.
Convey 5-Too easily muscled off ball but good ball in for sonkos header
Kebe 6-some decent runs and looked our only player capable of creating anything till N hunt came on
Doyle 4-no confidence,cant hold the ball up and looks like he will never score again.
Lita 4-very quiet game and again cant hold the ball up

N Hunt 7.looked sharp and very unlucky to hit woodwork-for gods sake pls coppell start him next game in place of doyle
Long 4.looked lost and clueless
Pearce 6.did nothing wrong

We made Charlton look like man utd today. We have a lot of work to do and mid table mediocrity here we come!

readingfc13

Re: Match Ratings

by readingfc13 » 23 Aug 2008 15:16

Long deserves more than a 4!!! He did more than both Lita and Doyle combined in the short time that he was on the pitch. :|

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2008 15:20

Long isn't the messiah that everyone makes out. Mooney is untried and untested - but N Hunt from the little I've managed to see of him so far, actually looks more up for it than any other of our strikers and we can't do any worse if we give him a chance. IMHO.

I'd more or less agree with those match ratings btw. No one really shone, though I thought Sonko would have scored higher if he hadn't got sent off.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Aug 2008 15:23

Rosenior should get a zero.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2008 15:24

readingfc13 Long deserves more than a 4!!! He did more than both Lita and Doyle combined in the short time that he was on the pitch. :|

Shank it well wide from 5 yards? OK.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Aug 2008 15:26

I think Ingimarsson has to cover for SHunt at left-back sometimes as Hunt hares back from a forward position.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 23 Aug 2008 15:52

2.8 lita injection Rosenior should get a zero.

I have to agree, and he had the front to comment on BBCRB that he thought that there were no defensive errors :shock:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Aug 2008 16:12

USA 6.........Dunno should have done better with the first but as for the rest, he had no cover.
Rosenior 4...Really disappointing, though he would have been better than this
Sonko 4......Scored yes, but defensively poor, penalty and sent off again !
Ingi 4.........Has run his course, out to grass time
Hunt 6........He is not a left back, but worked his arse off, must be back on the left side of midfield next week.
Kebe 6........Looked ok in the first half, but cant expect too much if he never gets the ball
Cisse 3.......Didnt think he was playing, dire !
Harper 5.....Needs someone next to him to create for the strikers. He isnt a playmaker and never will be.
Convey 3.....Struggling since his injury, and poor today never created anything
Doyle 3.......I look more likely to score than he does, should never have taken the first penalty.
Lita 5......... He is a goalscorer but gets absolutely no service, hard to mark him in this game

Subs:

Hunt 7....... A real bright light, he MUST play next week, like his bro, full of energy and enthusiasm.
Long 6........Done ok similar to Hunt must be worth a run out soon.
Pierce 7......Calm, Composed without doubt should be i next weekend'

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Aug 2008 16:22

Amazing we made as much of a fight as we did really when we had Cisse, Doyle, Lita and Rosenior all of whom were absolutely rank.

Steve, however much you might want him to be, Cisse is NOT a midfield player. He is truly truly awful when pressurised. Reserve central defender?- absolutely. Reserve emergency striker? - well, weirdly (and with TIC) perhaps yes; he had a couple of decent shots and looked far more capable of putting the ball in the back of the net than Doyle and Lita, but midfield, absolutely NO.

If you play him there against Palace I am going to start going off you.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Aug 2008 16:29

Marcus- 5
Rosenior- 5
Hunt- 6
Ingimarsson-6
Sonko- 7
Kebe- 7
Convey- 6
Harper- 6
Cisse- 6
Lita- 5
Doyle- 4

Hunt- 7
Long- 7
Pearce- 7

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 23 Aug 2008 16:38

Yet again it was a match we should have won but yet again we saw a poor team selection by Coppell and I'm starting to doubt his abilities.

I thought Sonko played well, never was a penalty and before he got sent off was by far our best defender.

Cisse- 2...he is such a bad player it's untrue. I haven't seen Karacan play but after conversations with other fans who have seen him in pre season he sounds really promising and must be given a chance. Cisse cannot tackle or pass the ball. We still have yet to replace Sidwell and it's worrying.

Doyle- 4...the lad needs confidence but needs to be dropped.

N. Hunt and Long were the best players on the park when they came on, Long plays like Doyle did in our championship winning season, direct and to the byline, creating chances for N. Hunt. They have to start with both of those players up front...the enthusiasm is there and so is the confidence.

Ivar- 4...days are numbered mate, your legs are gone. Pearce and Bikey should be starting for me. Pearce looks strong and again confident. Bikey is the best defender in the league.

All in all it looks like we will be about mid table this season which is a let down considering the money available and the players we have lost

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Aug 2008 16:59

USA 6

Rosenior 4
Sonko 8 (nothing he could do about the sending off, penalty was iffy)
Ingimarsson 6
S Hunt 5

Kebe 6
Harper 6
Cisse 5
Convey 6

Doyle 6
Lita 4

Subs:
N Hunt 6
Long, Pearce N/A.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 23 Aug 2008 17:15

USA - 6 - a few saves, kicking poor, having not seen any replays i don't know how much more he could have done for the goals

Rosenior - 2 - was at fault far at least two of the goals today (from my viewing anyway as i have seen no replays) and consistently passed the ball out of play, to the opposition or the center backs head.

