Back from the Preston game

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game

by 3 veesinarow » 20 Oct 2008 16:18

BarryWhiteRFC When Preston play Blackburn/Morecambe/Blackpool they are the kind of chants that do fly backwards and forwards. I just want to start some rivalry between us and Preston, and whilst the chants aren't that imaginitive, it's no more inspirational than chanting about stabbing Swindon fans.

Errr...isn't the point of "rivalry" chants based on a geographical hatred of neighbouring teams rather than irrationally trying to get 1500 people to voice your own displeasure at being murked by an OAP some years ago? ColU & Wycombe is an obvious exception, before any smartarse comes back.

Banter is something like "stick the hoover up your arse" which, whilst crude, is at least relevant. Simply repeating "What do you think of Preston?Shit! What do you think of shit?Preston!" for 75 minutes is, without fear of contradiction, quite, quite dull & uninspired.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 20 Oct 2008 16:32

thank god im not alone, was starting to think i was becoming old and bitter at 24

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 20 Oct 2008 17:40

3 veesinarow
BarryWhiteRFC When Preston play Blackburn/Morecambe/Blackpool they are the kind of chants that do fly backwards and forwards. I just want to start some rivalry between us and Preston, and whilst the chants aren't that imaginitive, it's no more inspirational than chanting about stabbing Swindon fans.

Errr...isn't the point of "rivalry" chants based on a geographical hatred of neighbouring teams rather than irrationally trying to get 1500 people to voice your own displeasure at being murked by an OAP some years ago? ColU & Wycombe is an obvious exception, before any smartarse comes back.

Banter is something like "stick the hoover up your arse" which, whilst crude, is at least relevant. Simply repeating "What do you think of Preston?Shit! What do you think of shit?Preston!" for 75 minutes is, without fear of contradiction, quite, quite dull & uninspired.

I didn't say I was going to start any rivalry off, just try. And try I did. I mean, the more complex anti-Preston chants people will not learn in a match, so you have to start off nice and simple. You also missed PNE w*nk, w*nk, w*nk. I enjoyed myself. And I'll try some more complex different chants at the Burnley game if you want. I also hate them.

And old Preston fans can be very scary, let me tell you!

Finaly, another exception, Palace and Brighton.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 20 Oct 2008 17:48

Back from the game threads used to be worth reading, cant you stick to opinions about the football??

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 20 Oct 2008 20:12

I agree, many of the postings on here are absolute tripe these days.

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 20 Oct 2008 21:06

Whilst on the subject of abusive fans, who is the bloke who rants and raves about Reading fans p***ing him off and being a bunch of wasters etc. and mouthing off all sorts of profanities about them ? I had the pleasure of meeting him when at the Wigan match last year. Having not seen him since, i thought maybe he had stopped coming out of disgust but - no - he was again there last saturday. He sat on his own of course but got the occassional jeer from passing fans whom he slagged off !!! If he really doesnt like the company of Reading fans, why does he go then ? Or does he just have tourettes syndrome ? :shock:

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 20 Oct 2008 22:27

woodley_royal_124 Whilst on the subject of abusive fans, who is the bloke who rants and raves about Reading fans p***ing him off and being a bunch of wasters etc. and mouthing off all sorts of profanities about them ? I had the pleasure of meeting him when at the Wigan match last year. Having not seen him since, i thought maybe he had stopped coming out of disgust but - no - he was again there last saturday. He sat on his own of course but got the occassional jeer from passing fans whom he slagged off !!! If he really doesnt like the company of Reading fans, why does he go then ? Or does he just have tourettes syndrome ? :shock:

Oliver Holt?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 21 Oct 2008 07:54

woodley_royal_124 Whilst on the subject of abusive fans, who is the bloke who rants and raves about Reading fans p***ing him off and being a bunch of wasters etc. and mouthing off all sorts of profanities about them ? I had the pleasure of meeting him when at the Wigan match last year. Having not seen him since, i thought maybe he had stopped coming out of disgust but - no - he was again there last saturday. He sat on his own of course but got the occassional jeer from passing fans whom he slagged off !!! If he really doesnt like the company of Reading fans, why does he go then ? Or does he just have tourettes syndrome ? :shock:

Perhaps he supports the team?

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 21 Oct 2008 08:13

People tend to forget that there are quite a few thickos who go to football. The old brainpower doesn't extend too far and therefore is sometimes reflected in some of their behaviour. You could say there's a broad 'Scope' of the intelligence spectrum in a football crowd.

Not that I'm inferring that some of them might be...(spa***cs).

I believe that would be 'politically incorrect'.