Embarrassing City fans

183 posts
nicky's left foot

Re: Embarrassing City fans

by nicky's left foot » 01 Nov 2008 22:38

I was sat right by the city fans and thought that the home fans were quite witty- for fans that had a bout three brain cells between them! Seriously some genius was going mental yelling abuse at me when they scored and then tried to punch the guy next to him when it was ruled out for offside! :lol: I was like ' WTF your 4-0 down already- keep your dignity man!'

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2008 22:42

I do laugh when other teams' fans always perpetuate the myth that we bought our way into the Premiership, usually after we've just beaten them. Especially so coming from fans of a team who just last summer paid £2m+ for a League 1 striker. At least the legacy of our visit to the top flight isn't going to be 3 successive relagations and going out of business, unlike some other clubs I could mention.

However, although I hate to agree with Finerain, the original post is a load of bollocks.

lovetoscore

by lovetoscore » 01 Nov 2008 22:45

No 13 was fantastic today. What a performance by the boys and what a strike by Cisse who I think was mom.

Brizzle fans support for their team was very poor until they went 4-0 down.They had been almost silent up until then and the only singing at all from them came from the section behind the goal to our right.Rest of their support was awful.Not sure what was most embarrasing-their home support ot their defending!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 01 Nov 2008 23:18

Ian Royal We couldn't have done much more than we did against Derby on the final day. Pompey could quite easily have done better than conceed a shit late goal to Fulham.

We could have scored another four goals and sent down Fulham...

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Nov 2008 23:53

rabidbee
Ian Royal We couldn't have done much more than we did against Derby on the final day. Pompey could quite easily have done better than conceed a shit late goal to Fulham.

We could have scored another four goals and sent down Fulham...

I have absolutely no doubt that had we scored 8 against Derby Fulham would have scored 2 against Pompey.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Nov 2008 00:13

Morph

by Morph » 02 Nov 2008 00:24

:lol: Love it. Good humour. Not everyone has to sit and sulk you know!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Nov 2008 00:30

Morph

:lol: Love it. Good humour. Not everyone has to sit and sulk you know!

No, but you can show dignity in defeat, like the Wednesday fans did.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 02 Nov 2008 01:16

So thats why they were being idiots!!

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 02 Nov 2008 01:35

I've been supporting Reading for about 35 years and when Royals fans come on here and slag off other fans for their lack of 'witty repartee' it really takes the old Huntley and Palmers. God the irony. Since when have we shown anything remotely approaching wit or humour in the chants stakes? I love the club but for us to slap ourselves on the back for being 'amusing or clever fans' is, frankly, so beyond the pale of the truth that I haven't stopped chuckling.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Nov 2008 06:45

It's quite simple really. Some sections of the City fan base believe their team to be far better than it really is. They were punching above their weight last year and if 'luck' in a football match is a valid concept, City had more than their fair share. As BCFC supporters come to terms with the fact that they perhaps, not the West's version of Brazil, there are plenty of sour grapes flying around and this is understandable and confirmed by the reactions at http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107592&st=0

Having had a dig around the site, I see that some sections of the BCFC support were directing ‘pikey’ chants at S Hunt.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107625

More responsible posters have slated this, but reading down the topic, it seems that a fair number of members consider the whole business as a joke or worse.

Banter or not, I wonder how that sits with Bristol’s obsession with shaking off its perceived racist, (a good proportion of the city’s wealth was based on the slave trade), past? Gypsies are seen in law as a distinct racial group, Irish Travellers were included in 2000. Any derogatory comments of this nature are therefore contrary to the Race Relations Act. Not something that the FA could treat lightly if a complaint were to be made.

As the BCFC faithful seem to prefer this site to their own, I need not bother with the rigmarole of posting over there, so for the benefit of (hopefully the minority) of those fans... anti 'pikey' chants are racist abuse. You will get your legs slapped if this is reported to, or comes to the attention of the relevant authorities.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Nov 2008 08:20

From Despair To Where? At least the legacy of our visit to the top flight isn't going to be 3 successive relagations and going out of business, unlike some other clubs I could mention.