Hunt - 6 - Usual Hunt, tried his hardest but his inexperience at left back is starting to show against better teams, positionally all over the place for large chunks

Sonko - 6- Scored again, in three games got half the amount doyle got all last season...Still mistake prone, mixed great tackels with misjudged headers. never two yellows

Ivar - 3 - Good servant to the club but the days of him been Mr consistent have gone. Was beaten in the air time after time, was turned far to easily and has no pace to recover.

Kebe - 6 - glimmer of hope, showed some nice touches and is growing in confidence, however needs to get more involved in the game for longer periods as he can float in and out.

Cisse - 0.5 - how the oxf*rd did he make it as a professional footballer? i don't see what he brings to the team, crap first touch, can't head tackle or pass, can't dribble and can't shoot. Is constantly out muscled by the opposition....what is the point of him been in the team? all he does is give the ball away.

Harper - 3- Typical harper away performance...disappears for large periods, doesn't tackle or head, is out muscled and contributes nothing going forward.

Convey - 3 - A player i like, but he was truly awful today, chickened out of every ball which was there to be won, never took his man on and kept losing the ball

Doyle - 3 - No confidence, end of story. but he is not helped at all by the complete incompetence of the midfield giving them nothing except hopeful punts upfield. should never miss target from the spot.

Lita - 4 - needs a strike partner who can hold the ball up and play him in, long ball is not his game and similar situation to doyle

N Hunt, Long, Pearce - 6 - the one good thing from today, Pearce looks a real cool head and a much younger version of Ivar, only short cameo appearance but looked very comfortable on the ball and looked to play football rather than hoofball. N hunt showed enthusiasm and some talent which we badly need, he went looking for the ball and got his head up, looks a useful player.

Today showed up a few HUGE flaws in our team
- How much we miss shorey's ability to distribute the ball, the whole back line looks lost without him as the all used to give the ball to him to pass out of defence, but now he has gone they just punt it upfield. SHunt has done a decent job but a ball playing defender (preferably a left back) must be a priority.
- We desperately needs a ball winning CM (possibly Bikey could play this role), everytime they got the ball they just walked through Harper and Cisse as if they weren't even there, it has gone on for over a year now but now we need to sort it out or we are staring midtable mediocrity in the face. We still haven't replaced Sidwell.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Aug 2008 17:20

USA 4 First bad game in a while
Rosenior 4 bad passing and provided no obstacle to their attackers
S Hunt 5 got found out as a left back today
Sonko 4 back to being sent off
Ivar 6 held the defence together well
Harper 6 motm?
Cisse 6- solid
Convey 3 lightweight
Kebe 6 enjoyable performance and that is a great trick
Doyle 1 I don't see how a forward can have a worse performance
Lita 4 off form - the ball just isn't sticking to him - but lone striker is hard

N Hunt 6 looked good
Long 6 looked good - managed to get the ball inside the box and find people
Pearce n/a

Charlton played well

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Aug 2008 17:24

What did Marcus do wrong? :shock:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 23 Aug 2008 17:26

Royal Rother What did Marcus do wrong? :shock:

was the cross deflected that he lost in the air?
he totally fluffed it if not

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Aug 2008 17:31

Royal Rother What did Marcus do wrong? :shock:

First goal

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Aug 2008 17:35

Flapped at the first goal then gave it to the scorer.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Aug 2008 17:38

Deflected shot, yes. He did as well as he could with that, although I suppose he flapped a bit at the first cross, I think that may have been deflected as well.

Anyway, other than that I thought he was good. Don't think he punted into touch once either. Result!

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 23 Aug 2008 18:11

SCIAG USA 6

Rosenior 4
Sonko 8 (nothing he could do about the sending off, penalty was iffy)
Ingimarsson 6
S Hunt 5

Kebe 6
Harper 6
Cisse 5
Convey 6

Doyle 6
Lita 4

Subs:
N Hunt 6
Long, Pearce N/A.

I'm sorry but I cannot let this pass. Perhaps you were at the game for which I will give you respect and the benefit of the doubt, but for those that watched on tele it was quite clear how poor Sonko was. The first goal Sonko was a yard behind the line playing holland etc onside, and also allowed the ball to bypass him. If he is in line then Holland doesn't reach that ball. Penalty - Sonko is absolutely burned for pace, and leans in, silly, gives away the goal. The sending off was a rash challenge. Also Gray's header into the crossbar, Sonko was once again a yard behind the line, plays Gray onside (incorrectly flagged off) and almost a goal. He might well have scored a superb header, but he is a yard off the pace and is imho not a shadow of the player he was. You have your Rosenior rating right though, his distribution was dire.