Kevin Doyle to stay?

firstdivision

Kevin Doyle to stay?

by firstdivision » 03 Nov 2008 18:24

Overheard on BBCRB this morning Tim Dellor saying that "It is reported that Kevin Doyle is going to be staying at Reading Football Club".

Anyone got the source of this news please, or can link to it?

Ta

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Kevin Doyle to stay?

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Nov 2008 18:27

There was a report in one of the papers this morning quoting Doyle as saying that he wants to get back into the premiership with Reading but if he's sold in January, c'est la vie.

In other words, exactly what you would expect him to say.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 03 Nov 2008 18:27

YES!!

Oh, wait...

Buy The Sun
There's an article in there about Doyle. Intresting that, the headline is,
Kev's Up 4 It
Doyle: I'll Stay A Royal

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 03 Nov 2008 18:35

Its all Villa this and Villa that.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Nov 2008 18:35

Here's what I read on Sky:

Kevin Doyle is eager to help Reading back into the Premier League, but says his future is out of his hands.

The Republic of Ireland international took his tally for the season to 11 by grabbing a brace in Saturday's impressive 4-1 win at Bristol City.

The striker has been linked with a January move to Aston Villa, but Doyle says his immediate focus is on Reading's bid for promotion.

"I enjoyed being part of the Reading squad that were promoted to the Premier League," said Doyle in The Sun.

Unfinished business

"I was also part of the squad that came down last season and that was an awful feeling. There's definitely unfinished business. The players who were at the club at that time are desperate to put things right.

"I've made no secret of the fact I want to play in the Premier League again and nothing would give me greater pleasure than going up with Reading.

"The trouble with football is that it's not always in your own hands.

"If another club came in with a big enough bid, Reading might feel it was worth taking."

Reading boss Steve Coppell admits he is not worrying about the prospect of losing Doyle, or any other members of his squad.

Coppell said: "No one can buy anyone right now. It's only November and I don't give a damn about January."

By the sounds of things he won't kick up a fuss and request to move and he will be personally happy to stay here and try to get us back up. However if there is a decent offer from a decent Premiership club it sounds like he will jump ship, which is understandable. Good words for me though, so long as he's here we have his full commitment.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 03 Nov 2008 18:45

A big :lol: at him saying its out his hands. If he said no to a move then he wouldnt go.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Nov 2008 18:47

I'd like to stay but the future is out of my hands? With respect to Kevin Doyle, but the future rests almost solely in his hands. If RFC accept a bid in January then Doyle still has the opportunity to say no to the bidding club at various stages until he signs a contract with them, so quite frankly he's talking bollocks IMO.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 03 Nov 2008 18:48

Fat Leather Jacket A big :lol: at him saying its out his hands. If he said no to a move then he wouldnt go.

'greed. i don't think he'll go. :wink:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 03 Nov 2008 18:49

Unfounded Rumours & Gossip Anyone?

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 03 Nov 2008 18:50

I'd be suprised if he said that hes gonna hand in a transfer request in january and can't wait to leave. We'll see if he says the same thing in a couple of months.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Nov 2008 19:40

By saying its out of his hands hes probably saying if the club wants him to stay so much then they can prevent him from leaving by offering a bigger improved contract, remember Sidwell?

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 03 Nov 2008 20:04

Chaney By saying its out of his hands hes probably saying if the club wants him to stay so much then they can prevent him from leaving by offering a bigger improved contract, remember Sidwell?

Yes, a fine midfielder i must say :wink: or so he was :roll:
Does he even start for Villa? Doyle needs to look at places like Villa and Stoke, where ex-reading players are currently playing. They rarely get starts and i don't think it'd change if Doyle moved-he'd be sat on a bench until cup games came along. I personally think bigger clubs are selfish for buying players they know they won't use unless someone is injured or in cup games.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 03 Nov 2008 20:42

Sidwell played and scored during his Villa debut last week as he has been injured since pre-season. HTH

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Nov 2008 21:28

Well, he certainly seems happy enough when he runs up to the fans after scoring.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 03 Nov 2008 22:36

Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Nov 2008 08:13

Sarah Star Well, he certainly seems happy enough when he runs up to the fans after scoring.

I guess that means we can all sleep at nights now!

Pearce seemed extremely happy when he ran up to the Southampton fans after scoring on Saturday and he'd only just joined the club on loan. Maybe footballers enjoy scoring and the subsequent celebrations whatever team they are playing for on that day!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Nov 2008 09:29

Just an observation.

I don't know what Pearce did at Southampton, but jumping into the crowd seems to imply Doyle quite likes it here with us.

Come on Kev, you know no one loves you like we do. Stay with us and we'll treat you right. You don't want to go and warm up anyone elses bench for them. You know it makes sense.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Nov 2008 10:28

it doesnt matter what he says hell get slated on here-so he should probably just keep it zipped and get on with banging in the goals.

that said it is slightly comforting to hear him put it that way-but id like to see his reaction when an offer deemed big enough to put to the lad comes in, will he knock it back then?

or do we just refuse all offers-thats what id do.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Nov 2008 10:39

So you reckon it's a sly way of saying 'get the offers in, but make it worth my while'? :roll:

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 04 Nov 2008 11:01

Nope its just what he's been told to say by his agent so a) he doesn't piss off the fans and b) doesn't lose his loyalty bonus by asking for a move whilst making it well known that he'll go if there's a bid.