Care to mention who that was, as I can't find anyone that did that

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 02 Nov 2008 08:40

Thinking of Leeds???

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Nov 2008 08:45

The 17 Bus
From Despair To Where? At least the legacy of our visit to the top flight isn't going to be 3 successive relagations and going out of business, unlike some other clubs I could mention.

Tongue in cheek I'm sure...

1980: Relegated, (from the old top flight Div 1) to Division Two.

1981: Relegated to Division Three.

1982: Relegated to Division Four, and the club plunge into financial crisis. A new club is formed: Bristol City FC (1982) Limited, avoiding closure by a whisker.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 02 Nov 2008 09:14

At least they sing :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Nov 2008 09:26

If Hunty actually was a "gypo or pikey" or whatever names he was being called, you might have a point about the racial slant - but he's not and our own vans sing the very same to players with longish hair. Get a grip. :roll:

I was surprised at how quiet the home fans were, to be honest - I expected a lot more noise - but like someone has said, when you go 2-0 down fairly early on and you're hardly getting in a shot in, let alone on target, I suppose it doesn't want to make you sing much.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Nov 2008 09:50

bobby m's syrup
The 17 Bus

Tongue in cheek I'm sure...

1980: Relegated, (from the old top flight Div 1) to Division Two.

1981: Relegated to Division Three.

1982: Relegated to Division Four, and the club plunge into financial crisis. A new club is formed: Bristol City FC (1982) Limited, avoiding closure by a whisker.

1983 - Throw your toys out of the pram because you can't handle a 4-1 battering by Reading.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 02 Nov 2008 09:53

Royal Lady If Hunty actually was a "gypo or pikey" or whatever names he was being called, you might have a point about the racial slant - but he's not and our own vans sing the very same to players with longish hair. Get a grip. :roll:

I was surprised at how quiet the home fans were, to be honest - I expected a lot more noise - but like someone has said, when you go 2-0 down fairly early on and you're hardly getting in a shot in, let alone on target, I suppose it doesn't want to make you sing much.

It dosen't matter if you are 2-0 or 6-0 you should keep chanting to get behind your team!! Earlier on the season Reading Town played Kidlington and went 2-0 down in the 1st half down but we never stopped chanting as that's when the players need your support most when you are being beaten. 2nd half and the Barmy Army as usual were singing no matter what and the goal came to make it 2-1. Then people around us (the reading rockers) started to belive we could get a draw so they joined in with non stop chanting which was great as it must us even louder. Last minute with everyone on a knife edge the Town scored and the place went mental with people jumping in the air. It's all good and well singing when your team is winning but they need the most support when they are loosing.
Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 02 Nov 2008 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Nov 2008 09:57

Royal Lady If Hunty actually was a "gypo or pikey" or whatever names he was being called, you might have a point about the racial slant - but he's not and our own vans sing the very same to players with longish hair. Get a grip. :roll:

Err... no. Just no.

No matter who says it, or who it is said to it is still a racist term and you better not be trying to justify people using it.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 02 Nov 2008 10:13

[/quote]It dosen't matter if you are 2-0 or 6-0 you should keep chanting to get behind your team!! Earlier on the season Reading Town played Kidlington and went 2-0 down in the 1st half down but we never stopped chanting as that's when the players need your support most when you are being beaten. 2nd half and the Barmy Army as usual were singing no matter what and the goal came to make it 2-1. Then people around us (the reading rockers) started to belive we could get a draw so they joined in with non stop chanting which was great as it must us even louder. Last minute with everyone on a knife edge the Town scored and the place went mental with people jumping in the air. It's all good and well singing when your team is winning but they need the most support when they are loosing.[/quote]

The sentiments there as always but get some bleeding record cleaner. Jeez.

183 posts